Alamo Car Rental / beware! extra charges not included on quote!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Rented a car with Alamo after getting an online quote of $373.12
told them I didn't need any extra insurance cover but when I received the final bill I've been charged $1043!!!! This is because (apparently) I have no choice and had to take out the extra insurance even though nothing was said to me at time of rental so it was added to my bill.

Wish I'd have checked the bill more carefully but after a 7 hour flight and with a 3 hour drive ahead sometimes these things get missed as you can appreciate. Spoke to Alamo UK and US, both completely useless. Wouldn't admit the original quote was just a con (also no mention of a premium location supplement.... $60). Be very careful if you use these people. They are con artists and very expensive.... $100 a day for a compact car? hmmm sounds expensive to me, how bout you?

Lu

Comments

Li
  15th of Jul, 2010

Rented a car in June2010.Online quote $579.59.When we got to washington the price was $867.42.lakily enough we did not trust them anymore and we hired a car from Hertz.Although we paid nearly twice we did not have any problems.
Now we are waiting for Alamo to explain such a big discrepency in renting price.
We wont be using them in the future, thats for sure!