Air Canada / points taken away

British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Like many others I had over 100, 000 points stolen from me by Air Canada due to inactivity on my account. Thank goodness I had redemmed about 250, 000 points about a year before that or I would call it grand larceny.

As you can imagine with 350, 000 I did a bit of travelling over the years and tried to stay loyal to Air Canada to rack up my points. I had a couple of years of relative flight inactivity due to changed job responsibilities which is why I went inactive, but I have been flying again for a year now and avoid Air Canada like the plague but a couple times there was no avoiding it so they got my business grudgingly.

Once in a while I go on-line looking for a class action lawsuit to join which lead me to this post so if anyone else knows of one please let me know (kglennox@shaw.ca).

Air Canada if you read the complaints, I want my points back. I cannot believe your executive team thinks it is a long term winning strategy to rip off your most loyal customers. The more loyal we have been, the more you have been able to take. I cant think of anyone other than Robin Hood who made a good name for themselves by stealing, or perhaps Robin works for you now so you felt justified?

Comments

Un
  28th of Jun, 2010
If you want to sign up for this class action suite you can do so online at:
These thieves must be stopped. I lost 40, 000 points today, and only noticed when expecting to book a trip to Mexico for a family wedding, after years of saving points through business travel. Down with Areoplan!!! I will actively post everyone so you can all get involved also.

Air Canada Logo Air Canada