Airtel Prepaid / worst services.

1 India Review updated:

My mobile phone which is a lifetime prepaid connnection. had not given problems in the past two years. Last month my phone no. [protected] was disconnected given a message for non submission of document proofs. wherein when i had taken the sim i had submitted the documents on that basis the sim was activated. when visited the Airtel gallery they informed me that due to recent crisis they have disconnected the prepaid cards. I submitted the documents on 3rd November, 2017 . the customer service told me that the same will activated in 24 hours (their 24 hours is 8 hrs on working days i.e. 3 days.) I visited the Airtel Gallery (Ghatkopar - opp. Odeaon Theatre) again on 7th November 07 as my sim was not activated. The per son at the gallery informed me that the network is down it will be done by evening. When on that day it did not happen i visited the gallery on Thursday. At the gallery the customer service activated my phone when i returned home i came to know that the person has activated my outgoing but my incoming is not working. No one is able to call me on my no. I complained it to the Airtel helpline (Worst service no.) [protected] They take your complain but nothing is done on the same in the past7 days i have almost callled up 10 times but they take the complain and inform you that the same will be done in 24 hours. but believe me dont wait for the same. they do not call up . I have called again today twice but they just given assurance that they will do it. and they take your alternat e no to confirm the same but nothing is done.

Please help me with this.
Frank

Comments

15th of May, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid - disconnection of prepaid services
    India

This is to inform u that I am the prepaid customer for airtel. My mobile number is 9867227962.1months before it has been disconnected due to the submission of documents. I was being told that it will start within 48 hours. But after submitting the document it got started after 20days. Now again on 14th it got disconnected. When I called the customer care they told me that it will get started within 2hours as its having some network problem. But then after two hours when I called back they said that u have submit the required documents. I even told them that I have already submitted all the required documents before 1 month then only it got activated. Anyways when on 15th I went to airtel gallery they told me that I no need to submit any document as there record is showing that I have already done it. And they told me to recharge the validity. So I did it but no result. Then again I called customer care they told me the same problem that I need to submit the documents. I am not getting what the exact problem is.

16th of May, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid - #### airtel staff

Dear customers,

If anybody knows the mobile numbers of the higher authority of airtel please circulate it... I want sell some nasty products including my ### to these ###... They can give our number to all these banks and insurance company to promote their products. So circulate the number and call their family in the midnight for a [censored]...

I am frustrated with the request. Four times in three months i complained to them to not to send these nonsense to my number. No use, now i decided to react public...

Soon you can expect a website about this matter...

Are you happy airtel mother [censored]ers...

• Ra
      4th of Aug, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid - automatic activation!
    India

A scheme was activated automatically on my cell no.. I tried registering a complain in call center I got 1 number which was redundant.. Then I also tried getting to a airtel gallery, but they also didn't make much difference. Finally when I called the call center 2day, they dropped my call...

Is this the customer service they speak about...

5th of Sep, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid - incorrect charging
    India

I am a user of Airtel Prepaid mobile service and my mobile number is 9867863754. In last few days I have noticed that my number has been charges the call charges much more than the actual/normal tariff of my number. On inquiry, I was told that for some calls I have been charged Rs. 6/- per minute instead of Rs. 1.50 (STD Call charges on my number).

I was given a complaint number 090311717000 and was assured by the customer care executive that the excess amount (about Rs. 400) will be refunded back as a credit to my number within 24 Hrs. More than 72 Hrs have been passed since then and there is no such credit in my account. When I contacted again and gave reference of my complaint number they say that their server is down and the same will be done in next 48 Hrs. I am helpless.

Regards
    Sumit Srivastava
    Sr Manager
    Union Bank of India
    Central Office, Mumbai.

20th of Sep, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid - illegally deducting money for service being denied!
    India

I have a prepaid card with airtel, phone no 9892860353, and on 25th August 2017, I recieved a promotional email promoting Night talk plan wherein if u sms for a confirmation of the plan one could talk from night to morning for 10 paise per minute at a deduction of Re1 every day. After replying back asking for the service via sms, I recieved an SMS confirming the application and assurance of an activation of the same within 48 hours.

I did not receive a confirmation after 48hrs for the the activation and so I call Airtel prepaid customer service. They said that I was not eligible for the plan and that the sms is a general reply not an assurance of the activation of the plan. After that, on the 7th of September 07, my money started getting deducted everyday. My balance kept getting less by 2 RS. I contacted the prepaid customer service center on the 20th September 07 and spoke to a customer service executive named Manish. The call was made between 11:15 am and 11:30am. Manish kept saying sorry for the inconvenience but refused to help. He said that it was a system error and that although this error was from their end they could not refund the money because it was night plan was activated and nothing could be done. I asked for his full name and he curtly replied saying that it was against company policy to give it! I asked to speak to a supervisor, he kept me on hold and returned back saying that the supervisor was not available and that I would need to call back in 2hrs if I wanted to speak to one. He sounded disinterested and rude!!!

