Airtel Pre - Paid Mobile Sim Card / poor and irresponsible after sales service
I am an NRI based in U.K. and am on a holiday to India . I purchased a pre paid SIM card of Airtel(No:[protected]) on 06.02.08 from Radical Communication,Shop No.88/1,Main Road ,Adhchini,New Delhi-110017.I gave copy of my passport and VISA as identity proof and local address as Aurobindo Ashram,N.Delhi,where I was staying at that time.In short,I submitted all the details as I was asked.
I was told that there will be a verification call from Airtel WITHIN 48 hOURS.i DID NOT RECEIVE ANY CALLS WHATSOEVER ,and 4 days later the phone was disconncected.
Since I was touring various parts of India ,I needed this conncetivity to be on 24/7 .just in case my employers or colleagues need my assistance in any matter /eventuality while I am away from work.
And I lost significantly because of this poor and irresponsible service of Airtel or its dealer or both.
Airtel being an international operator knows better and works differently in European countries where consumer laws are implemented stringently and the defaulter is always worse off.
When I contacted the dealer,I was told I will have to re-submit the form as the address on my passport and the local address of lodge given by me differed-poor excuse as I only did what I was guided to do.Anyway,I was told someone in the dealers office has gone to the system and the no.will be activated in 4 hours.Waited overnight and I called back next day-was told to wait for another 4 hours-nothing happened.
When I called back again,I was told again to submit a fresh form in Connaught Place and someone named Mr Amit Sethi in M5 will EASE THINGS OVER for me.
I was flabbergasted-what a kindness and generosity.
I refused,because I was totally frustrated and sapped.
I instead gave me present address and was promised someone will collect the form from me.
I am still waiting after 28 hours.
Is there a swift respite for the consumers in the fast growing 2 nd largest market of the world ,called Incredible India.
More Airtel Pre - Paid Mobile Sim Card Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - Mobile Tower Installation Fraud
- Bharti Airtel - Faulty SIM cards
- Airtel India - mobile service issue.. fraud in bills
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315