A&e Factory Service / Maytag / horrible and rude company!

A&E factory service is a horrible rude company. On Saturday the 7 of April 2007 a service tech by the name of Tom (ID 0908566) came out to what we thought was repair our refrigerator. He stated that the relay needed to be replaced so my husband allowed him to replace it. The total charge for this service call was $226.80.

Break down of costs:

Labor $183.00
Tax labor $11.90
Parts $29.95
Tax parts $1.95
TOTAL $226.80

One hour after the tech left our refrigerator quit working once again. My husband called A&E back and the first customer service rep. told him the tech would be right back out to the house. After 45 minutes I called customer service back which then told me he had been off the clock for an hour and that there was nothing they could do until Monday at least. Upon further examination of the old relay that the tech left behind it had a large burn mark on it where it had been shorting out for quite some time. If this technician is a “Certified Maytag” repair man why was he not qualified enough to check the compressor that was causing the short in the relay. We spent the better of our day on Monday April 9 between Maytag and A&E. The only time that we spoke with some one helpful and nice is when my husband spoke with a lady by the name of Wanda in the Corporate offices of Maytag. A&E could have cared less that we had been without a refrigerator at that point since Friday evening and were out $226.80. What did they care they already had our money. Wanda was very helpful though. She refunded our money and had it set up with A&E to come out the same day to repair or at least order what needed to be repaired. Tom called me later that afternoon and stated that he was ordering the compressor for the fridge. I questioned him seeing as the first repair he made wasn’t the correct fix apparently. He stated that the reason the relay quit working was because the compressor was going out. (Which my husband and I already knew that by now!!!!) Would’ve been nice if he checked the compressor before he left at his prior appt. When I spoke with the Tom he gave me specific instruction to call when the compressor came in and someone would be out to repair it. I called once the compressor came in the first service date they could give me was not until Saturday April 14. That was completely unacceptable. I explained the situation of having a child and needing to keep her milk and certain foods cold for her and that we had spent a large amount of money in ice and was told that I basically needed to deal with it. I was told by a second A&E rep if I contacted Maytag that maybe something could happen sooner. So I did and the customer service rep at Maytag contacted A&E and had it set up for me to call A&E again and they would set me up sooner. When I contacted A&E again they set me up for later that afternoon. The scheduler went through and called the Supervisor for scheduling or the Tech manager to make sure it was ok. She got the clear from whomever she spoke with and told me I could expect a tech to come out after 1:00. One hour after it took me 3 &1/2 hours to set up the appt, A&E called to cancel the appt. They then told me I could not have service until THE FOLLOWING WEEK That was absolutely ridiculous. The A&E rep tried to tell me again to call Maytag back and they would re-set me up for later that day. I asked why I had been cancelled in the first place and that the appt. was originally set up because of the problems we had been experiencing. She had no answers. I then called Maytag while my husband called A&E. My husband was told that the reason we were scheduled out so far was because they only had one Maytag tech that could make the repair and he was not available until then. Which by the way is absolutely ridiculous seeing as they are the main referral from Maytag. How can you possibly give good service to customers if the all have to wait for one certified tech. Maytag however set us up with another company to finish the repair- Custom Air Systems, that is after I said I was going to contact my local news channels and newspapers. Maytag originally set up the service call with them for the next day but after I got off the phone with them Debbie from Custom Air Systems called to let me know they were going to send some one out before the end of their business day. Finally someone who saw the need for us to have the repair completed!!!

After all the horrible service we received we will never by another Maytag appliance. A&E has by far some of the rudest and disrespectful people working for them. As far as I am concerned A&E is a direct reflection of Maytag. I can’t see how it is appropriate to leave people with out a refrigerator for a week or longer. If it would not have been for Custom Air Systems we would have been out of a fridge for almost 1 &1/2 weeks, if not 2 weeks.

Comments

• Ju
      29th of May, 2007

I have stayed home 2 days waiting for A & E to call on our 3 month old Maytag stove. I was told by Maytag that they have a contract with them. All that has been accomplished so far is to make me determined to never buy a Maytag product and to alert friends and neighbors of this issue.

