A&E Factory Service Logo

A&E Factory Service

Having problems with A&E Factory Service?

A&E Factory Service reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 28, 2006. The latest review Appliance repair was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint overcharged, bad customer service was resolved on Nov 03, 2014. A&E Factory Service has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 220 reviews. A&E Factory Service has resolved 93 complaints.

A&E Factory Service Customer Service Contacts

1560 Cable Ranch Rd, Bldg A
San Antonio, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with A&E Factory Service Customer Service. Initial A&E Factory Service complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for A&E Factory Service above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about A&E Factory Service. Discuss the issues you have had with A&E Factory Service and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

A&E Factory Service Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

A & E Factory Serviceno show/poor costumer service

My washer was supposed to be fixed by A & E Factory service on sat between 1 and 5pm. My husband and I were both all day. At 2:00 I went out to check our mail and there was a post it on our door saying "sorry we missed you, we were here at 1:52" Well I think the service man must have had weekend plans and trying to get home early b/c our kids were napping, quite house and we have two dogs that bark. So there was no way we would have not heard a knock on the door or the doorbell. I immediately called the company and explained what happened. They told me he should have called before he came anyways (which he did not). They assured me that he would still come that day. At 4:45 I called the company back to see why we still had not received a call and no one had shown up yet. They told me the service guy was finishing up his job and ours was next and that I should get a call from him soon. No call, no one showed up. I called back at 6:30 and was told that they could not get a hold of him and that they dont know why he did not come, that they could see he closed his previous job and that he was supposed to have gone to my place after that. The worst part is that they would not send someone out the next business day. I have to wait until Wednesday. When I asked to speak with the manager, he also could not help me and told me that it is just my work against his technician's word. Needless to say, I have a different company coming out to fix it. I would never use this company, never recommend them to anyone.

RESOLVED

• A&E Factory Service's response · Jun 03, 2016

Hello D B Clark!

We thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. We apologize for the manner in which your wall oven has been handled. We know you’ve been let down, but we would like to help get this straightened out. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (D B Clark), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] and we will be in touch to address this further. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Liz R.
      A&E Solutions Teams
      A&E Cares

• Db
      D B Clark Jun 03, 2016

simple touch screen repair on bosch wall oven scheduled service repair Dec 17th, wait all day and get cancellation at end of day with reschedule for Dec 21st (Saturday). Repair man shows well late after time block. Tries to order part, but needs authorization. Tells me he will order on Monday. New appointment for January 2nd to install ordered part. Repair man shows late outside of appointment time with no parts. Says notes say other guy didn't order part and refuses to give me number to call warranty company.
      He orders part, which I tell him is different than what previous guy tried to order, but orders anyway. I call local A & E office to talk to supervisor, who lies about his name and that he will call me back after interviewing his technician. Never called back.
      Next repair man comes by on January 15th to see wrong part ordered and orders correct part for, now Jan 23rd appointment to install. Tells me to keep the wrong part on hand (Stainless trim piece costing $304 to insurance company) in case I want to replace after scratch down the road. (Fraud)
      I report issues to A & E national and they don't care. I get the number of extended warranty company and report all, including parts fraud and switch service to another company. I call A & E on Jan 21 to cancel the Jan 23 appointment and he tells me OK we are canceling your Jan 20th appointment. I tell him the 20th was yesterday and no one came by the 20th. He sounds confused and says maybe appointment was for next January 20th. Wow
      summary: 1) No show 2) Late show with no part ordered 3) Late show with no repair 4) Late show with wrong part and no repair and hide wrong part

• Sh
      Shell_Shocked Jun 03, 2016

I wanted to share my experience with A& E Factory Service.
      I bought a Maytag front loading washer and dryer set from Lowes along with the service contract. About 3 weeks ago the dryer started making a loud screeching noise while it was running. I called the Lowes product protection plan department and they set up an appointment right away for the dryer to be looked at/repaired. The appointment was made with A&E Factory Service on a Saturday between 1-5pm. I had an appointment earlier that day so I asked that the technician put our appointment closer to the end time (5pm) if at all possible. The technician called on Saturday (the 16th I believe) to let us know he was on the way, we met him at the house and he fixed the dryer (he said that one of the bearings or pulleys was low on grease, he re-greased it and it worked fine). About 7 or 8 days later we had the same problem again. I called Lowes, they apologized for the dryer not being fixed and set up another appointment, again with A&E Factory Service, for 11/27/13 between 1-5pm. I once again asked that there be a note put in asking the tech to make our appointment as late as possible. On the 27th, I received a phone call at 1:45pm from the dispatch center saying that the tech was on his way. Once I realized what time it was I called A&E back to say that someone was on their way to the house and asked that if the tech got there first could he wait for a moment or two. The dispatch lady said the tech would not wait and we would have to reschedule if no one was there when the tech arrived. I told the lady that this was the 2nd time a tech was coming out to the house because the problem wasn’t fixed correctly the first time they sent a tech out and that they needed to wait to make it right. Again, the woman said that the tech wouldn’t wait. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the lady stated that she didn’t have a supervisor, knowing that this was BS I then demanded to speak to a supervisor. The woman then restated that she didn’t have a supervisor, said have a nice day and hung up on me. I called the service center back and immediately asked for a supervisor. Instead, I was on hold for well over 10 minutes without ever getting to speak to a supervisor.
      Luckily the technician showed up a few minutes after my wife got home. He proceeded to inspect the dryer and said that he knew what the problem was and this time he would use a heavy duty grease to grease all the bearings and pulleys in an effort to fix the problem. Apparently the first tech used a common 2nd rate grease and only greased 1 of the 3 possible things that was making the noise. After he had completed his task he ran the dryer and it seemed to run without a hitch. My wife told him about the rude woman on the phone and he apologized many times and said he would pass the complaint up the chain of command. I was satisfied, the dryer seemed to be fixed and the technician put my mind at ease about the rude customer service agent. All seemed to be well until 2hrs later my son was taking clothes from the washer and putting them into the dryer when he called me in to show me some wiring that was not hooked up and hanging down inside the drum. I couldn’t believe that once again my dryer still wasn’t fixed properly. I called A&E once again and explained the situation and the customer service agent said that he would schedule an appointment for them to come back out, but it wouldn’t be for another two days. I told him that this was unacceptable and he needed to have the tech come back out, same day, and fix his mistake. The CSR chuckled and said “that’s not going to happen.” So once again, I demanded to speak with a supervisor and after 5 minutes of being on hold I was connected. I explained the situation again, the supervisor called the local dispatch office in an attempt to get a tech to come back out but all of the techs were gone for the day. The supervisor stated that it would; in fact, be another two days before someone could come back out to service the dryer. I accepted another appointment, but by the time the tech called me two days later to say he was on his way (it was the same tech that left the wires out) I had already taken the dryer apart and reconnected the wiring and put the dryer back together myself. I guess I should have just fixed my own dryer in the first place.
      If I EVER need service again, I WILL NOT LET AN A&E TECH IN MY HOUSE. I am amazed this company is allowed to have the word service in their names, this is one of the worst companies that I have ever had the non pleasure of dealing with. BUYER BEWARE!

