Having problems with Brookstone?

Brookstone Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 846 3000 (Customer Service)
One Innovation Way
Merrimack, New Hampshire

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brookstone Customer Service. Initial Brookstone complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brookstone above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brookstone. Discuss the issues you have had with Brookstone and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Brookstone Complaints & Reviews

Brookstonemanufacture

Brookstone Massage chair . What happen when I hear noise and stop workIng .l start to remove the leather cover . under the leather cover a piece of linen cover the machine it was ripped from the edge because the plastic wire holder ripped (picture1)and stuck with machine shield (picture2)and I see white piece of the heater ribbed and it go inside the track of the machine buckler (picture3). Thence it is not my fault but it is manufacture mystic . I am asking for fixing or change the chair for me.

Brookstone — employee

I was at the brookstone store with my friend and we were looking at the products because he was interested in...

Brookstonemanager customer service

Dear Brookstone Management,
    Good Evening. This afternoon (October 14, 2017) at approximately 6:20 PM, I visited one of your Brookstone locations located at 145 Smith haven Mall, Lake Grove NY, 11755. In my many years of visiting this location and purchasing many items from a Fitbit and most recently a foot massager, I’ve never been treated in such a disrespectful manner by a manager.
    My children enjoy this location because in the past, all the employees had were extremely kind, professional and courteous. We’ve always enjoyed experiencing the new massagers and experimenting the various ones that are available for customers to utilize. I have subsequently purchased one of these massages and that is because of the ability to utilize them prior to purchasing. This evening I had a very different experience at this location. The woman by the name of Christine who subsequently learned was the manager, was very disrespectful and rude. Her demeanor was both unprofessional and cold. She came over abruptly to me and my 10 year old son, and told me that I needed to ‘’Remove my flip flops! The massager I was trying did not have a place for your feet so I assumed it was permissible to leave my flip-flops on. I immediately apologize to the woman but she continued to have a very poor attitude towards me. I asked her about purchasing one of the massagers and asked her if it was still available however, she would not make eye contact with me but proceeded to straighten up the shelves while telling me ‘’we’ve had it for over year, it’s nothing new.’’ At that moment she walked away and spoke to another employee pointing and referencing me and my family so we left this location.
    I was extremely disappointed but particularly upset after hearing my 10-year-old son and my daughter articulate that they never wanted to come back to this location again.
    I ask that you please have a conversation with this Team. It was certainly not the experience that I wanted to end my evening. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
    Respectfully,
    Ms. Sharon Dungee

Brookstone — no concern to consumers whatsoever

I paid over $400 for my orders and when I received the parcel all of them were broken. I wasn't offered...

Ullin

Brookstone — cool it hand held fan

I bought this fan on line. It was AWESOME at first. It soon started losing speed so brought it back to the...

Groveland

Brookstonei'm very disappointed

Brookstone used to be a great place, they had huge variety of merchandise and great prices. I was a long time customer and bought many things from them but they've changed in a bad way. My two recent orders were completely messed up. One order arrived and was incorrect, after days of arguing I finally got a refund. My second order never showed up because they cancelled it and never bothered to tell me. I waited patiently and when I found out about that I was shocked. I asked them to give my money back, but they ignored me and did not reply. I called and emailed with no luck. Once they finally replied and said only that my order was cancelled because my item was no longer available. They said nothing about the money. I'm very disappointed and I'm officially done with Brookstone.

Brookstonethieves!

I had a terrible experience with Brookstone and will never deal with them again! I already gave up and decided to tell people about these scams.
        I have placed my order back in January and it took them forever to deliver. About three months later I finally received my order but it was incorrect.
        Contacted customer service and received no help. Asked for a replacement and received no as an answer, asked for a refund and no again.
        Spoke with their reps which were very rude and nasty. No one wanted to help and they gave me only a run around. Well, I'm sure I'll never get my money back and I will no longer waste my precious time with these guys. And I recommend everyone to stay far away from these thieves!

Brookstone, Inc.online sales

I attempted to purchase a massage chair for $3, 300.00. They cancelled the order via email, stating that the address associated with my credit card is not the same as the address provided during the online purchase. I used the same address. It probably compared the 5 digit zipcode with a 9 digit one or something ridiculous like that. I replied to just cancel the order. If I can't even order something without trouble, imagine what it is like getting warrantee service or customer support out of them. The horror stories must be true. AVOID.

Brookstone — rude customer service

My family and I were looking at your products and enjoying sampling them before we bought them just as we do...

