Aetna / disability insurance

1 Danbury, CT, United States

I filed for Short Term Disability in February.
W0007 23001
Charles M. Michalak

My claim was initially denied stating that Aetna did not receive paperwork from my Doctor. I know that my Doctor completed the paperwork because I viewed it. I also paid $15 for the office to fax it to Aetna.
I was forced into the appeal process. I was told that a third party Doctor determined that my symptoms were not severe enough to keep me from work. Without getting angry, I know what my symptoms are and that they kept me from performing my work. That is why I went to a Doctor for help. Also, my Medical Providers put me out of work and sent letters to Aetna to dispute their findings.
I am now in the middle of the second appeal. I have worked for UPS for 40 years and rarely used my benefits. The only time I really used them was for my mental health due to my divorce. My Doctor has diagnosed me with symptoms that she states keep me from working. At the last visit, she increased my medication because I was increasingly anxious due to this situation. I have insurance through my benefits. They state that if an illness keeps me from being able to perform my job and effectively, I am covered. My Doctor has prescribed that I be out of work from the beginning, yet now I am feeling worse due to the added stress and not being paid for 5 months. Very dissatisfied, if it matters at all.

Mi