• SearsCare Feb 13, 2013

tahaney
      Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the manner in which your repair has been handled. This is certainly something to be concerned about. We know you’ve been let down, but we would like to help get this straightened out. Please send us an email to [email protected] containing your contact information (preferably a phone number).
      Liz R.
      A&E Solutions Teams

• Ta
      tahaney Feb 06, 2013

We had A&E here on 7 different occassions last summer trying to get them to fix my refrigerator. Once a technicial actually used a part for another brand refrigerator and then couldnt understand why it didnt work. We finally bought another one. During one of these visits the technician busted some molding in my living room which costs a couple hundred dollars to fix. He tried to use cheap wood which busted within a couple weeks and when I started calling 6 months ago I was assured it would be fixed properly. Here we are 6 moths later and all I get to do is leave voicemails and send emails with no return call or time they will come. This company is awful and does not do anything they advertise they will. I am surprised sears has their name tied to theirs, I guess they dont care about how this makes them look.

A&E Factory Servicebroke my fridge & damaged my floor

I know this is a long story but please read it if you don't wanna get burnt!

1 month ago I received a letter in the mail from maytag stating there was a recall for the relay switch for the compressor on my side by side refrigerator/freezer. They said there was a possibility that the relay switch could overheat and cause a fire so I immediately called the maytag recall line and they scheduled an appointment for the following week for a&e factory service to come out and replace the compressor’s relay switch. The repairman came saturday afternoon may 30th and replaced the recalled relay switch. He then plugged the fridge back into the wall outlet and he pushed the fridge back into it’s enclosure. The next morning [sunday-05/31] there was a puddle of water in the front of the fridge. So, the first thing I thought was maybe when he pushed the fridge back against the wall the water line that connects to the ice maker may have come loose and was leaking? I pulled the fridge out from it’s enclosure but I didn't see any water leaking from the water line. So, being I had to work that morning and was in a rush to get to work I really didn't have time to do any further investigating so I just mopped up the water and as a precaution. I then went in the basement and turned off the valve to the fridge's water line as a precautionary measure. When I got home from work that afternoon there was another small puddle of water in front of my fridge and this time I could see it was coming from the opening on the front of the freezer door where the ice gets dispersed and also from the bottom of the freezer door. When I opened the freezer door almost everything in the freezer was completely defrosted and more water came out. Most of the water that I was seeing on my floor was from all the ice that had melted in the ice bin and from the frozen food that thawed out. Then I opened the fridge door and right away it smelled and it was warm inside. Then I noticed the compressor was constantly clicking off and on. This is when I knew something went wrong with the recall replacement so I unplugged the fridge from the wall outlet and called the maytag recall hotline but was told there was nothing they could do for me at that time being it was sunday and their service department didn’t open until monday morning. So that sunday evening I went to wal-mart to purchase a small chest freezer being I still had a lot of meat [thick roasts etc] that didn't fully defrost and were still salvageable. In the meantime I grabbed 2 beach coolers from the garage and filled them with ice to keep my other food [milk, eggs etc] cool. Anyway, monday morning [06/01] came around and I called maytag and they said they would send a&e back out to my house on thursday 06/04. The a&e tech arrived on 06/04 and he removed the new relay switch and advised that the tech who came out before him to replace the recalled relay switch hooked up the wires backwards. He then reversed the wires on the relay switch and plugged the fridge into the wall outlet but the compressor was still clicking off and on. Then he hooked up an amp meter and the compressor was drawing 10.8 amps. He said a normal working compressor draws between 1.9 & 2.0 amps. However, he said the compressor may be in shock due to the amount of times it was going off and on so he let the fridge run for a about 30 minutes to see if the compressor would stabilize but it didn’t. Then he put his fingers on the compressor and it was so hot that he jumped 3 feet in the air and wound up burning his index and middle fingers so he immediately unplugged the fridge. Once again he admitted that the prior a&e tech that replaced the recalled relay switch on 05/30 had put the wires on backwards and that in turn fried the compressor. Then he tells me that he hopes that it didn’t leak oil into the system and clog the entire system because if that happened I might as well throw away the fridge and buy a new one because it’s a totally sealed system and there’s no way for them to repair that. I told him I hope that’s not the case. He said he hoped not either. Anyway, he then told me that most likely that’s not the case and that the compressor is probably bad but they don't stock my compressor so it would have to be special ordered and it was going to be a few days before I received it. In the meantime now I went out and purchased a small hotel type fridge because the 2 beach coolers with ice wasn’t working very well because it just wasn’t keeping the food cool enough plus it was costing me $6 a day for ice and it was becoming a real pain to have to remove the food, drain the coolers, replace the ice & food on a nightly basis. Anyway, the newly ordered compressor arrived on monday 06/08 so a&e scheduled an appointment for friday 06/12 to install the new compressor. On 06/12 a different a&e tech arrived that friday morning. He uninstalled the old compressor and installed the new one. Just as he was getting ready to solder the copper lines to the new compressor he realized that it wasn't the right compressor and he said he will have to order the correct compressor. Now i’m starting to get annoyed because it’s been roughly 2 weeks and they still haven’t fixed my fridge so that friday evening I called a&e and escalated the issue to their 3rd party solutions team. I spoke with someone named eloy and he tells me that a supervisor will call me back either monday or tuesday. Well, monday & tuesday came and went with no calls from a&e so I called them back that wednesday and spoke with valerie and was basically told there was nothing she could do for me and that all she could do was email her supervisor telling them to call me. I told her I already did that 5 days ago and I never received any call. She said this was the best she could do for me at this time. Now i’m starting to get frustrated and feel like i’m being stalled so I called up maytag and spoke with someone named jason and once again I had to explain the entire story to him. He tells me that he’s fully documented what i’ve told him and he has opened up a service request ticket and that he is going to escalate the issue and he would like me to call maytag back after a&e installs the new compressor. Anyway, the new compressor arrived on monday 06/15 however one of the legs on it was bent indicating that it may have been possibly dropped so I called a&e and they said they would order me another one just in case it was in fact damaged. The other new compressor arrived on wednesday 06/17 and it was visibly in good shape. Now I had 2 new compressors sitting in my kitchen. I called a&e to and they setup another appointment for friday 06/19. The same a&e tech that was at my house on 06/12 was back again. He installed the new compressor and filled it with refrigerant/freon but this one was also clicking off and on. He also had pressure gauges hooked up and he said that the pressure in the compressor wasn’t stabilizing. He told me that he thinks they sent a bad compressor so he vacuumed out all the refrigerant/freon and then uninstalled the compressor. Then he took the other new compressor that had the bent leg and he straightens out the leg and he installed it but this time before he soldered all the copper connectors/tubing and filled it with freon he hooked up the relay switch to the compressor and pluggd the fridge into the wall outlet and this time it sounded like it was gonna work so he proceeded to solder all the copper connections and fill it with refrigerant/freon but the same thing was happening. The compressor was clicking off and on and the pressure in the compressor wasn’t stabilizing. He said that there’s no way all these new compressors are bad and now he’s 99.9% sure that oil has gotten into the system and clogged it up. He said the oil probably leaked into the system the day the recalled relay switch was replaced incorrectly on 05/30 and the fridge was left to run overnight with the fried compressor in it. So, basically what he was telling me was that my fridge was ruined. Up until this point I was extremely nice and courteous but now i’m really pissed off because this was something that was caused by their negligence. Anyway, the a&e tech packs up all his stuff, apologizes to me and then leaves. But to make this nightmare even worse after I pushed the fridge back into it’s enclosure I noticed that there were burn marks all over my linoleum floor where the a&e tech was soldering the copper tubing to the compressor. The hot solder had dripped and put burn marks in my linoleum floor. So, not only did they damage and ruin my refrigerator but they also damaged my floor. So now I call up a&e’s 3rd party solution team again and once again I get the lovely and supportive valerie and once again I have to explain the entire situation to her. She turns around and tells me that they’re not at fault because this was maytag’s recall not theirs so I will have to call maytag on this issue. I told her how could she say this wasn’t their fault when one of her tech’s was negligent. She turns around and tells me that it sounds like i’m looking for some monetary compensation and if that’s the case then i’m not gonna get anything from them because they aren’t responsible. By now smoke is starting to rise from the top of my head. I asked her what about the damage that was done to my floor? She tells me she will have someone come out to my house next friday 06/27 to take pictures of the damage so they can file a claim. Now I call maytag and they’re basically telling me the same thing a&e was telling me. I spoke with someone named david and he was of no help so I asked him if I could speak to his manager and at first he refused telling me that there was nothing a manager can tell me that he hasn’t already told me. He said they are not responsible for the fridge being it was a&e who broke it and that I should be contacting them. Can you believe this? Neither company wants to take any responsibility. This is insane. So now i’m starting to lose it so he puts me on hold for like 15 minutes and finally his manager evelyn comes on the phone and once again I have to explain the entire situation to her and she said there’s only 2 things she can do. Either send a&e back out to reevaluate the situation or give me a pro-rated discount towards another model that’s equal to my model. She said the model that was equal to mine costs $1400 but they would give it to me for $1, 000. I told her why should I have to spend a thousand dollars of my money when this was caused by a combination of their recall and a&e’s negligence. I told her that a&e has already been to my house 3-4 times and now they are telling me that they are 99.9% sure the fridge is ruined so why bother sending them out again? She said these were my only 2 options take it or leave it! Can you believe this crap? Here it is they put the recall out and they contracted a&e for the recall and a&e winds up ruining my refrigerator and now after all this aggravation maytag wants me to spend a thousand dollars of my hard earned money on another maytag refrigerator? Are they insane? I told her that if these are my only options then send a&e back out to reevaluate the situation because I am not going to ever buy another maytag, whirlpool or any other appliances that they’re affiliated with. I told her i’d rather spend more money and buy a different brand rather than give them $1, 000. I’ll have to see what happens by next friday but if a&e can’t fix it then i’m going to have to buy a new fridge. To be honest, what they did almost sounds like it’s illegal?

