AirTran / awful everything

1 United States

On March 29, 2009 myself and my grandson age 4 where scheduled to fly out at 11:43 a.m. that morning. Apparently the early morning flight was delayed so they moved my flight to another gate. So I went to that gate, which the flight came on time in Charlotte, NC. As I was boarding the ticket checker flagged me and my grandson because my ticket did not scan. As I waited patiently while other passengers boarded with no problem, I was made aware that my flight was canceled. I was surprised by that question because the checker asked me did I cancel my reservations and I said no. He indicated that someone did and he would find out who did it. Because I was scheduled to go out on Monday, morning. He indicated he would find out and try to put me back in the system. He indicated that I should check with Atlanta to make sure it went through. When I arrived in Atlanta I was told my airport attendant that I was on standby and to check with another checker at 2:30 p.m., which I did. I went up to the checker and she told me that there was an error and she could not amend my ticket and that she had to have someone come and fix it and call me. She did not call me. I waited for several hours and then I finally went back to the desk and was told they could not do anything for me and that I needed to go to customer service. I went with my restless grandson who is four and was starting to get tired and waited in line again just to be told that my flight was scheduled to go out on Monday, March 30, 2009. So I stated to the customer service rep. do you give accommodations and she said no but they give discounts. I said well how do I get a hotel and what am i suppose to do with a four year old and the customer service rep. said I can't help you with a 4 year old but here is a discount. I was totally upset because I did not know where to go or how to get a hotel or get to the hotel because no of the people there were helpful. I was assisted by strangers who did not work for the airport. I finally found out how to call the hotel and had to ask how to get to the hotel. Also I was not given any information until later that day as to why my flight was canceled. I also paid for a seat and was placed in the back of the plane. My experience was horrible and I will never fly with Airtran again.

Ve