Brookstone.comyou won't get objective critiques of any product on this website

I posted a long and thoughtful review on a Crane humidifier and went through the verify process. The review was never posted. If you look on the website most products (like this humidifier) have NO reviews. All negative reviews are deleted and you only see five star reviews. NOT honest. Incidentally, the use a third party to manage customer reviews ... and you cannot delete a review once it's submitted (unlike Amazon) because they consider the reviews to be their property. You won't get objective critiques of any product on this website.

Brookstone — brookstone &smart set& clock

I bought a "Smart Set" clock from them. The advert said that you would never need to adjust it for daylight...

Brookstone - Hands Free Juicerfaulty product

Never purchase a replacement Brookstone replacement plan. Never purchase a Vincci Hands Free Citrus Juicer. In my case, the "Replacement Plan - 1 yr" only kicks in AFTER the mfg limited warranty. I called Brookstone and they would not stand behind selling me this product. It was dead on arrival and customer service told me I had to contact the manufacturer because Brookstone would not step in until the mfg warranty expires because it was a "drop ship" item. My transaction was with Brookstone. In my opinion it is their responsibility to handle issues with this product. To top it all off they are not authorized to release the mfg contact info!! I had to find it myself and the mfg won't call me back. All voice prompt options lead me to the same mailbox for "Andrew". It's not worth the hassle with Brookstone to purchase anything from their store. Their customer service policy is ridiculous. The poor people that answer the phone have to defend a company that does not care about customer satisfaction.

I will never purchase ANY product from Brookstone again. I have been a loyal customer over the years but they must stick to their absurd "policy" even though I purchased their "replacement" plan. Brookstone is worthless. Buyer Beware. I've started a chargeback claim with AMEX. At least they are on my side.

• Mi
                  MichaelDean Nov 12, 2011

Hi, I agree with you about Brookstone not being worth it to buy from any more.
                  I don't know if you remember but back when they started they gave LIFETIME warranties on their products because they put out Quality products. Honestly I bought a lot of stuff there and only ever returned a couple of items!

Then they started going downhill a few years ago. I bought an umbrella that was advertised as standing up to the wind and of course it was pricey but I bought it figuring it would work well or I could get a new one. First big wind came along and totally wrecked it! It wasn't EVEN that big of a wind!

Now the last straw: I bought a clock which promised to "never need adjusting for daylight savings time". After the DST time was changed by the gummit, I asked them to return it based on the fact that instead of having a clock that I never have to change - as advertised - NOW I have a clock that I have to change not once, not twice, but FOUR TIMES PER YEAR !

They said they will not take it back or exchange it! I said, "Well how about at least giving me a credit towards another clock?" NO! NOTHING! NADA! ZIP! And I'm left with a piece of sh-- clock that is a total pain the ### twice a year instead of being "care free"!

I may just mail it back to them with a big note that says "F--- YOU!" I am also writing a letter to the corporate office about this and encourage everyone else who's been burned by this company to do the same.

Brookstone.comthis is by far the most frustrating and worst online experience I have ever had

I ordered a foot massager via the internet and paid with PyaPal. They charged me two times ($654). After four emails and PayPal’s help, I received $327 back in my account. Three weeks later, I am asking when will the item be delivered. After five emails, the item has been canceled and I will have to order it again. BUT !!! I still do not have my $327 back from them and the foot massager has gone up $100. All this time I thought I was talking to CUSTOMER SERVICE ! I was under the impression that customer service department was to help you and not fan the flames.

Brookstone Customer Service employees are to simply push generic reply buttons and not even try to help with a problem. This is by far the most frustrating and worst online experience I have ever had.

