[Resolved] Alamo / aggressive manager

1 Canada Review updated:

I recently went to the San Francisco airport Alamo. After waiting in-line for over a half-hour, the paperwork was completed and my wife and I went into the parking lot to get our car.

They kept us stending in the parking lot for over 30 minutes, and it appeared that they did not have a car that matched our paperwork.

When we loudly complained, the manager became aggressive and threatened us, saying that if we continued to complain that they would call the Police!

When the Alamo city manager arrived, they sided with the rude manager and told us that they would not honor our rental contract.

I suspect that they never had a car for us, and that they thought that it would be fun to torment, threaten and abuse us.

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Apr 17, 2018

We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Carol H.

Va

Comments

• Va
      17th of Aug, 2006

Yeah, I'm sure that was their plan all along - to torment you just so they could call the police. Why did you start out by complaining loudly? Perhaps if you had tried a kinder and gentler approach you might have found yourself driving away in an upgraded rental instead of being escorted off their lot. Travel is tiring and frustrating at times, but if you keep your cool you will almost always fare better than if you start off yelling. Oh well, either way I'm certain you will always remember the Alamo!

17th of Aug, 2006

I don't blame you for being angry. "Stending" in the parking lot must require a lot of energy!

17th of Aug, 2006

Yes, they purposely withheld the car in order to 'torment, threaten and abuse' you. What the hell? Seriously...are you that self centered that you think a car company would go to this much trouble to harass you for their own amusement? I'd like to know what your idea of 'complaining loudly' is. For a manager (especially in a large, liberal city like San Fran) to threaten to call the police, you must have done something alot worse than 'complaining loudly'. Was probably more akin to screaming, yelling and/or throwing the proverbial hissy fit.

17th of Aug, 2006

I agree that waiting for a rental car for 1/2 an hour is not acceptable. However, I do also wonder what exactly was said to have them refuse your contract.

• Re
      20th of Jul, 2007

Aggressive manager... Only happens when all else fails. Next time, try to be civil.

• Su
      14th of Apr, 2018

Hi there
    This is NOT a complaint, this is to express my gratitude for all the help I have received from your Kauai office in Hawaii.
    The staff: Wallace had gone above and beyond to help me find a solution. Also with the help from Ocean, the station manager.
    I want to let you know that you have amazing staff at the Kauai office, and what an amazing experience to have been treated with the "Hawaii experience" first hand!!!
    And please let them know I really appreciate their help!
    Mahalo
    Sue Shih

• Ga
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Alamo Rent A Car - National Policies
    Oakland
    California

You lost me as your customer !

By caving in and disconnecting your sponsorship of the NRA, of which I am a proud member.

• Ni
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Alamo Rent A Car - Customer service

Just sitting at rental cars lobby at Tulsa International Airport. I'm not renting from Alamo, but stopped to the kiosk and asked which way was the parking lot for Hertz. The lady behind the counter was so unnecessary rude with me, for no reason... Very unpleasant way to start the day.
    But now I'm positive to never ever rent from Alamo.

• Aj
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Alamo Rent A Car - Cleanliness

I rented a full size car at O Hare International Airport, it was a KIA Optima, the car was not cleaned properly and it has cigarette smell inside the car. I just want you people to know.

11th of Nov, 2018
    Alamo Rent A Car - car rental - orlando airport

Be very careful! This is a very dishonest car rental company. They have absolutely no standards. I have rented 100s of cars over the years. This is by far my worst experience to date.