Complaints & Reviews

Advanced Wellness Research/Teeth Whitening — account charged $69.99

I purchased a 'sample' of a teeth whitening product at a cost of $6.99 the terms indicated that I had 60 day...

Advanced Wellness Researchpure acai berry = pure scam

The pop up ads are extremely convincing, sponsered by Oprah... stories of huge weight loss results from people in your own neighborhood, teamed with Total Cleanse, most likey another "Total Scam". Advanced Wellness Research issues a "Trial Period" but they dont tell you that after your trial period they will send you another shipment, charged to your provided card number automatically. They will also tell you that it is a non-refundable product because you did not cancel before the end of the trial period. I called to cancel but did not have my order number, so i gave all of my information ranging from address, name, email address, and even phone number. The customer service representative, hardly english speaking, told me he had no records of my name or any other information i had provided. I called back that afternoon, order number in hand... The representative i spoke with this time told me the system was down, he said he would cancel my account but could not refund my credit card for the product i unwillingly received. After nearly an hour on the phone he said my account was cancelled but he could not provide me with a cancellation number because...you guessed it "The system was down." I called back a week later requesting a cancellation number to be sure i would not recieve another shipment and charge. On this ocassion i spoke with a woman who told me i had never called before according to her records. She told me there was no cancellation request ever made to my account. After another hour on the phone she said my oredr was cancelled, but... if i wanted a total confirmation on my cancellation i would have to email the company. Very inconvenient in my opinion, im am forced to cancel my credit card in order to be sure i am not further charged by this company.
Furthermore, the personal information i had provided was passed along to another company.. Buyers Edge who enrolled me in yet another trial period in which i would be charged a fee each month to the credit card number i had provided to Advanced Wellness Research only. Obviously this company is also sharing personal information with other scandalous corporations and companies.
Please be very suspicious of this company. My recomendation...Do not buy their product.
Thanks for reading,
A concerned buyer

• Co
      concern informed person Mar 24, 2009

i would like to comment of this person statement, and as someone who know first hand that advanced wellness research dont not have a pop up's when you get to place a order, advanced wellness advanced has there own website, i can tell this client hat if you order any product thur a pop up that they are not ordering it from the company. these pops up are put there by other people, the advanced wellness research website and the product website is www.pureacaiberrypro.com and that is a secure website, if you order any product thur a pop up or a blog you are not ordering the product direct from website, people places these ads and put advanced wellness research order form on there links pop up and blogs, and as a result of ordering any product this way you open your email and mailing address to all sorts of junk mail and junk email, , i also know advanced wellness research is in no way related to Total Cleanse they are there own company, also buyers edge is in no way related to advaned wellness research, , if customer who want to purchase this product should really take the time to read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT ARE POSTED ON THE BOTTOM OF THE WEBSITE, , WWW.PUREACAIBERRYPRO.COM. CAUSE THAT IS WERE MOST OF THE PROBLEMS WITH CLIENTS LIKE THIS PERSON THAT DONT DO ALL THERE RESEACH, IF THERE HAD READ THE CONDITIONS POSTED THERE THEY WOULDNT BE POSTING COMMENT LIKE THEY DID, , i also know that in order to receive total cleanse product you have to had placed a order thur them, not us, so if people are going to be posted comments on here place i wish they get there story straight and not write just want they want to say, , personal infomation with advanced wellness reseach is not shared with other companys, the reason why other company got her credit card info was cause she order product from another company, and because she ordered thur a pop up window she expose her infomation to all types of junk / i hope that when people reads this they know that a big company like advanced wellness research would not give out someone credit card infomation, that would be business sucide. thanks for reading, , i hope this answers some peoples concerns,

very informed person

• Tw
      Twice burned Apr 22, 2009

Dear Informed Person,

I guess you are a liar and a cheat as well. After getting caught by the Advanced Wellness Institute scam back in Feb and taking several phone calls to my credit card company and to the Wellness company, I finally stopped it with threatening the cancellation of my credit card. Then, a couple of months later I get two charges on my credit card from the same company who charged for the original Acai berry order UMG, United Marketing Group for two other scams I never signed up for. Now, either AWI is in cahoots with UMG or they are idiots because they didn't know UMG was taking orders for Acai berry and signing those credit cards up for another scam. Which is it? And, as far as reading your terms and conditions, I went back to the website you just posted www.pureacaiberrypro.com, which is the site I ordered from originally and read again those terms and conditions. Nowhere does it say that by buying this product you are also signing up for Simply Mine and MyAd??? whatever, but that is who charged 19.99 for each to my credit card again, through UMG. I intend to file fraud charges immediately because I am sure my card was used without me signing up for anything and I have proof.

Advanced Wellness Research Inc. — forced to pay to cancel free trial

I saw an ad online for a free trial of the "Bright Teeth Whitening System" which says that all you need to...