• Lo
        lolobelove Aug 23, 2009

You say the Sr. Repairman fixed your fridge. How? I thought the 2nd guy who came out and tested the 2 new compressors was telling you that oil got in your system and it was unrepairable because that part of the unit is sealed off and cannot be serviced.
        How's your fridge running now? Do you think this may have been a temp fix or just a bandaid to tide you over a couple of months and then when your fridge goes out again, it won't be their fault?
        Just curious. You went thru so much and so many inexperienced servicemen. How is it that you finally got someone who knew what he was doing and what did he have to do to get your fridge back in working order? By the way, any idea how much a new compressor costs? Ballpark is fine...

• Aa
        A&E & Maytag Sucks Jun 24, 2009

I think I may have jumped the gun on this because the day after I wrote this complaint I received a call from the A&E senior tech manager stating they were going to take full responsibility for my fridge and damaged floor. They sent a senior repairman out to my house that same day and he was able to fix my fridge and he also took pictures of my damaged floor and the A&E Senior Tech Manager assured me that my floor was going to be taken care of as well. They also advised they would reimburse me for the freezer I had to purchase in order to save most of my meat and frozen food. I'm still waiting to be compensated for the freezer and my floor but I have to say that this is a very pleasant response from A&E. For them to take full responsibility tells me that they're on the up and up. More updates will follow after I get compensated for my freezer and damaged floor. Stay Tuned!

A&E Factory Serviceswhirlpool duet washer

Do not hire A&E Factory Service for your Appliance Repair;

I had the worst time with having there employes come to try to fix my Whirlpool
      washing Mach front loader duet, which is just one year old we started having
      problems with it after We started getting temps down in the 30's and lower in
      mid Jan-Feb,
      I called Whirlpool who informed me that I have to cover the washing mach it can
      not handle anything colder, so I did but after that we started having the the
      washer not come on unless it was up to at least 70 degrees and after that the
      power button not at all and only when it wants to, it seems.

I started to wonder if we had gotten a lemon.

I finely got to calling Whirlpool a week before our warntany ended, and they
      told me that A&E Factory Service would send out someone after I called and made
      a apointment, so I called them .. at this point I'm down with a head cold and
      chest cold, I asked when they would send someone out they told me it would be
      from 8am to 5pm I told them I was sick and I needed to beable to sleep in the
      afternoon after not getting much sleep the night before there Custmer service
      person I talked to would not give me a time. just that the man would be out
      between 8am and 5pm so I put Dog the Bounty Hunter on real low .. and naped
      sitting up in my husbands winged back chair and woke up every half-hour untill
      my husband got home one hour before the guy showed up, wouldn't you know it he
      showed up at 5pm ...

