Airtel Calling Card / marketing calls

1 PA, United States Review updated:

Airtel has been harassing with marketing calls. I am registered on a Do Not Call List. Despite this I am getting numerous calls. After politely telling them multiple times not to call, I started asking to speak to the supervisor. The first two times (on 4/24/09 and 4/28/09, caller Anand), the supervisor promised to remove my name, but didn't. So we also called their Customer Service - who said they would forward the complaint. I continue to get these calls. The last time (5/08/09), I asked for the supervisor. After much hesitation, and after my persistence, the caller hung up on me.

How can I make them stop?!! This is despite being on a DO NOT CALL registry.

Ni

Comments

• Pr
      25th of Aug, 2009

The Airtel team is really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We will take up this issue with the tele-calling department and get back to you soon. It is requested that you share with us your Phone Number and Email ID so that we can ensure that your details are properly updated in DND registry.

8th of Jan, 2010
    Airtel Calling Card - Calling Card Practices
    Airtel
    California

Airtel calling card marketing guys are keep on calling and they are talking abused words and torturing us. I already registered Do Not Call list but still they are keep on calling and talking filthy words and abused words. Shall I file a police complaint?

16th of Apr, 2011
    Airtel Calling Card - Calling Card Practices
    Airtel
    New Jersey

AIRTEL IS A DEFINITE FRAUD. BUYER BEWARE!! Here is the background and I am giving a compare and contrast between another card and Airtel so you can appreciate the differences. As a consumer who has lost money with Airtel, I am totally frustrated and the customer service is totally helpless!

* I have used both reliance and airtel in the past. Reliance is very organized. You can view your call details etc anytime you want.
    * Now coming to airtel, it is is like "use it or lose it" (well.. that is how most of their product offerings are). So, if you are signed up for that type of calling card... that is your choice. But you should be able view online what you used up and what you have not.
    * I called the customer service today since my account was blocked and they tell me I they will unblock it but I will have ZERO balance. And neither can I view the past history or any of those details. NOW WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BUYING A CALLING CARD OFF THE STREET AND BUYING IT WITH A COMPANY LIKE AIRTEL, WHICH BOASTS ITSELF AS A REPUTABLE COMPANY and provides information online to track your usage !!!
    * According to my notes, I had put in about $100 USD and I had used up about $22. $78 is a hell of lot of money to lose and I DID NOT PURCHASE THE USE IT OR LOSE IT SCHEMES. Granted I had not used it for about 3 - 4 months now, that does not mean they usurp my money!!

I called customer care to give me the details and they would not! I asked them if I can view it online once they unblock my account and they said I cannot!! These are not best business practices... as one might agree.

Buyer beware!