A&E Factory Service / service

Cincinnati, OH, US Review updated:

I am writing about a complaint for A&E factory services in Cincinnati Ohio- Ohio Valley District. First off they came out to fix this same problem when my appliances were still under warranty over a year ago and ceased to correct the problem, the second time around I gave them the benefit of the doubt because we identified it was the actually the washer and not the dryer causing the problem. I called in October about a whirlpool washing machine I needed repaired because it is ripping my clothes and they came out on October 31st and ordered parts and were scheduled to come out after parts arrived on November 9, the one part was damaged and couldn't be fixed, we continued washing our clothes and having a few still ripped waiting on this to be fixed... We received another damaged part and could not have the machine fixed again on our scheduled appointment November 16th. Another part was ordered and we received it on November 30 by emergency delivery and already had an appointment scheduled by the technician on the same day and was advised to contact only if part didn't arrive. At this point my washing machine had not inly ripped a new sweatshirt but it also ripped the entire rubber seal and can no longer be used at all. This forced me to drive 45 minutes to my families house to do 3-4 loads of laundry at a time wasting much time and gas. I received a call from customer service on the 30th saying that I could not keep my existing appt. even though I got my part on time and was re scheduled for the following Monday Dec. 3. On December 3, my 1-5 pm appointment was a no call no show, I called Tuesday about the issue and they apologized and told me I would have to wait an entire week until Monday December 10th to have it fixed again.  I was not happy about the long wait and was given a case number, i heard nothing back from them after that. My appointment was scheduled for 8a-12p I made my plans for my children's school and husbands work for this time slot, only to receive a call saying that they couldn't be there until closer to one. I called customer service and told them it was not acceptable and I needed someone there after three. The representative Paris assured me she routed this call out and notified them of the circumstance. I received a call from a tech saying they were calling about my appointment at 1:20, I then asked if he saw it Was routed for after 3, all the while I had to keep leaving my sons classroom to answer the calls of people who had no idea what was going on. They told me I couldn't be scheduled again until over a week later Tuesday Dec. 18 after i explained this story to 4 different people they finally saw my case # from over a week ago and still said the technician could only come out as early as Friday which is still 4 days too long after everything we have went through. They have 2 customer service lines one of which the reps are all Indian and cannot understand what I am talking and me likewise. I have already paid the company for service and repair on day 1 and it has still not been repaired over a month and half later. The damaged product was not A&E's fault it was the shipping companies but the lack of service and improper communication has caused more harm than good on my part. This has been the worst service I have ever received from a company. They should have more open appointments available or hire more technicians as well as investing in more qualified customer service agents and spruce up their scheduling procedures. I would never recommend them to anyone!

Hl

Comments

• Je
      Apr 08, 2010

I have also had horrible expierences with A&E Factory Service. I have a home warranty and they are the service company who they send out to make the repairs on my appliances. So far they have "fixed" my fridge a number of time as well as my dryer. On the first occasion that my fridge broke I wasn't unhappy with my expierence but as the problem seemed to happen again every few months it started to get old and my level of service got worse. Everytime I call to make an appointment, they give you a 4 hour window. They offer to call before they head to your location so you can tryo to salvage some of those 4 hours shoud you have to leave your house or maybe go to work. Each time, they call right before the end of that 4 hours window and claim that the technician is running late and would it be ok for them to come in another hour or 2. So now have they not only wasted 4 hours of your day waiting on them, they are going to add another 2 hours to that tikme plus the time they are there to repair the item. This last incident with my fridge, they technician came out, when he finally got around to it, and worked on my fridge. Told the person at my house they they were don'e for now, after being there 3 hours, and would have to order parts to finish it later. WHAT?! What did he do for 3 hours before he decided he couldn't fix it? So he ordered the parts to be shipped to my house. I got a call 2 days before my next appointment to see if they parts had arrived yet. No parts. The lady on the phone said theose parts were on back order with to expected arrival date. Super. I am already upset. I come home from work the next day to the parts sitting on my door. Wow, this company knows whats going on. So they call me to confirm this and schedule an appointment for me today between 10-2. So at 1:45 I get a call from them. Su[prise! Your technician is going to be late, can you wait another 2 hours? Well considering I have a household to feed a working fridge is kind of important, so yes I could like to get it fixed considering its been broke for a week now. This is just 1 instance of their horrible service. I have many more expierences that turned out the same wauy that I will not rant about on here. My advice to you, if you have an option to deal with another company, do it. If you are going to buy appliances and they are going to be the company servicing them, I would consider another brand. This company is a joke!

• Aa
      Apr 28, 2010

Dear JessNess14,

We are sorry to hear about the service you have received from the A&E service teams. We strive at completing our service calls in a timely manner and attempt to avoid delays during our service appointments. This has clearly not been done for you when contacting our office and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist in the matter. My name is David and I work for the A&E Solutions team and we want you to know we are here for assistance. At your convenience contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator is listed under and we will contact you at your convenience. In addition please include the screen name used to post here (JessNess14) so we can reference to your case.

