Airtel Postpaid / ecs deducted from bank

1 India Review updated:

Hi

This mail is regarding postpaid number [protected] which is subscribed under karnataka circle.

I was working with hp bangalore till october. i have since then shifted to pune and am working with fujitsu now. before i shifted to pune, i went to the koramangala airtel outlet to surrender this number. the executive there informed me that i can convert this number to a prepaid number free of charge and then do a life time recharge so that in case i come back to bangalore, i can use the number. i instructed the executive to convert this number to a pre-paid number. the executive then said that she has requested and updated the system regarding the same and that the number would be converted to a pre-paid number in 24 hours. since then airtel continued to deduct ecs from my account and i was shocked to see that airtel deducted an ecs of 2409.71 from my account on 4/02/2008. since then i had to call bangalore customer care dept n number of times, which costed me according to std rates.

A manager looked into this account and admited that it was airtel's fault and told me that all the money would be refunded to my account. he gave me a reference number [protected] for the same. it has been more then 15 days, and the money has still not been refunded to me.

I also dropped an email to the bangalore nodal officer last week. There has been no response from his side as well. I tried all possible means and have spent more then a thousand rupees on std calls to the customer care dept, still i have no response from there side.

Comments

• Mu
      29th of Feb, 2008

i have post paid dolphine mobile no. 9868233328 life time converted to prepaid lifetime but validity shown on13.03.2008 .
    pl. may be checked
    please acknowledge

• Ta
      14th of Aug, 2008

can i convert my postpaid connection into lifetime prepaid connection if yes then how.