Anyhow I stayed up and watched what he did the first guy that they sent out ..
      was a nice person but then he bent the washers hing and put in the wrong part
      than whirlpool told him too, he went with what he felt was the right part, and
      after he left the power button refused to come on, so Called A&E back .. they
      made another apointment for me two days later not the next day and I was not
      going to get the same person as had been here.

Okay so then another 8am to 12 noon time this time,
      I can handle that but with a chest cold nothings good, anyhow this second guy
      seemed to know a lot more than the first did and ordered a new hing that the
      first guy had messed up and a power core, then I had to call to make another
      appointment with another guy to put the parts in once I receved them, I got them
      that next day and they told me they could not get anyone that evening being it
      was just after 4pm so I said fine so again 8am to 12 noon, and I call this last
      guy "The Kid" he felt that the first guy had put in a part that had been sitting
      around in the truck for a while and was not making connection with the other
      part as well as he was ordering the first part as well as the one right next to
      it he did put in the power pak but refused to put on the new door hing and left
      the ring around the door and the diel area lose as well as did not put the
      screws back in the top .. I can tell you I was not happy about that we get a lot
      of dust from the main street we are near in the house... and he told me he would
      make sure that he was the one that would come back because I told him I was
      tired of different people coming all the time he told me he would take care of
      it .. but a day later on the way home from shopping I got a automated call from
      "A&E Factory Service" for me to make a new appointment for a service call ..
      that was enough this had been going on now for about 2 weeks so I called
      whirlpool Service and they transfered me to someone a bit higher up I told them
      the whole story and... they did get a better company to come out and they did
      end up ordering the same two parts that the last guy had but I have not ever had
      so much problems with a company to be so uncaring about people for service I was
      told that A&E Factory Service is really Sears.. I do not know if this is true
      but whatever you do .. don't Hire them ... all I can say is .. "Thank God that
      we were still under waranty.. or this would have cost us a lot of money .. all I
      can see this company doing is keep finding falt with things so they can get paid
      by Whirlpool ... all I want is to be able to wash my familys clothes .. and
      being sick at the sametime this has been going on has not been fun at all ...
      all I can tell you is do not hire them ... P.S. Please forgive any misspelled
      words.

A&E Factory Serviceinexperienced technician

Our new refridgerator stopped going into the defrost mode. Like others, we had to wait for the part. Finally the tech arrived to install the part. A few days later we noticed things weren't keeping cold in the fridge, the freezer was working fine. Today when I poured a glass of sour milk I decided to take a look myself. I know how to use a nutdriver ;^) I took off the cover in the back of the freezer and just as I suspected, the vent tube that lets cold air to the lower part of the fridge was blocked. The tech replaced the foam insert incorrectly and it blocked the flow. Now if that's their way of getting another service call charge from Whirlpool or just plain inexperienced stupidity, I don't know for sure. A&E owes me for a gallon of milk. And they can also pay ME for the service call.

A & E Factory Servicesfailure to keep scheduled appointment

I had a scheduled appointment for a check of refrigerator which is subject to recall for 8-12 noon, 5/22/09; at 10:05 a.m., I received a call reporting the service man would be unable to make it, and would not be able to get here until 3 P.m. on the date, 5/22/09. He has not shown up or called and it is now 3:30 p.m. I have spent my entire day now waiting on someone, to no avail.

A & E Factory Servicedis not show up for 2 appts. for maytag recall

I have a Maytag refrigerator which is a subject for a recall because of a faulty part which can cause a fire. I made two appointments this past week for a time frame of 1:00 to 5:00. They did not show up for either one despite calls from me. Today, Friday, April 10, they gave the appointment to a serviceperson who did not do refrigerators. He did not come here but called to say he was not qualified to do the repair. Sears called me and said they were not coming and said they were affiliated with A & E. I called again to A & E, and they said they were not coming today 4/10. So I made another appointment for next week, and hope they will come. I am not hopeful that they will keep this appointment either. My name is Mary Ann Del Guercio, and I live in Manalapan, NJ. My phone number is [protected]

andreazab Aug 03, 2010

This is by far the WORST company to deal with and considering Maytag authorizes them its even more of a joke. I have been dealing with them for 4 weeks now on a top loading PIECE OF CRAP MAYTAG washer which I will never EVER own again. The keep bringing broken parts or the wrong part. They have now ordered a new motor and clutch, basically everything will be replaced when we are done.
                THEY NEVER COME WHEN PROMISED THEIR SERVICE IS TERRIBLE!! They are the most incompetent people you can deal with, I hope there is a good attorney out there who would love to file a class action lawsuit you'd have millions of complaints. THE WORST COMPANY! DO NOT EVER BUY A WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY YOU WILL BE SORRY!!
                And MAYTAG YOU ARE A JOKE FOR EVEN ALLOWING THESE PEOPLE TO REPRESENT YOU!

• Fr
                Frsutrated consumer May 19, 2009

THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST A & E FACTORY SERVICES!!!

We purchased a Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer from Lowes. Along with that, we purchased the Extended Protection Program IN GOOD FAITH, that should we ever need repairs they would be done and done in a timely manner. NO SUCH LUCK!

Our initial call was to Lowe's on April 30, 2009. We were given A & E's number and told to contact them as they were the contracted repair company. We called and got an appointment for May 5, 2009 between the hours of 12pm and 5pm.

After rearranging my schedule so that I could be home for the repairman, I received a call around 3pm saying that his paperwork showed that we DID NOT have the EPP and that if he came out, he would have to charge us. Of course, I told him we would not be paying for services that were already covered and so the appt. was canceled. I called Lowe's (Service Advantage) to find out what the deal was and they reassured me that it was a mistake and that they would call me back. Well...I did not get a call back until the next day after 6pm. Their message to me was, "that for for some reason YOU canceled the service call and now we won't be able to get someone out to you for THREE WEEKS!"

I finally reached someone on the 7th and explained exactly what transpired and that it was A & E' who dropped the ball. They gave me an appointment for May 12, 2009 (between 8am-12pm). At this point it has been 12 days without a washing machine. Having a family of 5, we do laundry a lot. So now I was left with no choice but to go to the laundrymat.

May 12th arrives and the repairman actually shows up at 11am. I explain the problem. He tells me it's the pump and a fuse is out on the control board. (Note: my husband had spoken with A & E and told them they'd need to replace the pump!) I think, great! He'll go to the truck, get the pump and fuse, fix the machine and be done. WRONG!

Now I'm told the pump needs to be ordered and he doesn't have a fuse. (thought: It's probably the smallest part there is and you don't carry one in your truck???? What a joke!) So, of course this means another appt. The A & E repairman explains to me that he's ordered the pump and it will come directly to the house. HE asks ME when I want to set up the appt. He also says the pump should be at my home w/in a week. I set the appt. for a week later, May 20, 2009. (which is tomorrow) GUESS WHAT HAPPENS?

