AirTran Airways standby employees are INCOMPETENT / do not ever fly airtrans airway!!!

1 St Louis MI, United States Review updated:

I had a ticket from St. Louis to Seattle (with connecting in Milwaukee) AirTran Airways Flight 515 on July 25 2009, with flight insurance purchased. On my way to the airport there was an accident on the highway, so I was stuck for 3 hrs...missing my flight.

I got to the Airport, and the AirTrans customer service reps took over 1hour and a half TRYING to figure out how to put a customer on standby for another flight...when they couldn't figure out how to, they FINALLY called a supervisor who told me I couldn't be put on standby now, because all the flights for that day had left.

After almost TWO HOURS of trying to figure out how to even DO THEIR JOB!!! they made me miss any standby flights, and their supervisor didn't even say anything about how UTTERLY INCOMPETENT those clerks were!!!

All they cared about was they got their money, which they're OBVIOUSLY NOT spending on employee training, and that is the ONLY reason I missed a standby flight!

I am NEVER flying with AirTran Airways EVER, and will be telling anyone and everyone to not use them either! Faced with a problem that was clearly, utterly, and obviously the fault of the poorly trained staff, the Supervisor made absolutely NO effort to take care of a paying customer. Completely unacceptable!

Comments

• Ob
      26th of Oct, 2009

The problem was you being 3 hours late for your flight. The rest is nonsense and anyone with an ounce of common sense can see this is you refusing to take responsibility for your own actions and blaming someone else for a situation of your own making.