David V.
    Senior Case Manager
    A&E Solutions

• Hu
      May 25, 2010

I placed a service call on Saturday, 5/22, was told, A&E Factory Service would be on-site between 1-5 PM CT, Tuesday May 25. I requested an email confirmation - still waiting. I then called on Monday, 5/24 to confirm someone would be at my home on Tuesday 5/25 since I never received email confirmation. After speaking to someone, I was told, the tech would contact me 30 minutes prior to arrival. At 4:40 PM CT, Tuesday 5/25, I called A&E for an ETA...I am still waiting for a call back. What a joke for a service provider. My mistake for not looking at the complaint blog prior to scheduling a service call.

Signed Still Waiting

• Pe
      May 28, 2010

We bought a NUTID side-by-side refrigerator from IKEA in June of last year for a three-season cottage. We had it delivered by IKEA. The deliverymen brought it to us on the wrong kind of truck... with no way to lower the fridge onto the ground. So... when they attempted to take this huge refrigerator out of their truck... they DROPPED IT! IKEA's policy is that - even if damaged - you must accept delivery and then call for a replacement. The deliverymen brought the damaged refrigerator into the kitchen, moved the other fridge out of the way and left. We called IKEA and got a replacement. This time, the IKEA deliverymen used the right type of truck, but when they arrived here, they refused to bring the new fridge into the house. I was recovering from a recent illness and I was not allowed to lift anything or push anything heavy. Thankfully, the IKEA deliverymen made an exception for me when they heard that I was sick. They brought the fridge into the house but - two days later - the computer on the front of the new fridge went.

We called Whirlpool. They sent A&E out to fix the problem. The A&E technician didn't have the part on hand. He had to order the part, I had to call A&E when it arrived and then the repairman came back. He replaced the part... the computer in the front panel that allowed us to get water and ice and to control the temperature. One week later, the new computer died! But this time, we also lost everything inside the refrigerator... in the freezer and in the fridge... hamburgers, chicken, frozen veggies, fruit, fresh veggies... everything! I had to call A&E again, wait for them to come here, he had to order another part, then come back and install it. We scheduled the appointment for a Friday morning from 12 to 4. But I had an appointment earlier that day. I arrived back at the cottage at 11:45 for my 12:00 appointment with A&E only to learn that the A&E repairman came here early! I missed him by 2 minutes. I actually got back in my car and drove around my neighborhood looking for him. I then called A&E, who called the repairman, who then refused to come back - even though his appointment with me was at 12:00 and it wasn't even 12:00 yet when A&E's receptionist called the guy.

We went for about three weeks with no fridge and no freezer. We had to schedule yet another appointment for a few weeks out. When the repairman came back again, he discovered that we still needed yet another part - which was out of stock - again. At least he was able to get the fridge and freezer working. But by the time the computer part came in, we had already left this three-season cottage for the winter! I had to keep driving back here to check to see if the part arrived. Then I had to hold onto the part until this spring and call Whirlpool to schedule another appointment. A&E is coming here on June 4. We have had this fridge for almost one year, our warranty is over on June 13th and we've only had a working computer for - at the most - two weeks! I just asked the Whirlpool customer support rep for a claim form for all the food we lost. She said our warranty doesn't cover food loss! My review: A&E sucks, Whirlpool sucks and IKEA sucks.

• Ml
      Dec 08, 2010

This complaint could be about lots of companies as it started with a brand new 30 day old refrigerator purchased at Lowes, who washed thier hands of it as soon as we left the building. Less than 1 month later it made a funny noise, they refered us to A&E who is the repair vendor for Samsung under the manufacturers warranty. They came out and took everything apart and said nothing was wrong. That was the day before we left town for Thanksgiving. That morning we woke up and realized the refrigerator WAS indeed broken. In fact it was out and all of our food spoiled. There was nothing we could do for five days. It stayed 54 degrees inside of the unit until we got back. Have you ever seen egg nog at 54 degrees after five days? Gross. We called them back immediately and they had someone come out and WHOOPS they goofed, there was something wrong. The air wasnt cirulating in the unit. They took everything apart and said the parts they needed would be overnighted to our house and we would be put at the top of the repair list as this was deemed an emergency. Mind you our old unit was hauled off when the new one was delivered. By Saturday, the part still hadnt arrived so I called them back. The rep said the repair man should not have told us the parts would be overnighted because they were not in stock and had to be ordered and would arrive the following week. Apparently no one communicates internally or they have bad records. The part arrived the following Monday and has been sitting on my kitchen table ever since. It is now Wednesday. They were scheduled to come out today between 9am-1pm. I was assured that we would be top priority because this is going on week 2. At 10:30am the tech called my husband, who took off work...again for them to tell him he was running late. Fine. By 12:45 my husband called and they informed him there was no longer a tech on this route. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? If we hadnt done the work to track them down, they would have never shown up and we would be out another day!!! Great customer service. So my husband who has been very patient through this demanded to speak to the highest person possible. Do you know what the nerve this individual had to say to my husband, who has now taken off 2 days of work and who has been without a refrigerator for 2 weeks AND lost over $500 in groceries???? He told my husband he would have to call back after lunch because he was about to go into overtime. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???!!! So we are still without repairs, no re-schedule, no communication and after all this just the promise of a call "sometime after lunch". I am so infuriated that Samsung would allow such a company to provide thier customers with such service. I plan to go to them next. Do you know how hard it is to feed a family without a refrigerator? NOT to mention expensive????? I am just beside myself with anger and frustration because they are speaking out of both sides of the mouth, yet not doing anything. IF THIS IS EMERGENCY SERVICE, I WOULD HATE TO SEE WHAT REGULAR SERVICE IS LIKE!!!