YUP! I get a message last night saying I have to call A & E to reschedule my appt!!! WOW! What a shocker! I call back this morning (Tuesday May 19, 2009) and am notified that the part is in fact on back order and they have no idea when it's coming in. (thought: how did the repair guy not know this last Tuesday when he said he ordered the part?)

I spoke to a customer service rep from A & E who said she would contact their parts dept and see if there was anyway to get the part. She was also going to have the technician, who misinformed me, call me. From there I spoke with a supervisor (Perry) and was told basically the same thing. I reiterated the situation and was told by Perry that if their parts dept didn't have the part, he'd have his people check outside vendors in an effort to get the part. Why wasn't that done when they knew the part was back ordered in the first place??? I also asked who was going to pay my laundry bill that's over $100 now, since it's going on 3 1/2 weeks now without a washer? Of course the standard response was they do not compensate for that. NICE. A & E puts US out and refuses to take any responsibility. Shameful! Perry told me I'd get a call.

GUESS WHAT? I DID! An hour after my conversation with Perry, I DID get a call. It was a customer service rep telling me that the part has been "emergency ordered" and "will ship our SHORTLY!" Uh Huh. I asked what does "shortly" mean? Of course, I got no clear answer. More of, well, as soon as possible...please call us when you receive it so we can set up your appointment. You've got to be kidding me! I guess we consumers have "SUCKER" written all over our foreheads. I'm certainly not holding my breath. I think it's disgusting that a company does business the way A & E does. The way they treat customers is criminal. A & E should not be allowed to be in business, and Lowe's and Sear's and any other major retailer, would be smart to kick them to the curb. These retailers should be embarrassed that they are associated with a company like A & E.

Ae Factory Service / SearsUNPROFESSIONAL/RUDE/UNTIMELY

So, my story starts in February. We bought a model home 2 years ago that came with a Whirlpool washer/dryer. After doing several loads of laundry one day, my dryer just stopped & would not turn on. I called Whirlpool to be told that I was "outside of the warranty" and was referred to AE Factory Service.

I called waited 5 days for a technician to come out, spend 30 minutes on a personal phone call on his cell phone & order a $400 part. I'm told that the part will come to my home (which it did 9 days later) & that AE will install it (waited another 5 days for a 2nd appt). Second technician comes, is very thorough & concludes that the part I paid for won't resolve my issue & takes the part with him with a promise that I will receive a refund in "7-10 business days".

At this point, I have been waiting for 90 days. 11 phone calls to AE, 5 supervisors and NOT ONE person can get my check sent to me. I have been told that "it should be 7-10 business days, 14 business days, 21 business days, the check is already being cut, you should have it by Friday, by Monday" and nothing.

I DO NOT recommend this company to anyone.

I did some research & found that the CEO is Dale Reeder. You can find him on LinkedIn or mail him at the address in Texas shown on AE's website.

NINETY DAYS & COUNTING FOR A REFUND ON A PART THAT I NEVER NEEDED BECAUSE THEIR TECHNICIAN WAS ON A PERSONAL PHONE CALL...very, very, very UNPROFESSIONAL

• Up
                  UPSETWITHREPAIRS Oct 05, 2012

A&E SO CAL IN ELCAJON. REPALCED CONTROL BAORD FOR F1 CODE, IMEDIATELY GOT A F50 CODE, NOW IT DOESNT SPIN, AGATATE, IT FILLS WITH WATER. WE ARE UNABLE TO DO LAUNDRY, 3 CALLS TO A&E, 1 TO TECH, 1 TO WHIRPOOL. I CALLED WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF REPAIR TO HAVE TECH PUT THE ORIGINAL PART BACK IN SINCE THEY NOW HAVE TO ORDER ANOTHER RPS SENSOR.11 DAYS AWAY. HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY CALLS BACK. THIS COMPANY IS PATHETIC.THIS IS MY 1ST POST OF MANY TO COME. WHIRPOOL SHOULD BE ASHAMED. A LEAST BEFORE WE COULD RESET AND CLEAN OUR CLOTHES.

• thx Jun 26, 2011

I scheduled a service appointment with this business through Whirlpool's website and they never showed up. A call to the 800 number I received with the service scheduling put me through to an automated system that wasted another 10 minutes of my time (on top of the whole Sat. afternoon I've already wasted) only to be told by a recording that their offices were closed for the weekend and to call back Monday during "regular business hours". Um. I don't think I will.

• 02
                  02roadking Aug 19, 2009

We have been trying to get Ac repair for 2 weeks rude employees, Lazy shows up without tools, and several broken appointments still not fixed. This refelcets back on the manufacturer Whrilpool.

• Gi
                  ginicomplaint Apr 06, 2009

I just had a Sears/AE repairman at my house to fix my washer. The first thing out of his mouth was that the part I needed was an electronic circuit controller board for four to five hundred dollars! Fortunately for me this idiot couldn't figure out what model washer I had and couldn't order the part. The next day (on a Sunday) I called a local repair company, they came out that same afternoon and forty minutes later had my washer running perfectly, the part?... the door latch was broken...the cost...less than two hundred dollars for parts, labor and the Sunday call out.

Thank goodness the man was too incompetant to order the part or I'd be in the same boat as you trying to get my money back. It just stinks!

A&e Factory Service Repairterrible company

We bought our home in July 2008, new, from Pulte Homes. It was equipped with GE appliances, and we brought our own washer and dryer, which are also GE.

Within six months our dishwasher stopped working correctly. I contacted GE's repair scheduling department and we were set up with an appointment for the next week on 3/13 with A&E Factory Service Repair. We were told to expect the repairman between 8 and 5. At 4 PM I called the receptionist to confirm we would be visited, and I was assured that I was to be seen after 2 more house calls. By 5 PM we had no phone call and no repairman arrived. At 6 PM I called to cancel the visit - it was too late to have someone come into the home and we had plans for the evening. I was told 'We don't cancel same day appointments, but we'll let the repairman know that you won't be there.' It seemed as if this was an attempt to make the unfinished repairwork OUR fault for not being available after 6 pm. The repairman called us at home (unaware that we had already told the receptionist we were not available any longer), and explained he would not be out and rescheduled us.

