Aetna / Awful customer service

I was talking to Audry a case manager at Aetna today. She was very rude and did not care about my patient. She seemed angry and when I gave clinical information about the patient she made fun of the symptoms and the situation my patient was in. I was about to turn in a apl for Aetna Insurance for myself but I am going to tell my agent to find me some other options! I would recommend that Audry learn more about health care so she will not be so judgmental about patients symptoms. This is private health care information and not something to judge or make sarcastic fun of.

Va

Comments

• Ju
      1st of Feb, 2010

I to spoke with this Audry lady. I have to agree she is the worse customer service person I have every been in contact with. I am angry, that it states something right on the EOB and she reads it to me and then says no we don't do that. What the heck!

25th of Jun, 2010

Whenever there is ANY issue you should 1st call your PLAN SPONSOR'S REPRESENTATIVE.
    You can call your human resources department of the employer the AETNA insurance is through.
    Ask for the insurance benefits specialist & ask them why your employer chose AETNA - explain how
    they may not want to go with AETNA as an option for the next open benefits registration.

The liason may be able to get some action.
    This really freaks out everyone at AETNA because they risk losing the contract ;)