Advanced Wellness Researchunauthorized debit of credit card

I odered a free trial of Acia berry from Advanced Wellness Research and I authorized the use of my credit card for the shipping cost of $4.99. Approximately 14 days later my credit card was debited in the amount of $78.81 and an additional chanrge of $2.35, for an out of country trasnsaction fee. I did not authorize either of these debits. I have tried to reach the above referenced company three times by phone in the last 16 hours. I was placed on hold for over 7 minutes before the first call was terminated. During the last two calls I was transfred to an extension to "terminate my home delivery" and these calls were also terminated by Advanced Wellness Research (AWR), thereby making it impossible for me to cancel any services that AWR may contend I authorized. I have lodged a complaint with the bank that issued my cedit card and have requested a reimbusement of fees charged by AWR. However, I was not able to reach anyone with AWR to demand that no future use be made of my credit card. Stephanie Knapp

Christine Bever Mar 07, 2009

I also have agreed to the 4.99 shipping charge and am sure my credit card has been charged. mI received a second shipment without a reguest.

Advanced Wellness Research, FWM Laboratoriesfalse advertising/fraud

I ordered ACAI Pro from an internet ad that stated this was among the most potent formulas and had been approved by Oprah and Dr. Mehmet Oz, from a reputable site. The next morning, I felt uncomfortable about the order and attempted to call and cancel. I was cut off twice after waiting at least 10 minutes each time, then got someone I could barely understand. This person stated I had to have an order number, which I was never given in the first place, and that my name did not appear in their database. I told him that this was unacceptable and sounded suspicious. I knew then this was nothing but a scam. I asked to cancel the order, which he refused to do and stated I would have to call back when I received the order. The company name is not even on the internet site, but from their phone number [protected]) they were identified as Advanced Wellness Research. Five days later, I received an order from some outfit called FWM Laboratories for ACAI Berry Detox, which I didn't even order. My credit card had been charged on 2/23/09 for $2.00 and $1.95 from "ACAI Elite Bushey GBR, " and another for $4.99 that said "Acai Diet Today Cambridgeshir GBR." Concerned that my credit card would be further charged, I immediately called and canceled the card, especially after I found all the complaints about these two outfits on the internet. I believe this is false advertising and nothing more than a scam to bilk money out of people and I can't believe I fell for it. Nothing is free, either. You are charged for the bottle they touted as free within 14 days of your order. They only $8.94 total from me, and I will just have to chalk that up to a lesson learned. They won't bilk me for anymore!

mavric Feb 27, 2009

I absolutely agree - I did the free trail and they auto-enrolled me in some home delivery program for $80/month... they didn't even send an additional email before they charged my card - every single auto-delivery program I have used in past always notifies by mail or email when a charge is going to happen, I found this behavior to be very shady and upsetting. I had to call the same # to cancel and I am not even sure it is cancelled, I have disputed the charge with my credit card company...but beware beware beware...the product is actually quite good - the behavior of the company is reprehensible.

• Mi
          Missy Feb 28, 2009

THIS IS HOW I HOPEFULLY TOOK CARE OF THIS::: I got caught up in the Acai Berry - Colon Cleanse scam as well. I had three $83.00+ charges on my credit card before I realized what was happening. The following is what I did and so far it is has been successful. I started with contacting the Better Business Bureau in Florida for FWM Laboratories. Then I contacted my credit card company and submitted fraud alerts for the three charges. I also had my credit card comany issue me a new number (as if I had lost my credit card) I then called the numbers listed on my credit card statement for each company (2 charges were same company and one charge was the other company) and was able to get through to a person on each of the two numbers and received a cancellation number on the one (from a very foreign sounding person) and was told I would receive an email confirmation on the other one. Never received it - ended up calling back and getting an email address. I emailed the company to confirm my cancellation and to get a return address to return the product. After getting a lecture by email on how I had agreed to the auto delivery program they told me they would reimburse me $41.00 of the 80 something charge and I could keep the product. (Yeah like I would ever take any of those pills now!!!). To date, my credit card company had deducted the three charges and the one company actually credited my account the $41.00. However, I am still going to check my credit card online daily just in case. That's how I did it. I covered as many bases as I could. Good luck to all. FYI - The two numbers I called ((Acaiberry&lifecleans [protected])) and ((Ids*max Colon [protected] Ca))

Advanced Wellness Researchmajor league scam! do not order!

My husband ordered the trial bottle of the acai tablets. Web site states NO RISK OFFER. If you read their terms of service you get their privacy policy instead. When you click on the acai berry ad it takes you to a different site that states if you don't cancel within 14 days you will be charged $78.81. Not only were we charged but we were again charged on 2/17 for another $82.80 for a product we did not order nor want. We called the company and got some guy who couldn't speak English, definitely called India. Only thing he understood was CANCEL but refused to give us a refund.

Called credit card company and boy are they aware of this company. Filed a dispute and charges are removed pending follow up. Had to close my account to so they couldn't charge us again. What a royal pain.

My shock (or maybe not) is that Rachel Ray has her name attached to these people. Someone really needs to give her a wake up call. There's no way to contact her unless you send an email to her [protected]@rachelray.com.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

• Cl
            Claudia Lewis Feb 27, 2009

CLAUDIA md

I called the toll free number and was placed on hold for 15 mins with music in the background, the rest of the 40 mins i could clearly hear people speaking in the back. My call was finally ended after 45 mins unanswered.

