Agoda.com / no room we reserved

Thailand Review updated:

We booked for one bungalow in Rayong on 16 July 2011 to check in at the same evening. The hotel voucher was sent to my email confirmed room type and rate as it should be. However, once we arrived the hotel, receptionist went home already and the security guard who lacks of knowledge about Internet at all told us that no room available and only asked for room number that we should have if we booked through hotel directly. The nearby restaurant's staff helped contacting the receptionist. She told that there was no information from agoda.com about our booking and all room occupied already. It was storm and we just stood in the rain discussing this. We tried to contact agoda.com, but all they have is a contact number in UK! Finally, the hotel gave us a room prepared for guest who will arrive next day, but it is not a bangalow as we booked. We filled up contact form in the website, asking for explanation, but it always showed that I put wrong email! So I cannot contact anyone in agoda.com until now. This is unprofessional and lack of responsibility of agoda.com and the hotel itself and we cannot accept this behavior at all. No more booking via agoda.com, expensive and cheating their customer!

Comments

• Mu
      Aug 02, 2011

Hi all,

I'm here again to update the complaint above about the booking with agoda.com.
    After putting the complaint on this board about 2 weeks, we got response email from agoda.com's team. As all should do, they sorry about that incident occured.
    Their response to this mistake was to contact the hotel about this case and investigate the internal department to prevent it not to happen again. I'm appreciate with this as at least, we were informed that they didn't ignore our disappointment, even we are only 2 small people.
    Further, they also offer a discount on our next booking (if we still consider them!). Frankly, I have to tell that I'm not sure that I should take another risk with agoda.com or just blacklist it. However, as they would like to keep us as their client and come out to say sorry, I recalled that no agency wants to upset the client and agoda.com should have learned from this already.
    i'm happy to use agoda.com again as I know that they care for the client and ready to learn from the mistake to improve their operation. That's what I like the most.
    Thank you for your attention.

• He
      Nov 03, 2011

Well I am now in this situation as well. I have booking with agoda and confirmation number and even staying in the hotel now but the hotel says they have no rooms even I am staying in one. So crazy. The hotel says to contact agoda but they do not pick up there phone nor do they have any way to contact them. it is like you said in your first complaint so umprofessional to still not have a way to contact them even they say they have a 24/7 support team it is a lie!!! I think i am not leaving the room. but I need agoda help now. HOW???????????????