Brookstone.comhorrid customer svc./refund issue

I am a recently Diabled Veteran and needed a shoulder/neck massager so ordered from Brookstone, even after reading some online complaints but thought I'd give benefit of doubt. I also ordered the two year protection plan for $16.00, total of order $122.74. Not even one minute after I submitted order/paid wih debit card, printed recpt., the item showed-up ON SALE by more than $30., but i certainly did not get that price but was a week or so before Father's Day so again, gave benefit of doubt. First item comes and would not even power-up. Called and got RMA, and it was rather easy process and actually rec'vd. replacement probably about same time they got my RMA. Product was NOTHING what it advertised and actually HURT because it has hard plastic nubs for massager so called and again got an RMA, explaining. WEEKS went by, then I was not even able to log-on to their website, as if I had been scrubbed, then read their system was hacked, yet custumercare rep. just said they were getting new computer system. I was assured my refund would be placed back on my card. Another few weeks go by and called and was treated very rudely by two different custumercare people. Was then told they could not give me a refund, a gift card would be issued and only the $16. for protection plan would be placed back on card. I said, NO< NO< NO...informed that there's cunsumer protection laws that dictate you refund in same manner I paid. Week later, I get a refun of $16. on card, waited four days, called again and was told, "unfortunately, we cannot place your refund back on your card, a CHECK will be issued. I said that was totally unacceptable because what's to say i will even be able to cash said check? After a phone call FROM them, was ASSURED that my refund would be placed on a GIFT CARD...as if they never listened to anything I requested as the customer!!! After yet ANOTHER call from them, they assured me that the gift card would be converted/placed back on my debit card. Today, after yet another week, I sent an email inquirey and they came back with "Your check will be sent out in mail!!!" NEVER did they ever acknowledge that I have a COPY of the recp't of what i paid and that I expect the price I paid (no shipping costs), MINUS the $16. protection plan. Another email from them stating if you have a complaint to call their customercare dept., totally ignoring my request of an ack. of what the refund amnt. will be!!! I am filing a BBB and FTC Fraud complaint against them and also letting the whole DV (Disabled Veteran's of America) Org. know to recommend that ALL Veteran's stay CLEAR of their business, since they seem to be in most larger airports, and also will let the VA Regional Offices know. I am so SO GLAD I did NOT purchase a certain foot massager from them at a considerable cost. This has been so stressful and cannot remember when I had such horrid customer svc ANYWHERE in USA!! Anyone have any other agencies I should relay my experience? Peace!

• Na
                      Namnibor Jul 20, 2011

To be completely fair and honest, today I must update my experience with Brookstone aforementioned by my orig. post above. Yesterday, I rec'vd. a call from Brookstone from a very pleasant person that appologized for my evidently horrid experience, informing me that although a refund check HAD been issued and is in mail to me, they would place a stop payment on check and place the remainder of $127. back onto the orig. card I used for purchase, with my authorization, then simply write on envelope 'Return To Sender' when the check arrives. Indeed, today the amount WAS posted onto my card! Now, it's certainly NOT RIGHT to treat your customers in the way in which I experienced, nor would I ever consider shopping with them again in future. It just goes to show if you speak eloquently with the facts without letting your anger and frustration bleed through, you CAN get results. I FULLY believe that last email sent to Brookstone, informing them there's INDEED consumer protection laws that dictate any refund must be made in the same form it was paid to said retailer, otherwise could be grounds for a fraud investigation. ALSO, although I did not go to these lengths until I gave them time to do whatever with my refund; I had promised to inform National DAV (Disabled Veteran's of America), and all Veteran's Advocacy Groups, to include the very VA Regional Offices all over USA, my experience and to advise ALL Veteran's to avoid ever shopping with Brookstone, since they seem to be in upscale malls and larger airports, where I'm sure returning Vets and their families may peruse their stores while awaiting flight. Also promised to file complaint with BBB, and the FTC about questionable practices bordering on fraud. Knowing the tools established that remain to protect we consumers can make a world of difference, as this call from Brookstone came from the CORPORATE office that's in New Hampshire. Hope this helps others quickly resolve issues, if any, in the future. Peace!

Brookstone — massage chair repair

I bought an expesive massage chair in April from the store in the Mall of America in Minneapolis. Baught the...

Brookstoneunfair postage on return

I purchased a Brookstone item on line through Amazon.com and realized it was the wrong item when it was sent to my home. I called the phone number on the back of the packing slip which acts as your receipt and it was the Brookstone's company number. I told the customer service rep I wanted to return the item, and she said that I could return it to a Brookstone store or mail it back to the company. I then drove all the way to the mall and was told that I received incorrect information from the customer service rep and that because it was purchased on Amazon.com, I could not return it to the store. I then called the same number I had gone through before and was told, "that it was very hard to believe, " that the first customer service rep told me that I could return it to the store. She then told me that I would have to mail it and pay the postage which was never mentioned to me the first time. She acted like I was not being truthful and didn't believe that I would be misinformed by the first cutomer service rep. She obviously didn't care to hear me out and so she basically thought I was lying. I only wish she could hear the first conversation which is most likely recorded so that she would owe me a huge apology. If she would have taken a moment and realized that maybe I was owed free postage and that it wasn't my fault for the first customer service rep misinforming me. I will never ever buy a product from Brookstone and will always remember how rude that woman was for accusing me of being untruthful. Wow she needs to get a new job and Brookstone needs to hire better customer service reps.

