Air Indiawheel chair not given to olderly women

My mother who is very old arrived on london hethrow airport on 19th june 2009 and her flight number is AI111 and the booking reference HSPTJ through Air India flight from Delhi. When the booking was confirmed I spoke to one person from Air india in london on 18th june and she ensured me that the assistance will be given to her at hethrow but on her date of arrival no assistace was given at all even no wheelchair was also provided to her, and she was also asked to walk from one of the staff at airport . As a result she had to walk all the way to the immigration even though she was not allowed to walk due to this I have to take her to hospital. It was one of the worst experience in my life from Air India and the worst service as well. They do not have any respect to the olderly people. Her return flight is on 28th of september but i am afraid that this thing will happen again and i donot want to take any risk at all as she is unwell and can't walk. I have written this complaint so that you can take further action or can investigate about this issue.

looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanking you for your kind consideration

With regd

Arshad Zhaki
Lodnon
Phone :[protected]

Comments

• Mr
      Jul 15, 2009

On the 27th June 2009 Flight from Amritsar to London Heathrow - My dad who is 91 also came on Air India flight firstly when a wheel chair is requested why do Air India not supply one also why dont they check which passenger needs one first my dad can not walk for a few minutes.

Flight landed at 11.30 or 11.40am my father did not arrive until 3.00pm in the afternoon he was left by Air India staff not sure were he was wheeled out of the plan then left sitting on a waiting chair he could not walk suffers from hip problems if i had known i would have never sent him Air India

i would like to hear from Air India

tel [protected]

Mr M Singh

• Na
      Jun 29, 2011

My Parents had the same issue, my mother could not walk and we requested wheel chair service from hyderabad to newark and the service was not provided, when we call air india office they mentioned they outsourced it so someone and they are not responsible for that very pathetic service.

• Pa
      Mar 21, 2014

Same Issue my mother could not walk and we requested and also Air India give me confirmation later about wheel chair service from Ahmedabad to Canada and the service was not provided, when we call air India office they mentioned they outsourced it so someone and they are not responsible for that very pathetic service.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanking you for your kind consideration

With regd

Hardik Patel
    Ahmedabad
    Phone :+91 [protected]

• In
      May 28, 2014

My mother travelled by AI111from delhi to london LHR on 24May 2014.

Since my mother has arthritis. I selected wheelchair.option while booking, however, the booked e ticket did not show any.special assistance.

Immediately after booking i.called your call center to confirm about wheelchair. I.was assured by your call centre that the PNR shows wheelchair option and even.if it is not showing on eticket she will be offered special assistance in the form of wheelchair.

To my disappointment my mother.was not offered a wheelchair at heathrow.
    My mother has arthritis and it was a very painful experience for her to push her luggage.Despite her constant requests, the Air India personell refused assistance saying that since it is not mentioned in the ticket they cannot help.

It took her 3hours to come out after the flight had landed.

It was a very bitter experience i had with air india. Please correct and update your systems so that innocent.old age travellers are not hasseled unnecessarily by Air India staff.