Our next visit was just as frustrating. We were told the same thing - 8 am to 5 pm on 3/13. Unfortunately this was the only work day I had available, and when the repairman called me on my phone to tell me that he was about 15 minutes from my home, I explained that I was leaving a meeting at my place of employment and I would be there to meet him in about 15 minutes as well (the same time he expected to arrive at my home), give or take 5 minutes. I was told, rather rudely, 'I can't wait for you - you need to reschedule.' I found this to be exceptionally unacceptable since it was not my fault that I waited a whole service day without being seen and the reschedule was not by my choosing. I rescheduled the visit, and on the third appointment a very nice man came to the house, looked at the dishwasher for 5 minutes and told me that the problem was an installation problem, not an appliance problem. He said that the door was rubbing on the cabinet, causing it to interrupt cycles. No other cause for the problem was investigated and as it turns out, even after the dishwasher was moved, it still malfunctioned.

Again, I scheduled a repair visit for 3/25 through GE, and was told that the repairman would be there between 8 and 12. I verified the time frame because I had a previously scheduled doctor's appointment that I had to wait five weeks for. On the morning of 3/25 I called to verify that my appliance would be repaired. I was told by Jovanna that I was not on the schedule according to my phone number, she was unable to take my confirmation number and she could not find an appointment by my name. She was, however able to pull up my previous visits - I explained that no repair work was ever completed. I called GE and spoke with Aretha, who contacted A&E Service. Apparently someone on the scheduling side made a mistake entering my phone number and it was incorrect (which I don't understand since I've been in the system for at least a month now). It was determined that I had been scheduled for 8-5 service, which said was unacceptable because I had my previously scheduled appointment. This was about 9AM, and I was told that I was fourth on the list which would most likely coincide with my 2PM doctor's appointment. I told the receptionist that I would not be available, she replied that the tech would attempt to contact me and if there was no answer he would attempt to reschedule for a later date.

We've contacted GE and arranged repair work to be done with another service company. Furthermore, I contacted GE with a summary of all of the trouble that we've had with the repair of an appliance under 8 months of use, and I will also be contacting Pulte Homes to inform them of the issues we have had trying to get this repair work done. A&E contacted me via phone to apologize, but that does not get my dishwasher fixed.

A&E Factory Servicecontinous n0 show (s)

02/01/09 Scheduled pre-paid repair...earliest available date 02/14/09

02/14/09 A&E Technician arrives...unable to complete repair due to parts needed. Parts Ordered
                  Follow-up Installation Scheduled for 2/28/09 (earliest available appt.)

2/28/09 A&E, initially promised 1st visits, by Noon -- reported still on schedule.
                  By 5pm, No show - No call

3/2/09 A&E, finally calls to re-schedule, no explanation for missing appointment, next earlies
                  available date, 3/14/09.

03/14/09 A&E, initially promised technician to call btwn 11:30 - 1:00 p, by Noon -- No call, reported still on schedule.
                  By 5pm, No show - No call

03/17/09 A&E, again, calls to re-schedule, no explanation for 2nd missed appointment; only next available
                  date 03/28/09.

03/27/09 Called day prior to scheuduled appointment...NO RECORD OF ANY APPOINTMENTS.
                  Next available date: 4/11/09

******* NOTE TO ALL CONSUMERS; DO EVEN WASTER YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY *********
                  Just isn't worth the effort and headaches...

• Rs
                      RSTAMLER Aug 12, 2010

My advice to anyone who has to deal with A&E. Go buy a new appliance, you will go through more frustration and miss enough work to buy a new one. No respect for customers they simply dont give a sh*****t.

• Rs
                      RSTAMLER Aug 12, 2010

A&E IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN. I DONT SEE HOW THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS.

A&E Factory Servicecontinuous bad service

March 12 - approx 10:00am
                    A tech came to my office to run a diagnostic on a refrigerator that wasn't cooling enough. We had to pay $75 with a credit card on the spot for him to tell us that we needed to replace a few parts because of a surge and the total repair would cost nearly $500. I don't have the authority to confirm such repair so I told him I would have to get back to him to confirm the order. He circled the parts that were needed on the back of a receipt. I spoke to my manager and he confirmed that it was ok to order the parts to repair the fridge.

March 12 - approx 2:00pm
                    I called A&E to order the parts, I spoke to someone that said it was no problem and we could order the parts right away.

March 16 - approx 12:00pm
                    I called A&E to schedule a repair time for after the parts arrived. I spoke to someone that said that the parts weren't ordered on Thursday like I originally thought. She said because of this we could do an "Emergency Order" for those parts and schedule a tentative repair date on March 20th in the morning (assuming the parts arrived on time).

March 19 - early morning
                    I received a "robot" voice mail saying that my service would have to be rescheduled. I called up the 800 number and asked them about rescheduling. They said that the parts were STILL NOT ORDERED and that they can't take orders over the phone since we don't have an account. The person I spoke to kept saying that I "Declined service on 3/12 and that's why your parts weren't ordered." I mentioned that I didn't DECLINE but needed to POSTPONE our acceptance because I couldn't accept a $500 repair without approval. After sounding like a broken record (mentioning over and over that I declined service, thus blaming me for not getting parts ordered) they would only be able to order the parts AFTER a technician came to the office to physically scan a credit card. I asked why they couldn't take my credit card over the phone, they said they don't have that equipment. I asked when a technician could arrive, they said not til the next day... She apologized over and over and asked if I would like to file a complaint. I said that I would really appreciate being able to file that complaint. She said that I should expect a call 24-48 hours later to tell customer service what happened.

I spoke to my manager of the office and said that he thought the person I spoke to didn't know what she was talking about and to try back and see if I spoke to someone else if I could get someone that could order the parts. I called back and spoke to a man who directed me to Sears who were able to take my order and a credit card over the phone.

March 24 - 10:30am
                    I called Sears to confirm the arrival of the parts (scheduled to come today) and then A&E to schedule the repair. A&E accused me of saying that I canceled their service and said I was going to a competitor. They also mentioned that I had "Declined service" at the time of the diagnostic, at which point I took a breath and in my calmest voice said that I had received extremely terrible service with A&E and that I wasn't happy that I kept getting this "declined service" thrown in my face as an excuse for why I didn't get the parts through them.

I'm basically at wits end and mentioned how on Thursday I was supposed to receive a call from their service group regarding a complaint I wanted to file. The woman I spoke to said she'd resubmit the information and I would hear from their customer service.

March 24 - 11:00am
                    I just got off the phone with A&E customer service. The woman I spoke to once again accused me of "declining service" to which I replied that I hadn't declined service, but couldn't accept it yet. She said the repairman couldn't leave without closing the ticket (using inside jargon I couldn't understand). She mentioned several times that I declined service and that when I called to order parts on 3/12 and again on 3/16 that the language they used with me (emergency etc) indicated that an order wasn't placed as I was on a "collect call" (later she explained that this meant we don't have an account). Instead of making me feel better about the whole experience, she made me more flustered than ever.