Beware!

• Vi
      26th of Feb, 2008
    Airtel Prepaid - disconnect missed call alerts
    India

I am a airtel prepaid customer. Firstly missed call alert services were free of charge & later on it started charging 15 rs/montgh. So I want to disconnect my missed call alerts services but I am unable to contact customer care... Can I get customer no where I can speak to person & tell him my problems... Also when I try to open airtel site it shows vodafone link... What is the matter ??? Kindly help

• Bi
      3rd of Mar, 2008
    Airtel Prepaid - wrong deduction from account!
    Airtel
    India

I have Airtel prepaid connection with number +919955817339. I have deactivated GPRS connection on 19.02.08 morning at the Patna head office of Airtel by filling up a form. I was told that it would be deactivated within 24 hours. To my surprise Rs. 249 has been deducted again from my account on 20th Feb.2017. I talked to customer executive by calling at 121 regarding my problem. He agreed that the amount has been wrongly deducted and assured me that my problem would be solved within 24 hours. When my problem was not solved by 29th Feb., 2017; I personally went to the head office again and talked to the customer care executive and got the same assurance again. I was told that Rs.249 jas been wrongly deducted and wold be deposited immediately to my account. But so far not a single penny has been deposited so far. I am facing lots of inconveniences as my balance has gone to negative after the deduction.

• Pr
      26th of Mar, 2008

Bad customer service.More than money faith of customer is lost . our precious time is lost by talking to them.Due to this i reduced using airtel.

• Ra
      26th of Mar, 2008

mobile 98805 94671
    Dear Sir,
    ref ramarao m s 105-100555601/9880594671
    Complaint :

Airtel complaint No 15530043 recorded by Sri chandran 9th feb at 8-30 pm

I have received a DD for Rs 553-63 on 12th March 2017.
    There is a shortfall in the refund and hence this email.
    Total deposit Rs 1500.
    Deduct bill upto 5-11-2017 618-69 [this is the last bill I had to pay]
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Balance to be refunded 881-31
    DD received 12th March 08 553-63
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Refund due 327-68
    Please note one bill of mobile # 9880274008 [see below] has been wrongly debited to my
    mobile account. I have complained this to Mr Chandran and also emailed to your office [protected]@airtelindia.com;
    Inspite of all this you have wrongly/negligently calculated and sent refund which has a shortfall of Rs 327-68.
    I therefore request you to send this balance due immediately.
    Wonder how your office has erred like this.
    My experience is your office will not reply.[ except the comp generated reply.]
    hence I will not send you reminders, but wait for 15 days for your reply.

If there is no reply/refund of Rs 327-68, I will be constrained to move the
    Consumer forum .
    Trust you will take steps immediately.

Thanking you,
    sincerely

Ramarao m s

your earlier bill wrongly debiting my account:

Airtel Number 9880274008
    Circle Office : #55, DivyaSree Towers, Bannerghatta Main Road, Bangalore - 560029
    105-100555601
    Please Charge Rs.
    Payment Mode Amount Date Cheque Number Bank/Branch
    Cash
    Cheque / DD / Pay Order
    Please make crossed Cheque / DD / Pay Order in favour of "Bharti Airtel Limited - Mobile Services A/c No.
    Credit Card
    Card Expiry Date
    Amount Payable 664.61
    Due Date IMMEDIATE

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

• Ai
      2nd of Jun, 2008
    Airtel Prepaid - discontinuity of services without intimation
    Airtel
    www.airtel.in

I got an Airtel Prepaid connection last month and submitted all my papers to the agent for registration. On my visit to Airtel franchisee for an subsequent recharge i was told to resubmit my papers, which i did. Two days later the services were debarred and on inquiry i was asked that verification had failed because papers were not submitted. I did resubmit, now a third time, all the papers and the services were restored late in the evening. Now that everything was settled, i recharged my cell with a prepaid recharge of Rs. 3500/-. One week later i got a SIM registration failed message on my cell. On inquiring again, i was told that the verification has failed and no reason was provided why. They did not even intimate me about the disconnection of services.

And worst, still are not ready to refund back my money.

• Ku
      3rd of Jun, 2008

i want dietails of telefon my wife baljinder multani telefon nr.9915121080 incoming out goinh calls dietails

• Ab
      20th of Aug, 2008
    Airtel Prepaid - poor network in kolkata

I am a Airtel Kolkata Customer. Recently I
    have switched to Airtel leaving my 5 yr. old BSNL connection. But I am
    sorry to say I have to repent for my decision to switch to Airtel due
    to poor network coverage of Airtel in some prime areas within the city
    of Kolkata. I have been complaining at 121 customer care number for
    last two months but nothing has improved.

