Airtel - Prepaid / I don't have words to describe what I feel!

1 India Review updated:

Few days ago, I converted to my Airtel prepaid to postpaid connection. I have been a good customer of Airtel prepaid service for more than 1 month. But in return, I have got such a bad service that I don't have words to say nothing about it.

A customer care representative was sent by Airtel call center on my request to my office (Mirae asset Investment Pvt ltd, Kalina, Santacruz (E.) as I was interested in migrating to postpaid connection. That guy (called Mr. Rajesh and Mr. T.M.Gokul from Airtel Service center, c/20,Station Plaza, Bhandup (w.) Mumbai 400 078. His number is [protected]. Also he has given me his seniors number, Mrs Sarika-[protected], and Mr. Mangesh-[protected] - Airtel authorized point, as is a complete liar and gave me wrong information. First he explained me about the plan which is 199-good value, as i told him I want only 199 maximum bill on each and every month I don't want more than that he told me ok we will give u the same as what u want, I said ok, and I clearly spoke with his seniors also i don't want more than that bill if it will more pls stop my outgoing and they told me ok we will do that. My post paid connection was activated after 3 days after paying Rs 600/- as the initial charge. They told me its deposit amount which will be refundable after discontinue the services. And after that when i saw the bill it shows me the bill amount Rs. 289/- Plus Extra money in advance for the next month. I called up in call center and checked they told me yes this amount is advance payment which has been taking from you. I said buy why in advance they are saying me its a airtel rule, as per rule u have to go.

Then after 1 month its suddenly my outgoing and incoming is stop i don't understood what is happen , i called to bhandup airtel service center from which i have converted the prepaid to postpaid, when i was call in the morning to Sarika she told me u have to go to airtel gallery and sort out by own this issue i don't know why your outgoing and incoming is stopped. Again i called to call center they told me ur card is still prepaid, I shocked, i said but i am using for one month as a postpaid and they send me the bill also so how u can say like that. Gain i called up to the Bhandup Service center they asking me stupid questions like ur card is verified or not, when the service is activated on your mobile, after than they told me your mobile will work up to evening. After that again I called in the call center and i am again surprised one representative told me our card is postpaid i said yes i know but your guys is telling no your card is still prepaid. Ohhh my god... after that he told me lie he again saying ohhhh sorry sir can u tell me your number again and he replied me yes ur number is postpaid.

And when i asked before in Bhandup service center if suppose i don't like plan then u will convert my plan into prepaid immediately at that time they told me yes within 3 days. And now i just inquired that guys they told it will take 45 days.

How they can run a such a big organizations with ppl of such questionable integrity??? Airtel authorized center send fake representatives with the whole intention of trapping the customers!!! Airtel call center gives the wrong information!!! It means customers are helpless!

I feel like moving to consumer court its simply ridiculous public nuisance! Today I have lost my important contacts so that why i have lost my one lac rupees, who will bare my loss.

I would be very thankful if something can be done and also it will be very consoling for me if the authority of Airtel service center, c/20, 2nd Floor, Station Plaza, Bhandup (West). Has canceled so in future they might not trap other customers!

Comments

• Ka
      1st of Jun, 2007

Yes, he is right... I am still suffering after moving prepaid to postpaid... my outgoing and incoming is barred from last 3 days... and I'm completely lost... Hope to go for some thing different...

• Se
      4th of Jul, 2007

I totally agree. I have gone threw the same s...

• Pr
      25th of Feb, 2009

Well,

I called up airtel prepaid customer care to change my address as i shifted from Noida to Gurgaon. But those stupid airtel customer care executives are saying that NO this is not possible. You cant change your address in airtel prepaid. After that i asked those stupid guys that if you want to communicate then where will you communicate. A stupid answer "To the old address - address which you gave first time".

Customer care of airtel prepaid is pathetic. Atleast i experienced in Delhi NCR.

Prashant

• Su
      31st of Aug, 2009
    Airtel - Prepaid - againest customer service & retailers
    Airtel
    India

Hi, I did unknowingly subscribe to this pack while browswing and now i am not able to unsubscribe, is it possible to get his pack unsubscribed. 9701017317

• Ar
      4th of Oct, 2009
    Airtel - Prepaid - changed my number
    United Arab Emirates

I am user of Airtel Prepaid connection for the past 4 years, the no which I bought on June 2017. After December 2017 I came to gulf for employment. Now the problem is I am having the SIM card (and my number is valid up to 2017 ) somebody is using the same number. How that is possible this is not fair too, I am not going to settle here for ever. Shortly I will be coming back but before that this problem to be resolved. Because many of my friends, peers, all knows this no only. Kindly do the needful. I wrote a mail to customer care they told the number not been used for 90 days so somebody is using. Is this justifiable ? shal i can able to get the old number? Some body help me please

14th of Apr, 2010

I am also a victim of this sai baba pack of airtel wap service as i have never gave my consent for this while browsing.since long i have been charged for this.now i am teased.my no is 9993476082.

• Vi
      15th of Mar, 2011
    Airtel - Prepaid - againest customer service & retailers
    Bharti Airtel
    Iraq

Hi,

This is very bad to say about Bharti Airtel, Even I am also working with Bharti group, but I never seen this much bad service and bad communication from any others,

From past two years I am using Vodafone net work, recently I done porting to Bharti Airtel, at the time of taking connection offer they communicated was A-A is 2Sec/1p, A-O is 3sec/2p, A-STD is 1sec/1p, SMS daily 100 free sms,

After Activating my call rates is 1sec/1p for all calls and SMS : 1st sms 0.60p and then 100SMS free.

With in a day I had called to Airtel call center communication was below

On 13/03/2017

ME: Wt is my present tariff plan?

Customer service Executive : A-A is 10p/ 1 min, A-O is 0.30p / min, SMS - Re :1 / Sms, STD 1.50p / 1min,

ME : Imm I ask him to raise complaint on this,

Customer service Executive : Complaint number is CMBNR30313611720. Problem will solve before 15/03/2017 01:30PM

on 15/03/2017 @ 03.30pm call given to 198 by the name thrivani

ME: What happen to may complaint?

Customer service Executive: It is already solved please check on that

Me: No, From the morning on wards I am sending msg’s to diff numbers but it’s not charging Rs:1 / SMS, may I know the reason..?

Customer service Executive: No Sir, first 10 days there is free 100 sms per day.

ME: are u sure that tariff had activated…?

Customer service Executive: yes please check,

Me: If no again I will call you.

Customer service Executive: ya sir no problem please.

This like the Customer service Executive’s are miss guiding .

I checked its not happened, Again I called to Customer service Executive somebody picked any they connected to Mr. Madhu.

Me: Wt happen to my complaint..?

Madhu : Ask to retailer or ask to to whom you spoken .Suddenly he disconnected my call, I really felt very bad on this.

If you can’t give Offer then don’t communicate and dint miss guide customers. Whatever tariff is there please communicate that to customers; don’t robe customer’s pockets with telling un related offers…

Retailes I walked in : Gandhi Bazar branch, Bangalore.

By

Vinod Kumar G
    Bharti AXA general Insurance

Mobile : 9886869243

• Sh
      12th of Apr, 2011

Hello sir I am afzal from india state ap dist warangal my name is shaik afzal pasha . Y u kept for us only 20rps profit for 1000 y knt u increase the profit for us this nt fair sir plz increas it thank q