• Ne
      Dec 10, 2010

I have almost an identical story with Samsung dishwasher. My nightmare only started today, what are chances I will have a dishwasher for Christmas:( I can tell you it is totally unacceptable to wait a week and half for an appointment to fix a product that is less then 30 days old. Then being told they come out with no parts because parts are too expensive to stock and must be ordered another two weeks... Who is extending the warranty is what I want to know. Callling Samsung gets no results only refers you back to them. I asked Samsung while supper duper can't fix anything repairman was here and asked parts to be aired in. They informed me company had to request it. Repair guy said they (A&E) will not do it.

I am thinking of taking the whole issue up with my states Attorney General

• Ne
      Dec 10, 2010

I have almost an identical story with Samsung dishwasher. My nightmare only started today, what are chances I will have a dishwasher for Christmas:( I can tell you it is totally unacceptable to wait a week and half for an appointment to fix a product that is less then 30 days old. Then being told they come out with no parts because parts are too expensive to stock and must be ordered another two weeks... Who is extending the warranty? This is what I want to know. Calling Samsung gets no results only refers you back to them. I asked Samsung while super duper can't fix anything repairman was here and asked parts to be aired in. They informed me company had to request it. Repair guy said they (A&E) will not do it.

I am thinking of taking the whole issue up with my states Attorney General

• Ti
      Jul 27, 2012

Called for service to Sears and service appointment set up through A&E Factory Services. . . .Tech from A&E arrived yesterday to fix an ice maker not working. . . .come to find out only needed to replace the filter, easy, right? We replaced the filter as instructed and now the freezer is not freezing, ice maker not working and refrigerator is getting warm. Called back to A&E for another Tech to come out today as we now have a worse issue. . . . appointment set for NEXT week; why should I be penalized and wait a week before a Tech can come out. So I will lose all foods in refrigerator/freezer. . . .This service is totally unacceptable. My next complaint will also be directly with Sears as they are partners with A&E. . . . .

•   Jul 27, 2012

Try googling the issues for fixits.

• Wp
      Dec 14, 2012

Hello Hlj1008. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (Hlj1008), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.[protected]@whirlpool.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Ob
      Nov 26, 2014

YOU FAILED TO MAINTAIN YOUR FILTER. CAUSING REDUCED WATER PRESSURE ULTMATELY CLOGGING INLET TUBE TO ICEMAKER. TECH INSTRUCTS YOU CHANGE FILTER BECAUSE LACK OF PRESSURE. (YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SERVICE CALL $212.00 HE ALLOWS YOU TO SIDE ON PAYMENT CHARGES WP.) TECH DIDNT NOTICE FILL TUBE BLOCKED (ALSO YOUR FAULT B/C LACK OF PRESSURE). AFTER CHANGING FILTER TUBE REMAINS BLOCKED AND NO ICE. YOU ADD THE SUDDEN RISE IN TEMPS FOR SENSATIONALISM OF YOUR CLAIM "VERY COMMON". TECH GETS RECALL AND YOU BLAM EVERY ELSE..READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND FOLLOW IT AND AVOID A & E ALL TOGETHER. A FRIDGE IS A MACHINE AND MUST BE MAINTAINED. I WOULD ALSO BE WILLING TO BET YOUR SUPPLY LINE IS TO SMALL, FURTHER REDUCING WATER PRESSURE. GUESS YOU HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE TO BLAME. READ YOUR MANUAL AVOID SERVICE CALLS HUH MAKES SENSE RIGHT. THESE MODERN UNITS HAVE HIGER FILTRATION AND FILTERS MUST BE CHANGED, OR BY-PASSED (MAY AS WELL BY-PASS BECAUSE YOU WILL SOON FORGET TO CHANGE FILTER AGAIN AND PROCESS WILL REPEAT); HOPEFULLY UNIT OUT OF WARRENTY AT THIS TIME.