Air India / air india flight 84 flight delayed caused missing my connecting flight

My first of two flights with Air India (AI 84 from Goa to Mumbai) was delayed by 3 hours which caused me to miss my connecting flight with Air India. The assistance I received was appalling. At Goa I was told not to worry because Air India is a member of star alliance so when I arrive at Mumbai the staff we put me on the next available flight with a partner airline. My original flight departure from Mumbai would have been at 1:45am and after missing this there were flights available at 7:50am and then another around midday. Upon arrival at Mumbai the Air India staff told us there were no available seats on either of these flights and tried to send us on to another airport (Deli). I checked online and could see that both flights did have seats available. It was simply a lie, and with a lot of stubbornness we managed to get on one of the next flights (which they had told me had no seats). I don't know why they lied about that or treated us this way. We also had to spend an extra 9 hours waiting around in the airports overnight, when asked the airline refused to provide lounge access for this. I felt like no attempt was made to make up for our inconvenience and the staff were overall shockingly unhelpful. As a young woman travelling I was especially appalled my the lack of care.

St