Aetna / Billing

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-238-6279

I was a member of Aetna through H and R Block from March through July of 2008. I received, on October 15, a letter with Aetna letterhead purporting to be a bill for pharmacy purchases billed to Aetna from CVS Pharmacy and Bridgeport Pharmacy.
Here's the problem: I was never a customer of Bridgeport Pharmacy; the CVS purchases were made in August and September, and the pharmacy staff knew I was no longer a member, so they would not have billed Aetna; and, the so-called "invoice" is a bad copy printed on cheap paper: Aetna would never send a legitimate bill that looks like this. I'm not worried about paying the "bill": my concern is that someone has my pharmacy information.

Comments

25th of Jun, 2010

Whenever there is ANY issue you should 1st call your PLAN SPONSOR'S REPRESENTATIVE.
    You can call your human resources department of the employer the AETNA insurance is through.
    Ask for the insurance benefits specialist & ask them why your employer chose AETNA - explain how
    they may not want to go with AETNA as an option for the next open benefits registration.

The liason may be able to get some action.
    This really freaks out everyone at AETNA because they risk losing the contract ;)