Air India — wheel chair not given to olderly women
My mother who is very old arrived on london hethrow airport on 19th june 2009 and her flight number is AI111 and the booking reference HSPTJ through Air India flight from Delhi. When the booking was confirmed I spoke to one person from Air india in london on 18th june and she ensured me that the assistance will be given to her at hethrow but on her date of arrival no assistace was given at all even no wheelchair was also provided to her, and she was also asked to walk from one of the staff at airport . As a result she had to walk all the way to the immigration even though she was not allowed to walk due to this I have to take her to hospital. It was one of the worst experience in my life from Air India and the worst service as well. They do not have any respect to the olderly people. Her return flight is on 28th of september but i am afraid that this thing will happen again and i donot want to take any risk at all as she is unwell and can't walk. I have written this complaint so that you can take further action or can investigate about this issue.
looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanking you for your kind consideration
More Air India Complaints & Reviews
- Air India - lost baggage and incompetent service 
- Air India - compensation problem 
- Air India - stolen items from checked baggage 
- Air India - ltc - 80 fare
- Air India - no response from ecommerce department for refund 
- Air India - bad service provided and did not allow to travel even 40 minutes left of departure time
- Air India - compensation for delayed flight 
- Air India - Non refund of ticket charges for the leg of journey for which the flight was cancelled by air india
- Air India - refusal of in-flight service and rude behaviour by flight attendant
- Air India - flying returns : anand p prakash : membership # 132043265