Air Canada / points taken away

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

Like many others I had over 100, 000 points stolen from me by Air Canada due to inactivity on my account. Thank goodness I had redemmed about 250, 000 points about a year before that or I would call it grand larceny.

As you can imagine with 350, 000 I did a bit of travelling over the years and tried to stay loyal to Air Canada to rack up my points. I had a couple of years of relative flight inactivity due to changed job responsibilities which is why I went inactive, but I have been flying again for a year now and avoid Air Canada like the plague but a couple times there was no avoiding it so they got my business grudgingly.

Once in a while I go on-line looking for a class action lawsuit to join which lead me to this post so if anyone else knows of one please let me know (kglennox@shaw.ca).

Air Canada if you read the complaints, I want my points back. I cannot believe your executive team thinks it is a long term winning strategy to rip off your most loyal customers. The more loyal we have been, the more you have been able to take. I cant think of anyone other than Robin Hood who made a good name for themselves by stealing, or perhaps Robin works for you now so you felt justified?

Comments

• Un
      28th of Jun, 2010

If you want to sign up for this class action suite you can do so online at:
    These thieves must be stopped. I lost 40, 000 points today, and only noticed when expecting to book a trip to Mexico for a family wedding, after years of saving points through business travel. Down with Areoplan!!! I will actively post everyone so you can all get involved also.