I am a daily commuter in the Rabindra Sadan - SSKM - PTS - Race course -
    Hastings - 2nd Hooghly Bridge route. I have been experiencing severe
    network problem in the entire stretch starting from Rabinndra Sadan -
    SSKM four point crossing upto the approach road of 2nd Hooghly Bridge. There is no signal at all when I stand at the Rabindra Sadan - SSKM four point crossing. The problem is not with my handset as I have tried with different handsets and have also seen my colleagues to experience similar network problem in this area. Most of the times there is absolutely no signal and very weak signal cotinues for almost 1 Km stretch upto 2nd Hooghly Bridge approach.

Call drop, poor voice quality and error in call connection is common in this entire 1 Km route.

I have been observing Airtel network strength in this area.
    Interestingly there is no tower in this entire 1 km stretch as cell
    info display show very distant Bataitala (Howrah) or Strand Road
    towers. Interestingly Vodafone has strong network in the area with
    their Maidan PS tower and BSNL has Race course and Telecom Factory
    towers providing good coverage in this route.

It is surprising to see how Airtel can afford to have such poor
    network coverage in such a busy and prime area in the heart of the
    city. The problem is persistent for the last few months and there is
    no respite for even a single day. Being daily commuters on this route
    I along with many of my colleagues are seriously considering to stop
    using Airtel and to switch over to Vodafone.

I wish if Airtel could take some action, which could improve the
    situation and would help us to retain our Airtel connections.

• Pr
      29th of Oct, 2008

they are ### bloody if I had a gun I should have shoot them

• Ki
      11th of Nov, 2008

Hi...This is Kishor(9892212624) from Navi Mumbai. I am also facing similer problem...!! As per information from Customer Care i send DMCA to 250 near about 5 times...& each time i receive replay as your compliant is unders concideration... but it not works at all.

• Dr
      5th of Jun, 2009

i agree...even in ultadanga, kankurgachi, phoolbagan, beleghata, sealdah, NRS medical college route the service is very very poor. i am though highly satisfied with my vodafone connection. my BSNL is also better than airtel, though vodafone is outstanding...

-dr. suvrodeep datta

• Wr
      5th of Aug, 2009
    Airtel Prepaid - wrong deduction of amount
    Bharti Airtel
    India

I am Pravakar Adak. from kolkata. i am a prepaid customer from last 4 years. my no is :9933855902.

on day of 30th July I have got a massage that "Thank you for subscribing to airtel friendz chat. you have been charged rs. 10/- for 10 days. but here I donot activate any friendz caht services. This time my a/c balance was very low :(Rs.0.19).after this service activating my a/c balance :Rs. (-)9.79
    here my quiestion is where i donot activate any friendz chat service or any other, so why i give its, charges.

I also complain to airtel same day. my complain no is :30731676507 by Mr. Ujjal Sadhuka on dated :30-07-09) .Mr. sadhukha says that you will be know against this deduction by sms on or before 04th August. but today 5th august. I donot received any sms or call from customer service..

So in my sight Airtel provide very bad service. They deduct amount from customer without any resion.

11th of Aug, 2009
    Airtel Prepaid - bad customer service
    India

Dear Airtel on saterday evening I got a SMS from you(Rs 274 worth benifit with RC222 ! Rs 199 regular talktime & 50 free STD mins. STD min validity 7days.offer ends on 18/08/2017). So I recharged my mobile with with RC 222. But I didnt gety the STD 55 mins. So I make a call to you.Yuor customer care people disconected my call 4 times. Lastly i talk with your customer care superviser and he rectified my problem & said the 50 STD mins will come to me with in 24 hours. After 48 hours I checked it out & i didnt get the STD mins. So I make a call to your customer care peopel. Again same problem I faced- your customer care people disconected my call 4 times lastly I talk with your customer care superviser . He is scolding me & saying they diidnt sent any SMS to me & disconected my call.

• Ha
      10th of Sep, 2009
    Airtel Prepaid - money deduction by automatically service activation
    BHARTI CELLULAR LTD
    P
    airtel.in

Hello sir,
    I am harish joshi I am using airtel prepaid mobile service. On this mobile I have not suscribed for any value added services but they activate it directly and charging me 3rs/sms. After I complained with customer care they stop it for some days and again start after some days. What to do with airtel mobile no is 9890567701. Pl. Help me.

• Am
      7th of Nov, 2009

i too agree this comment. the customer service provide by airtel is very poor.

• Vi
      26th of Jan, 2010
    Airtel Prepaid - wrong debits from balances
    India

I am having a prepaid connection of Airtel lifetime (9867461803) usually having a balance of Rs.100 & more having full talkrime. I am having a model of Nokia - 3315 having no other facility than receiving and diallinmg a no. Company's customer care service centres are sending promotional messages and in case of no reply automaticaaly activates the service and keeps on debiting the amount from the customer's account. There are many other users who like me are only using the mobiles for their necessity amd not for the value added services. The company is cheating the customers by debiting the amounts from customers accounts.

I think that company is cheating their innocent customers who don't know about value added services and don't require it by activating on their mobiles and charging for the same