Alamo Car Rental / beware! extra charges not included on quote!
Rented a car with Alamo after getting an online quote of $373.12
told them I didn't need any extra insurance cover but when I received the final bill I've been charged $1043!!!! This is because (apparently) I have no choice and had to take out the extra insurance even though nothing was said to me at time of rental so it was added to my bill.
Wish I'd have checked the bill more carefully but after a 7 hour flight and with a 3 hour drive ahead sometimes these things get missed as you can appreciate. Spoke to Alamo UK and US, both completely useless. Wouldn't admit the original quote was just a con (also no mention of a premium location supplement.... $60). Be very careful if you use these people. They are con artists and very expensive.... $100 a day for a compact car? hmmm sounds expensive to me, how bout you?
More Alamo Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - unauthorized credit card charges - daily
- Alamo Rent A Car - billing - I was advised I could use my cc to rent and do the "hold" then use my debit card to pay the final bill.
- Alamo Rent A Car - overcharged on car rental
- Alamo Rent A Car - unprofessional behavior by a alamo on-site manager at miami international airport
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - not refunding my money due