LuMan Jun 03, 2011

Why do people think its okay to but FROM Amazon and return it TO Brookstone? Its not. If you buy from Amazon you have to go back Through Amazon.. Please next time buy directly from Brookstone in store or on their own website. This was amazons fault.

Brookstone/ Ar Dronepiece of crap

I bought the A R Drone Helicopter for my 13 y/o boy's Christmas present. Over $350!!! It has so many glitches, quirks, problems, and parts that malfunction that I tried to return it. Brookstone will not return it because 'that's the deal they have with the company'. The company won't do anything because, 'We didn't take any money, so we don't return money." It's a piece of crap that doesn't work and that was my son's big (only) present! Further, the 'agreement' states that the *buyer* is responsible for any shipping charges for repairs! Total rip off, Don't shop at Brookstone!

LuMan Jun 03, 2011

Read the return policy before you buy!! wow... be responsible. Besides, this is Parrot's (the manufacturer) fault. Not Brookstone. Shop at Brookstone! it's a great store!

Brookstonecustomer service

I purchased a Uastro Massage Chair by OSIM from Brookstone as a Christmas present for my mother December 2010. I paid over $3, 000.00 for chair and 2 years extended warranty. This chair is supposed to do it all... recline to zero gravity and give several different styles of full body massages. The chair was delivered and set up by a Brookstone. 2 days later the right arm of the chair stops working. It takes over 2 weeks of talking to Brookstone several times a week to get someone to come and repair the chair. The chair works fine until 2/17/11 and then stops working completely. Again, we contact Brookstone and report that the chair will not do anything. It is now 3/07/11, and the chair has not been fixed! We contact Brookstone daily and are told that the work order for repair has been approved and someone will call us to schedule the repair within 2 days. Upon waiting the 2 days and not receiving any calls, we call Brookstone and are told the same thing. This has been going on for almost an entire month!... and I was stupid enough to even purchase the extended warranty! Brookstone refuses to replace the massage chair stating that they will repair it... we keep waiting and nothing happens. We have gotten fed up to the point we told them to come and get the piece of junk and refund our money... Brookstone refuses. This is a $3, 000.00 massage chair that was received at the beginning of January 2011... worked 2 days... broke for 2 weeks... repaired and worked for 2 to 3 weeks... broke again and been broken for a month!... Never, never, never do business with this company!

LuMan Jun 03, 2011

Yes.. im sorry for that. I myself am a Brookstone manager and i agree the Big Ticket item handling is not well done. Its mainly the delivery company who lags it. Its a third party company and all us employees always complain because it makes us look bad. Sometimes it takes a long time to mobilize the techs.. unfortunetly you're one of those unlucky customer. I apologize on behalf :(
                            Hopefully everything turn out good at the end! and trust me, that extend Service Plan WILL come in handy! :)

Brookstone Microbeammicrobeam flashlight

Bought Microbeam flashlight3 pack in 2007. Used two flashlights, and after they failed, switched to third. After six weeks of use, third flashlight malfunctioned. Brookstone refused to exchange. Very unpleasant considering each flashlight individually costs $20 and was useless. Item must cost Brookstone almost nothing, and is tiny to send out. Customer service rep treated me very unpleasantly--the opposite of service.

• Ho
                              HonestJohn Feb 25, 2011

I had dealings with Brookstone over a pop-up booklight with the same results. I had to threaten them before they would consider exchanging the item and even then, their attitude was very defensive. I would never buy from them again or recommend them to anyone. How does a company with this customer service strategy even exist in the marketplace?

Brookstone Walkie Talkiesreturned goods no replacement

When leaving Chicago airport for the UK I went into a brookstone shop at the airport and bought a pair of walkie talkies. When i got home they did not function ie no9 power at all. I called and emailled brookstone and they advised that if i returned the goods to them at my expense they would send me replacement goods. I sent them back and received a cheque from them in us dollars. I called them again and was told they could not issue goods. I queried why this was the case wehn they told me they would send me replacement goods. After a few calls between us they agreed that if i returned the cheque they would send me replacement goods. I asked them to cancel the cheque and they said this cannot be done ?? I posted cheque back 2nd October 2010 by airsure which is signed for post from the UK and now I am advised they have not received it and the UK Post office tell me that the letter has been lost. Brookstone tell me that if they do not get the cheque back that I will not receive any reploacement goods. I have told them can they reissue the cheque then and they tell me no. So I have paid money to them but have no goods and have no refund. The cheque they gave me was in us dollars and not what we had agreed hence i returned this to them. I am out of pocket considerably to them.