Airtel India / mental harrasment / fault committments

India Review updated:
I made a GPRS on my mobile (mobileoffice) request to airtel in 8th of august 2006. Till this complaint (12 august 2006, they says the activation will happen within 24 hr from the request) hav't got any response from their side.

The executives are already with their apology and fault commitment that it will activate with in 1 hr, 2 hr,...... no response then.

Even the team leader of customer care failed give any response she commited that she will activate the function within 3 hrs. after 3 hrs i made a call but the executive said that the team leaders shift has over and she left the office!. with out any message or a call.

Airtel has absolutely failed to give the service. Absoultely pathetic condition.

A  29th of Nov, 2006 by
I am a Ludhiana, Punjab based post paid customer of airtel India. I have been depositing bills in time since I got connection 20 months back. For this, as a gesture airtel set my credit limit to Rs.3000.

I could not deposit my last bill for around Rs.800 in time. As I was to pay fine for late payment I thought to deposit the last bill along with the next bill which will be due for payment by 11th Dec 2006. But today, that is 29th Nov 2006. I got a call from an airtel female executive( from cell number +919815323249) who asked me to deposit my last bill immediately or face debarring of my outgoing calls. When I told her that I have not crossed my credit limit of Rs.3000 and I would deposit it wit next bill, she got furious and rudely told me," It is not you but the company which makes the rules." I was shocked at her behaviour. I said," Then you disconnect my phone." She replied bluntly,"O.K. You deposit the out standing amount first, then we'll disconnect your phone." She seemed to have total disregard for the customer.

It seems success has got high to their head and it has least regard for customers who are source of their bread and butter.
A  2nd of Dec, 2006 by
I am a corporate connection holder from HCL, Noida. I had an outstanding bill of around Rs 1000 that i could not pay since all of a sudden i had to go out of India for quite long period due to some official work. I was aware that i had not paid my bill but never wanted to lose my existing number. Coming back to Noida after around 8 months, i got a call on my new number (since my that number didn't exist anymore) from a courier company. Very next day i got a call from gentleman from number 011-32416478, who was not gentle at all, naming himself as Advocate Aggrawal, who then transferred the call to an equally rude lady calling herself as Advocate Kavita from Tis Hazari court, stating that Airtel has filed a case against me since i didnt pay my bill. I told her about my genuine circumstances and told that would pay it within next week. She didnt agree to that and told that payment has to be made today itself or else legal action would be taken. I would like to know that is this the correct way that you call a customer in a high tone at 12 noon and ask him/her to make pending payments within next 2-4 hrs and in case customer fails to do that, give threatenings that he/she would be taken to court for which NO prior notice has ever been sent?
This is not customer service..."customer threatening" rather, fooling the person saying it is call from courier service, court etc ---- VERY DISAPPOINTING...!!!
A  21st of Jan, 2007 by
I have activated my mobile office service passed 2 1/2 month before and i have used it only for 10-15 days and deactivated that service due to unsatisfied speed. now the problem is that even though my service is being deactivated my daily 7 rupees is being debited from my balance. These all things are going from last 2 months. I have several compliant numbers with along time & date. But every one is least bother about it, after so much of request from 2 months none of the executives are taking any necessary actions. First thing is that the card which i am using is in government plan & i am working in Indian navy. I had rights 2 take any legal action. Airtel cant cheat government sections.
A  12th of Dec, 2007 by
It is really sad and pathetic, i think that my fault was to get the services done from Prepaid to Postpaid keeping this number for last 5 damn good years.

No Verfication done as per the requested time,the officer never called before coming to our residence,serives barred without informing,lastly verfication done and not updated in system,again our services barred and we had to face lots of problems,the customer service is very unhelpful department and the service of Airtel has really detoriated in last few years.....
The executives are very unprofessional not ready to listen to the customer..

I think it is a simple case of Harrasment,I do not know whether BIG SHOTS in different section of the society have to go through the same... I AM VERY CONFIDENT that they do not have to.We are common man and so are harrased.
N  26th of May, 2008 by
In our village Airtel tower Activated last week.but thats range very low. so we have already Number.now that is dead invest. So please give more range or turn that antennas in to all places.

Our village - in Karnataka circle Mangalore division Sullia Taluk, BALPA Tower. We want signal in Kamila Village also.
A  30th of May, 2008 by
Its funny..i was living in jaipur and had an airtel internet connection...I asked themto stop my connection since airtel data card did not function well...I shifted out of jaipur and they did not close my connection..now they say that I have 12000 bill and that there is a tis hazari notice againest me..can they really do anything..please tell me
A  4th of Aug, 2011 by
Myself laxmi saha 9890987980, my balance has been cut on 21st Jul 2011 at 1115 Hrs, as I have not received any message or call at that time. ihave complained same to customer care but he has refused to give any reply. So pls give me the explaination for that..
Laxmi Saha