• Co
                        cowgirl Mar 24, 2009

i had an a&e tech come for a stove, who ended up breaking my refridgerator part that pulls out to replace the filter, that was in december and they will not pay to replace it, with out it we cant get the old filter out to replace with a new one. a&e sucks.

A&E Factory Service — suspect fraudulent company-terrible service

This company has made us wait 8 weeks for a dryer repair. After waiting for 5 parts, they set up 5 different...

A&E Factory Servicewasher

A&E is a joke as a repair service. in our area they only have one service time available 8AM to 5PM. so i have to take a day off from work to be available the whole day. our washer moves around like crazy and will not complete a spin cycle without us holding it down. all he did was level the front legs. then he watched the washer go through a spin cycle and complete it with no clothes in it, still moving around like crazy. and commented, "wow that sure is moving around a lot, i haven't really seen a shake that much before." then he lied about it on the receipt and said that the service was offered (leveling legs) and the customer DECLINED it. i didn't read it til after he left.

our washer still would not complete a spin cycle if we put any clothes in it. then when i called to complain about it and set up another appointment because our washer still did not complete a spin cycle, there was no response from the person. they just wanted to know if i would like to go ahead and set up my appointment. i said no because i was angry and the lack of understanding and called back to talk to another representative. she told me their service was under warranty for 90 days and i would not have to pay another $65 house fee.

so i called back when i could take another day off from work to have it serviced after we tried a few things to fix it ourselves. and I was told that because no service had been provided (according to the LIE on the receipt that i had DECLINED serivice), it was only a 30 day warranty and i would have to pay the $65 house fee again. i try to explain to this representative that the technician lied on the receipt and NO service was actually offered, again no response they just want to know if i'd like to go ahead and set up the appointment. i tell her no because they did service it, the receipt is wrong and the warranty should be good for 90 days i'm not going to pay another $65 house fee. i don't want an incompetent technician to come out and pretend to fix things for $65.

i talked to a friend who has rented property for a long time and used frontloaders like ours. it described the problem. she says oh i used to have that problem a lot with mine. it's a strut in the machine that needs to be replaced. it's not that the machine isn't level or the fact that it's on a 2nd floor. it shouldn't move around like that, and the technician should have know that was the issue.

ridiculous. i'm filing a formal complaint with A&E Factory Services and will probably report them to the Better Business Bureau for incompetent service.

A & E Factory Serviceunsatisfactory service

My Problems start with buying Maytag products, but ends with their preferred appliance repair company, A & E Factory Service. My complete overall dissatisfaction of how A & E Factory Service treats their customers. Having problems with your appliances is acceptable, their service and attitude towards customers is completely unacceptable behavior. I bought these appliances on Maytag’s name alone and though they make a great washers and dryers, their presence in the kitchen appliance department leaves a lot of room for improvement. I find it in these tough economy times, that Maytag and their preferred service A & E Factory Service (Sear’s?) can stay in business with the service that they provide.
                        1. In 2004, I bought all new kitchen appliances from Maytag, right from the beginning the appliances started to break down, mainly with the range and the dishwasher. Somewhere in the range of 3 times each.

2. Dishwasher is now on its 3rd main brain. I now can diagnose the problem better than some of their own techs.

3. I was treated unfairly and rudely, not only by numerous agents, but the supervisors as well. I never wanted anything for free, just wanted them to stand behind your products.

4. Finally with no help from Maytag, I turned to their “preferred” appliance repair company. A & E Factory Service. I have had nothing but problems with these people and a month later, I am seeking another company to come in and take care of my appliance. Fortunately for me, there are plenty of companies in the appliance business willing to help me out. For this, I am grateful.

5. A & E Factory is now is possession of $158.00 of my money, like a idiot, I paid them up front, thinking they were a reputable business. (Maytag recommended them.) I will try through the court system to get this back.

In closing, buying Maytag has cost me a lot of time, money and frustration. Its not so much about appliances breaking down, its how their company deals with it.

A & E Factory Service is one of the most anti customer service companies I have ever dealt with. Their agents are rude, uncaring, out right lie, never show up for their appointments and from agents, techs, supervisor’s, just don’t give a damn.

What’s ironic is after I decided to have someone else come in and fix my problem. A & E Factory Service immediately sent someone over to pick up the part (Maytag had paid for this, not them1) The only time I could get them to do something is when it involved their money. I’m still out $158.00! LOL. I would never allow anyone in my house that acted like this. They are bullies and I will deal with them in court.

I can only hope for potential new customers, Maytag does the right thing and stand behind their products, but at all cost, stay away from A & E Factory Service, believe me, only head aches and frustration will prevail!!!

• Ke
                            kenny Jun 11, 2009

I am a tech, but not for A & E-I would have refused to give the part back till I got a refund.
                            After a few weeks with no refund I'd have sold the part on Ebay and told them the tech never left a part.

A&E Factory Servicefraudulent charges

We called A&E to repair our refrigerator since they were listed on the Whirlpool website. We were told when we scheduled the appointment that there would be a diagnosis charge of $65.00. When the repairman arrived, we had the refrigerator pulled out and my husband had the back off of it. The repairman made his diagnosis of a broken relay switch within five minutes. He told us what the problem was and then started to go out to the truck to get the part. At that point my husband asked him what the charge would be and the repairman replied that he 'didn't know'. He came back in and then for a total of 10 minutes worth of labor, he charged us $133.00. He did not even put the refrigerator back panel on the unit. We disputed the high charge and he said he had no control over the price. Why though, couldn't he have told us what the price was? Do they really get $798.00 an hour for labor? If they do charge $133.00 an hour for labor, why don't they tell you before they do the work and why isn't the amount pro-rated for the time that they actually spent?
                          When you try to complain, it is like pulling teeth to get a phone number from the call center. They refuse to give you the information for the local office.

Do Not call this company for repairs!

• Rb
                              rbmtech Jan 08, 2009

Whine, Whine, Whine, poor me. How much would it have cost to buy new? The labor rate is set wheather it takes 5 min or 3 hours the labor is still only $133.00. Some Jobs take 5 min some take a couple of hours so forth and so on. Its costs money to pay for the Van, the tech needs to get paid. You got your fridge fix reasonably I might add. Yet you come on this site to ### about pricing. I say next time fix it yourself and see how long it takes to get the job done. Cheap people like you have no idea what it takes to get the job done, the training needed, having to put up with cheap ### complainers, whiners ect. Service people need to make a living also and put food on the table. For some reason service people are treated very poorly, and it gets worse every year. I would like to see all service techs go on strike for 30 days. Then lets see how cheap ### people like you make it without service. As things break down and they can't get fixed. Let me tell you something, as time goes on there are less and less people entering the service market. Over the years it will be harder and harder to get service. So before you whine and cry about service be thankful there are still techs willing to come out and fix your stuff.

