Advanced Wellness Research / FRAUD ALERT !!!!!!!

1 HI, United States Review updated:

Ordered teeth whitening kit. Called and cancelled after I received second shipment. Like some other complaints mentioned, in that call they kept saying they couldn't hear me and to speak up. I was practically screaming in the phone so that they would hear me. Requested they cancel my membership. The next month I received another shipment and they charged my credit card. I called them and they said that the person I spoke to last month did not cancel the monthly shipment, however, he had record that I had called. After going back and forth with him about this unauthorized shipment and charge, he finally said he would credit me the charge and I won't receive any more shipments. He also said he would send me a confirming email. I haven't received an email nor have they refunded the charges to my credit card. I have contacted my credit card and asked them not to accept anymore charges from them as they are not authorized. What a scam this company is. There really needs to be a class action lawsuit against them.

Comments

• Pr
      13th of May, 2009

My sister ordered teeth whiten kit. Her OB told her not to use it yet because she is pregnant. She called to cancel the order. The customer service rep said he is having trouble hearing her so he asked her to call back. She received her Visa statement and there was a charge of $69.99 from Advnaced Wellness Research. She called customer service to cancel the order but he said wasn't able to pull up the order from her name, address, Visa number or phone number and he asked her to call back after she receives the order and provide him with the order number. While waiting to receive the product, she received her Visa statement and saw another charges from Advanced Wellness Research. She called to cancel the order and the customer rep said he'll take care of her request. A few days later, she received the second package and she called to get the RMA to return the product, the customer rep told her they can't issue her an RMA number to return the unopened product for full refund because the order has been shipped and received. She was told that if she returns it, she still won't get the credit for it, so just go ahead and use the product. This company is a big SCAM. BEWARE OF THE UNETHNICAL TACTICS AND PRACTICES!

• Ri
      19th of May, 2009

This is truly a scam! I also called to cancel after I was charged over $78.00 for something I did not order. I was to pay for shipping for a TRIAL OFFER then they had my credit card #. When I called to cancel they said they would send me an e-mail verify the order was cancelled(which I never placed to begin with) & I have never received that.

Today I received another package from them so I refused that package & the mail man marked it refused!

This is really a scam & we do need a class action law suit! Would love to see an attorney go after these people!

• Dm
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Advanced Wellness Research - Refused to Refund
    Advanced Wellness Research
    Missouri

Even before my trial period for the colon cleanser and acai berry supplements was over this company sent out another shipment of each product. The company charged my credit account for the shipments. I called to ask about returning the unopened products and was told that all I could do was cancel future shipments. They told me that they don't accept returns and don't give refunds. Even if this is not illegal, it is unethical. BEWARE OF THIS AND ANY COMPANY THAT HAS SUCH UNETHICAL PRACTICES!!!

• Sl
      3rd of Jun, 2016

My advice to everyone taken in by this scheme is to change your charge card number so these scam companies can't put more charges to your account. That's what I just did. I've been "round and round" with three companies today (which was surprising as I'd only purchased acai samples from two) and cancelled accounts I did NOT know I'd signed up for... and am getting refunds. The only ones they won't refund are the ones they charged right after I requested the "SAMPLE"...and that was the first billing for which I never received the product. From what I've read in this blog, that is typical of those companies... they charge your card that first month but don't send a product. That way they think you can't protest when they send the product and bill you the second month. They think. Two companies even told me the USPS verified that the first product had been delivered to my address. I never got it... only the one that was in my mailbox this morning. I contacted my credit card company and they're sending me a new card with a new number and paperwork for me to protest the original charges. I'm also filing a report with my local police department and with the better business bureau.