Air Canada Aeroplan / fraud and cheating!
Aeroplan's customer service is completely irresponsible. I redeemed 14, 00 points for a $100 gift card that never arrived. It was a Mother's Day gift but it hadn't arrived by July, though it took them about 2 days to take off the points. I followed their complaint procedure.
1) I reported the problem in the logged-in section of the website through a form. Received a form letter saying they couldn't resolve the issue and I had to phone, which I did from my residence in Japan. I got a system that kept me on hold and then a representative quickly transferred me to another system that dropped the connection.
2) Wrote another form complaint about not being able to get through, received the same form letter as above. It was obvious at this point that only machines were "reading" the letters. Waste of my time to write them.
3) Called again long distance form Japan to try to resolve the issue. Quickly told the representative that I and was calling from Japan and not to let the connection drop. She did get me through to a live customer service representative, who told me that she would resolve the issue within a week. But she wanted me to send copies of the emails to another address, attention to her name, right away, which I did.
4) I never received a a refund or even an acknowledgment of the emails. I wrote another letter to her at the same address and received no response. Did this person abscond with my refund, I'm starting to wonder?
I consider it egregious that Aeroplan, an aggressive marketer, sending me WEEKLY junk emails of advertising specials , doesn't actually have to provide a product that you "buy". And they don't have the time to respond to customer complaints, obviously. If anyone has an address for a director or higher-up that I could contact I would be grateful.
In the meantime I recommend that you don't try redeeming through Aeroplan for things other than flights.
More Air Canada Aeroplan Complaints & Reviews
- Aeroplan - expired aeroplan miles without proper notice! 
- Aeroplan - no longer good value 
- Air Canada Aeroplan - cancellation fee amounts to 102%
- Aeroplan - mystery taxes & fees 
- Aeroplan - aeroplan program rules 
- Aeroplan Travel Services - air canada travel
- Aeroplan Travel Services - refund of points
- Aeroplan Travel Services - aeroplan refuses to allow points to be used to upgrade
- Aeroplan Travel Services - aeroplan miles
- Aeroplan Travel Services - flight availability and flight changes