Alamo / aggressive manager

I recently went to the San Francisco airport Alamo. After waiting in-line for over a half-hour, the paperwork was completed and my wife and I went into the parking lot to get our car.

They kept us stending in the parking lot for over 30 minutes, and it appeared that they did not have a car that matched our paperwork.

When we loudly complained, the manager became aggressive and threatened us, saying that if we continued to complain that they would call the Police!

When the Alamo city manager arrived, they sided with the rude manager and told us that they would not honor our rental contract.

I suspect that they never had a car for us, and that they thought that it would be fun to torment, threaten and abuse us.

A  17th of Aug, 2006 by
Yeah, I'm sure that was their plan all along - to torment you just so they could call the police. Why did you start out by complaining loudly? Perhaps if you had tried a kinder and gentler approach you might have found yourself driving away in an upgraded rental instead of being escorted off their lot. Travel is tiring and frustrating at times, but if you keep your cool you will almost always fare better than if you start off yelling. Oh well, either way I'm certain you will always remember the Alamo!
A  17th of Aug, 2006 by
I don't blame you for being angry. "Stending" in the parking lot must require a lot of energy!
A  17th of Aug, 2006 by
Yes, they purposely withheld the car in order to 'torment, threaten and abuse' you. What the hell? Seriously...are you that self centered that you think a car company would go to this much trouble to harass you for their own amusement? I'd like to know what your idea of 'complaining loudly' is. For a manager (especially in a large, liberal city like San Fran) to threaten to call the police, you must have done something alot worse than 'complaining loudly'. Was probably more akin to screaming, yelling and/or throwing the proverbial hissy fit.
N  17th of Aug, 2006 by
I agree that waiting for a rental car for 1/2 an hour is not acceptable. However, I do also wonder what exactly was said to have them refuse your contract.
N  20th of Jul, 2007 by
Aggressive manager... Only happens when all else fails. Next time, try to be civil.

Alamo Rent A Car Logo Alamo Rent A Car