• Pa
      29th of Jul, 2008

I have been waiting for a reimburement check for a warranty repair for 2 months (A&E) would not work on the item until I paid with a credit card) After they completed the work, they told me to call Maytag for ana out of warranty concession as the part was clearly defective. I did so and they agreed to reimburse me but not without alot of wrangling. I am still waiting. I call weekly for a status and was told today they would put the claim in agan and see what happens. I called The Home Depot and told them I would never buy anything again at their store as they did not get involved to rectify the issue. Of course they are "looking into it". More BS.

• Cc
      21st of Apr, 2009

I had the exact same issue and they are coming back out tomorrow so I have been told- The compressor died- took them 3 weeks to get part to me and fix- I begged for faster servcie- 3&5 year old! Tech was on phone fighting and yelling in my kitchen with their customer svc because cust svc waived the $75.00 trip charge because we waited so long and they could not get the right tech out- Tech was so mad about this - WHY? But he yelled and yelled over it and then told me he would not charge me- he would charge that cust svc dept - really? Why do I care? NOW the fridge has died again and Maytag said A&E HAS to come out to fix what they did- Can't wait! :o( Ugh! Help!

• Hb
      25th of Jun, 2009
    A&e Factory Service / Maytag - botched repair/horrible service
    A&E Factory Service/Maytag
    New York

I offer a tale of staggering incompetence and dizzying bureaucratic nonsense:
    In 2001 I bought a Maytag refrigerator. I had no problems for 8 years.
    In April I got a recall notice, and Maytag sent a repairman from A&E Factory Service.
    After that the refrigerator started leaking out the bottom, with puddles appearing every day or so. Because of the timing, this problem was clearly caused by the repair.
    Last week I called Maytag, and they set up another service appointment with A&E, between 8 and 12 on June 23.
    At noon no one had shown up, so I called. I was told the repairman would call back right away. He did not. At 12:30 I called again. Same story. At 1:30 I called again, and was told that a different repairman would come, within two hours. At 3:30 I called Maytag and asked that a repairman from a different company do it, and was told that I would then have to pay for it. I declined.
    At 5:15, the repairman finally showed up. He said there was no way the problem was connected to the previous repair, though obviously it was. He said he saw no evidence of a leak. (I had actually left a puddle on the floor that morning, as proof, but as the hours dragged on and my daughter stepped in it twice, I finally wiped it up.) He poked around a bit but didn’t seem to have a clue how to address the problem. Then, incredibly, he said I would receive a bill.
    I called A&E this morning to demand that no bill be sent. (I did not want another repairman to come; it will clearly be easier to keep wiping up the water than to go through another day like yesterday.) I got to a supervisor, who said that Maytag would have to authorize A&E to cancel the bill.
    I called Maytag, got to the first level of supervisor, who said I had to call A&E. (The classic runaround: A says call B. B says call A.) Finally, I got a second-level supervisor, who said she would get the bill canceled.
    Every one of these calls, of course, took forever, as I had to navigate the endless menus, the waits to be transferred, etc. (Once when being transferred to a supervisor I got cut off and had to start over.) Literally hours on the phone.
    Is this any way to do business?

• Mn
      1st of Sep, 2010

A&E sucks... I'm waiting on them to fix my recalled Maytag dishwasher. I called Maytag at first sight of the recall notice in the mail, set it all up, the day comes and i sit at home from 8am to Noon, nobody shows up. I call Maytag and find out A&E was calling the wrong phone number all morning, but not to tell me the tech would be by, nope, to tell me they cant fix it for 2-3 weeks because the part isnt in stock to repair it. UGHHHHH... Oh and to CCCD Clan... You wanna know why the tech was pissed? Cause these A&E guys are paid on work orders, so he drove out and they denied payment which means he doesn't get paid either. Don't blame the A&E techs, most of them are just trying to make a living working for a crappy company, i did the on call service tech stuff for a while for other companies that take care of warranty repair on computers and household electronics, you did what the work order telled you, NO MORE, or else you lose your job for going above the call. Seriously i'm not kidding you, if i had a call to replace a sound card in a computer and i also dusted/vacuumed it out i would get screamed at for performing unnecessary service, even if the computer was so dirty you couldnt make out the parts inside!