Aeroplan / air miles removed without notice

All of my air miles have been removed from my account at Aeroplan because of no recent activity. I was not notified because they did not have my recent addresses. They did have my phone number and city of residence. When I called they said they have no leniency and they don't care if I want to hold this against Air Canada.

So much for having been a loyal customer!

A  14th of Nov, 2007 by
I had the same experience. I tried to log on to the web site and got a message to call customer service. When I called, they informed me that my account had been suspended for inactivity. The nice lady on the other end did rub salt in the wound, by telling me that they trashed enough points for any short haul flight. Three years of inactivity used to get your account suspended; now it is one year! Anyway, I suggested that the new policy perhaps sucked (I used a more polite phase), and the nice lady reminded me that it was a loyalty program. I have never really enjoyed flying on Air Canada, this was just icing on the cake. The new Aeroplan is more like an anti-loyalty program if you ask me.
A  15th of Apr, 2008 by
I retired 3 years ago and like many others I was hoping to use my air miles for a vacation. Yertrday (14 april 2008) I learnt from Aeroplan that my air miles had expired because I did not answer an E-mail sent in 2007 to me. I never received it because they sent it to my work address. They sent me a copy of it to me yesterday. I think this should be totally illegal. The girl had the audacity to tel me that I could buy back the air miles at 1 cent per mile plus taxes! I think the government should step in and correct this situation.
N  15th of Sep, 2015 by
I a having the same problem, my air miles points were eliminated without any notification, only showed 26 points from Esso, why ?
I made trip to Europe with Air Canada flight just 2 years ago, why all points disappeared ??
I have been member since 2001, why this would happen to me as a loyal member ? this is a critical issue and please investigate !

Aeroplan.com Logo Aeroplan.com