Air Asia / tardiness & uninformative

1 Spain Review updated:

My wife and I went for a short visit to Bankok to visit familly. We were in Singapore at the time so it was just a quick flight over. The way there went smoothly, but the way back we had a 2.5 hour delay. Every half an hour the ground crew would report an extra half hour delay. Why couldn't they just inform the customers how long the total delay would be from the start! I went to the counter to ask wat the delay was to get a gauge of how long it would really take. There one lady told me they were waiting on the engineer (WORRYING!!). The next one told me they were waiting on the captain (THE WHOLE CREW WERE SITTING IN THE LOBBY A COUPLE OF SEATS AWAY FROM US)! Also, the quality of the planes was a bit shocking. They looked like 4th hand planes from an Spanish company! Loose bits, outdated technology, etc.. I really was surprised to see that they advertise themselves on posters saying "We gaurentee to be on time..."! Wat, yeah right! Personally, I shall never travel with Air Asia & EasyJet (thats a whole different story) ever again!

Al

Comments

• Lm
      7th of Aug, 2008

I had similarly bad experiences flying AA and helpdesk. Here's what one should do/not do if you want your complaints to be taken seriously:

a) best to file complaints with organizations that matters to AA. In this case, it would be Skytrax which reviews and rates airlines all over world.

Air Asia were the winners of the Best Low-Cost Airline Asia awarded by Skytrax in 2007. Commenting on the winning title, Tony Fernandes, CEO of AirAsia, said "It gives me great pride to receive this accolade. We are expanding our market, and to be known as one of the best in the Asian region is an astounding success story for a 5 year old company. Credit goes to all our staff. "

No airlines would want to be consistently rated poorly by Skytrax. See link:

b) Send email to Mr Fernandez, CEO himself. Then only the COO and other personnel will sit up and take your complaint seriously. No point sending complaint emails to AA or call the call centre. You'll get standard auto reply, stating they can't attend to all emails.

c) Complaint letters to mainstream papers would not likely be published for "reasons" best known to the papers themselves.

d) buy 1 lot of air asia shares. You can personally air your grievances to the top management / press / shareholders during the AGM Q&A session