Alamo / took money from my account without authorization

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I gave my bank details through alamo secure web site, and before i submitted i changed my mind and now after month i receive bank statement with 200 pound transaction has been made thats make me crazy dont now how to get back that money from them.

Comments

• Re
      20th of Jul, 2007

Here a copy of text straight from their website::

For reservation inquiries and updates please contact alamoukweb@emea.vanguardcar.com. Or you can go to Rates & Reservations to check for availability and rates.

For technical issues or feedback on the site, please contact alamoukweb@emea.vanguardcar.com

For correspondence related to service and billing inquiries. Please include reservation or rental agreement number whenever possible. alamocr@emea.vanguardcar.com

Reservations 0870 400 4562
    Internet Help Desk 0870 400 4564
    Customer Relations 0845 120 2071
    Main Switchboard 08705 565656

• Ca
      20th of Jun, 2009

Alamo: Why are you Charging me a hidden Fee?

Between May 10th and may 24th, 2009, I rented a Ford Focus through a travel agency in Costa Rica, from where I come from (turhokeanos.co.cr) with ALL INCLUSIVE in Orlando Florida.
    Every thing was fine, until they charge an extra $123.53 "Carefree Personal Protection" (CPP) which I NEVER order.
    Seems to be that the rental agent at the Orlando International Airport decided that I needed such insurance, but she never ask me for that, the only thing she said was: do you need a GPS in Spanish? I answered: I don’t need a GPS in Spanish. And she printed the receipt and made me sign with my initials.
    If I bought an ALL INCLUSIVE PACAGE to the travel agency, why I will need an additional CPP???? And I told her: give me only what is included in my reservation.

What I think is, she is getting a great commission, selling "extras" that customers don't order, don't need and don't know are paying.

Let me ask you: Will be the First and last time, I ever rent a car with ALAMO??
    Alamo: don’t take advantage of honest and hard working people, give my money back.

Carlos Calderon; from San José, Costa Rica.
    RA# 417108288 RES#449348689 Contract ID S00208NK

• Be
      24th of Feb, 2010

Subject: Defrauded after renting a car from Alamo International, Barcelona Spain - Car Rental in Barcelona Spain

BUYER BEWARE! I made a reservation thru Alamo for a compact car in Barcelona Spain. The total charge for my rental should have been $199 (including a GPS unit I rented at the airport for 21 euro). Upon my return from Spain, I discovered three separate charges from Alamo on my credit card statement totaling $65 in overcharges.

After several conversations with a rude and inefficient customer service department, I decided to have the overcharges reversed by my credit card company. Based on this experience and the other reviews I have now read, I will NEVER again go back to Alamo or National (they seem to be affiliated). Hope this review will help someone out there avoid the heartaches that this business can cause by their poor practices. Absolutely the worst rental car company I have utilized.