Aeroplan / air miles removed without notice

1 Canada Review updated:

All of my air miles have been removed from my account at Aeroplan because of no recent activity. I was not notified because they did not have my recent addresses. They did have my phone number and city of residence. When I called they said they have no leniency and they don't care if I want to hold this against Air Canada.

So much for having been a loyal customer!

• Brendan Kelly's Response, Apr 24, 2017

How can I lodge a complaint with a 350 character limit? And what's with the 'select complaint category' with what seems like a google-plex of choices, none of which are relevant to this issue?

Comments

• De
      14th of Nov, 2007

I had the same experience. I tried to log on to the web site and got a message to call customer service. When I called, they informed me that my account had been suspended for inactivity. The nice lady on the other end did rub salt in the wound, by telling me that they trashed enough points for any short haul flight. Three years of inactivity used to get your account suspended; now it is one year! Anyway, I suggested that the new policy perhaps sucked (I used a more polite phase), and the nice lady reminded me that it was a loyalty program. I have never really enjoyed flying on Air Canada, this was just icing on the cake. The new Aeroplan is more like an anti-loyalty program if you ask me.

• Ar
      15th of Apr, 2008

I retired 3 years ago and like many others I was hoping to use my air miles for a vacation. Yertrday (14 april 2008) I learnt from Aeroplan that my air miles had expired because I did not answer an E-mail sent in 2007 to me. I never received it because they sent it to my work address. They sent me a copy of it to me yesterday. I think this should be totally illegal. The girl had the audacity to tel me that I could buy back the air miles at 1 cent per mile plus taxes! I think the government should step in and correct this situation.

• Ir
      15th of Sep, 2015

I a having the same problem, my air miles points were eliminated without any notification, only showed 26 points from Esso, why ?
    I made trip to Europe with Air Canada flight just 2 years ago, why all points disappeared ??
    I have been member since 2001, why this would happen to me as a loyal member ? this is a critical issue and please investigate !

• Vi
      13th of Aug, 2018
    Aeroplan.com - Air Canada
    Canada

I would like to express my frustration with Aimia not accepting the offer from Air Canada. It was a very fair offer and has disappointed millions of customers. I do not think Aimia truly understands the ramifications of its decision. I do not think I am alone with saying I will leave Aeroplan as soon as possible.
    Victor

• Dm
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Aeroplan.com - Miles previously credited disappearing without trace
    aeroplan.com

I saw Aeroplan miles previously credited - disappearing from my account without trace. When I called them asking for explanations - they told me if they don't see it in the system, that means the miles never got posted, and I should contact the partner for missing miles. When I continued asking for explanations - they simply hang up on me.

10th of Sep, 2018
    Aeroplan.com - Aeroplan bookings
    Aeroplan.Com

I have been an aeroplan member for 20 years and whenever I try and book any ticket I can never find any availability. It's the most mom trusted alliance I have ever made.
    What seems to be the problem
    Mark d'souza

• Tr
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Aeroplan.com - please return my 100,063 aeroplan miles, which you said has already expired August 15,2018

- my Aeroplan number is 543 727 887

- I have not received any mail or email reminding me for expire date

- these Aeroplan miles are paid from my own money

- why did you take away my miles

- I would like to have them back without paying any money

• 33
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Aeroplan Travel Services - Aeroplan website
    Ireland

Attempt to book a hotel and its giving me an error. I called customer service with no resolution. I will bring this to CBC if Im not contacted about this 647-772-8467

28th of Oct, 2018
    Aeroplan Travel Services - 400 500 error page
    Canada

I am trying to book a vacation through their website but I keep getting a consistent 400 500 Error Page. A company this big with this primitive coding is far from being accepted.

• Br
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Aeroplan.com - Customer Service Flight Booking Complaint
    Canada

Call 7:10am, agent mumbles welcome. Tried booking flight online, no go. ... your system works fine! - I am an idiot! Don't like your tone, he denied and continued his banter. What? A $30 online booking charge, your online booking dock is caput, don't fault us! Hung up frustrated, f - bombed the guy. Shameful, me and you! No sunny day! (Abridged)!

• Dj
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Aeroplan.com - Missing Aeroplan Miles
    Chipman
    New Brunswick
    aeroplan.com

Hi,

I have been using Aeroplan since 2007 and been slowing accumulating miles, last time I checked I had almost 15, 000 miles. When I checked my account today I noticed I have a balance which is quite upsetting. Please advise soonest. Thanks.

Victoria