A & E Factory Serviceservice contract on clothes dryer

This is the world' worst service (Or lack thereof). I scheduled four service calls to repair broken dryer. First technician was inept and didn't order the proper parts. Second tech said this was a job for two repair people and left. Third appointment, I was stood up. No one ever showed up. Fourth appointment, technician didn't show up yet again. I am totally fed up with this company. It's a scam... They take your money, promise you service and then give you the run-around over and over again. I've wasted countless days waiting for these people who either never show up or don't know what they're doing. Beware! They're are awful.

Sears A&e Factory ServicesWORTHLESS COMPANY

sears a&e factory services- Is the worst company i think i have ever worked for or seen..they are over charging, money hungry animals. all they care about is how much money we can charge or get out of the customers., they hire people who have no exprience what so ever in management or service people.they make the techs. stay out till all service orders are done, sometimes till 8:00, 9:00 p.m. at night. and get back up to do again.they dont pay you to stock your truck or to put ups. pack. in truck, when you get home.Then you have the customers- pissed off because its been 2 or 3 wks. waiting on a part. So they either cuss you out or want to chass you down and hurt you. then we have the dogs or cats-that dont bite, or so they say. the next thing you know is they are biting your arm off or chasing you to your truck teeth ready to rip you in two. Then we have the managers, no training dont know jack, telling you how worthless you are, ready to throw you out the door, because, you dont sellll enough for them.. I HAVE HAD MORE PEOPLE complain about the stores being roud and unhelpfull. saying they will never go to sears again.. I KNOW I WONT NEVER USE THEIR SERVICES OR ENTER A STORE AGAIN...

A & E Factory Servicehaving a & e factory service work on my sears washing machine has been a 2 month nightmare

1. Sears is not the store it use to be. Appliances are poor quality, always breaking down. I have 8 Sears appliances and have nothing but trouble with my washers and dryers.
                                2. Store mgr. Sue passes the buck and tell me it's not her problem. If she worked for me she would be in the unemployment line.
                                3. The send A & E factory service to fix their poor quality appliances. They send rude, inexperienced, sloppy, unknowledgable repair men. This has been a 2 month nightmare. They have been to my house at least 10 times on the same washer dryer system . Every time they leave they say it is fixed and it is not. This is a joke. Twice my house filed with smoke because of improper repair job. They leave my house dirty and greasy, with finger prints on my walls and black filth in the grout on my floor. I have had 5 different men here including a senior tech twice and one is dumber than the next.
                                4. DON'T EVER BUY FROM SEARS IF YOU EXPECT GOOD SERVICE.
                                5. DON'T EVER BUY THEIR OVER PRICED SERVICE CONTRACT.
                                6. DON'T EVER, EVER HAVE A& E factory service come to your house for anything.

A&E Factory Servicescharged for no services done; arrived late as well; technician lied stating I declined estimate

I had a scheduled appointment for a technician to fix or at least attempt to fix my refrigerator today, 11/3/08 and they were scheduled to arrive at my home between the hours of 1:00-5:00p.m. When I scheduled my appointment, I gave the phone rep my cell phone number and asked to have the technician call me when he was on his way to my home. I called twice today with the latest being 4:30p.m. to make sure he was still coming. The rep told me that he was at job#7 and that I was job#8. At 5:12p.m. this evening, I received a telephone call from the technician stating that he was running late and wanted to know if I still wanted him to come out to my home. I told him yes, that I was only off on Mondays and that I needed my refrigerator fixed. The technician arrived after 5:30p.m. and needless to say, Phillip the technician could not tell me what was wrong with my refrigerator (not cooling properly is the problem) and asked for the $65 fee for coming out. I was upset stating to him that not only did he arrive at my home late, but he was charging me $65 and could not tell me what was wrong. I told him that if he wasn't going to at least see what the problem was, he should have told me over the telephone that due to him arriving late, that he would not be able to do ANYTHING and I would have rescheduled rather than to have him come to my home and do nothing and still charge me $65. When I asked for his supervisor's contact information, he would not give it to me. When I asked him for his worker number or at least his last name, he would not give that to me either. Phillip the technician or whatever his real name was printed out a ticket and asked me to sign it. After reading it, I refused to sign it because he had typed in Customer Declines Estimate. I asked him why would he type in such, knowing full well that I never declined an estimate. Because he arrived at my home so late, he said he wasn't able to do a dye test to determine whether or not I had a leak . So virtually am out of $65 and not only did he show up late, but he was unable to tell me what was wrong with my refrigerator. I contacted A&E and spoke to Sandra, a manager at the National Call Center. Sandra was of no help to me and there was no customer satisfaction at all. Sandra stated that she understood and agree why I was upset, but that I still had to pay the $65. Sandra stated that if I allow another technician to come out to my home again, then I would not have to pay another $65 service fee (no help now, considering late and nothing done?). Sandra stated that if I did not allow a technician to come out again, then she would see about getting my $65 refunded. I stated to Sandra not to kid ourselves. If she did not tell this technician who was still standing in my living room this evening while I was on the phone with her, not to charge me $65 because he had done NOTHING but show up late, getting $65 at a later time was inevitable. I wrote a check for $65 to A&E and wrote in the memo "showed up late, no diagnostic done". I can bet you anything that those money hungry people will still cash that check which endorsing it means that they agree to what was in that memo. But most of all what upsetted me the most was how that technican lied to my face stating on the ticket that I had declined an estimate. I refused to sign and he did not go into his computer to change it either. When I asked him why did he lie, he just stood in my kitchen looking at me stupidly and did not say anything. It is obvious that I got cheated out of $65 tonight and would like something done so that this does not happen to good people by very underminded and untrustworthy individuals.

A&E Factory Service — not fixed/no show

I had A&E come out to fix a leaking dishwasher. The parts were ordered and then installed. The issue did not...

A & E Factory Servicetechnicians

No complaints! Technician very qualified! It seams that the service vans the technicians drive, only care about [protected] parts. I guess if they all drove tractor trailers they could carry all parts needed for every repair! Guess what whirlpool dictates what parts trhese poor guys should carry. Unfortunately they can't carry every part, only the top parts that whirlpool breaks down. Since whirlpool owns kitchenaid-maytag-jenn aire-ropr & 80 % of the appliance, our anger should be taken on them, not the poor technicians, who are automatically scheduled 12 calls a day by their routing/scheduling dept. For the most part the technicians are good, it's the money hungry owners/sears who over book/over schedule the poor tecnicians, then even worse send parts from dallas, where all the broken parts are shipped. Give these poor technicians a break.