Advanced Wellness Research Inc. Bright Teeth Whitening System — canceling my trial and getting rma

I have called numerous times trying to get a RMA to return my free trial that I no longer want and every time...

Advanced Wellness Researchreturn address and rma no. - hope this is helpful

This is the conversation that has taken place between myself and Advanced Wellness Research recently. Normally I am very kind in my emails, but they have really ticked me off. But at least I got some results.

Hi Gayle,

Thank You for contacting Advance Wellness Research - Customer Service.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We've gone ahead and canceled your order, there would be no more future shipments or charges. Please return the unused bottle to our below mentioned address quoting RMA No. - RMA2443181VJ at the top of the package.

Our return address:-

Advanced Wellness Research Inc.
          #3, 17th Avenue South, Nampa,
          Idaho 83651

Make sure that we'll receive your shipment within the next 10 days.

For any further queries please feel free to call us at our toll free number [protected]

Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,

Subject: Re: Reply from Advance Wellness Research
          From: [protected]@wiktel.com
          To: "Service" <[protected]@advancedwellnessresearch.com>
          Date: [protected]:21:11
          well, Jessica (if that is your real name)

I did not realize people needed to give explanations for returning
          products. I realized shortly after I ordered this product that it was a
          scam. I have read many complaints against your company. I have tried
          calling the number you listed, and have been hung up on. I get some gal
          that sounds like she is from India, and can barely understand her. She
          is rude and does not make it easy to cancel the order. I could go on and
          on. I know your company has been reported to the Better Business Bureau,
          along with some other companies who may end up investigating you.

I have not even opened the product, because then I know you will
          probably not want to accept it back.

By the way, if you are going to get gals to model for your
          advertisements, at least get a few of them. I have seen the same gal
          with 5 different names. That right there tells me there is something
          unscrupulous about this company.

Now send me the address where I can return this product.

Gayle Gustafson
          > Hi Gayle Gustafson,
          > Thank you for contacting Advanced Wellness Research - Customer
          > Service. We do respect your decision to go ahead and cancel the
          > subscription to our product, which may be due to some unexpected
          > circumstances that you came across, however understanding the real
          > situation behind your decision would not only help us to serve you
          > better but improve our services as well.
          > We would therefore request you to let us know the primary reason for
          > cancellation.
          > Please note that in any case the returned system must include the
          > Pure Acai Berry pack – Unused portion
          > To return your system, simply call us at [protected]* *
          > *NOTE:* You are responsible for costs associated with shipping the
          > items back to us and your initial shipping and handling charges are
          > not refundable.
          > Thank you and have a nice day!
          > Regards,
          > JESSICA WATSON,
          > Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. – Customer Service

• Ge
              georgena rickey Feb 11, 2009

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF IT'S SELF. RIPING OFF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. NOT making their terms clear and misleading. opranh, rachel ray and the t.v.. networks should be more careful in what they endorse i had to contact my credit card to stop payment. they stated they have had many complaints about this company. please, people make sure you know what you are buying next time you see some thing like this. i have learned my lesson.

JoAnn Lazane Jun 03, 2016

Always just a recorded message when trying to reach this company concerning my return of their product within the 14 day trial period. Emails from "customer service" stipulate that a Return Merchandise Authorization must be printed out and included on the return package even though I have already mailed the product back to the location from which it was mailed prior to finding out that they required this Authorization.
              Their on-line advertising is obviously a scam designed to trap unwary consumers into additional charges. I will continue to fight this fly-by-night company which is out to defraud people.

• Do
              Donnie McIntosh Jun 03, 2016

ORDERED THE PURE ACAI BERRY PAID THE SHIPPING OF $4.95 THEN I FIND OUT THAT THEY HAVE CHARGED MY CARD FOR ANOTHER $78.81 TRIED TO CALL SAID MAILBOX WAS FULL BEEN CALLING FOR SEVERAL DAYS SAME THING .WHAT A SCAM THEY HAVE AND ITS SUPPORTED BY A CELEB LIKE OPRAH WILL HAVE TO FIX THIS SITUATION BEFORE OTHER POOR SOULS ARE SCAMMED BY THESE JOKERS

• Be
              becky chavis Jun 03, 2016

i have had similar problems. what a crock of sh---- my bank is stopping payment on any more charges.

• Dw
              dwalters Jun 03, 2016

Advanced Wellness Research has a convincing ad for a product which turns out to be inferior. The order form on the website double orders; therefore, you are double billed. They promise easy cancellation, but that is not the case. They do not respond to requests for cancellation. I had to stop payment at the bank. I placed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have learned my lesson. It's a shame to be scammed in such a way. Advanced Wellness Research is dishonest and untrustworthy.

• Pa
              patricia mankel Jun 03, 2016

I have been scammed also. I have TRIED TRIED TRIED, to reach this company to no avail. I am out 78.81 Called the Attny General's office in Florida. Looks like they have phone offices everywhere. I thing they are only answering services and noone answers. I really want to send this back and I don't have a rma number or an address. I only have what is on the stupid package which looks like Id. any ideass?

• Th
              Thomas Marlo Jun 03, 2016

I am also on the unfortunate sucker lists. When I saw Oprah recommending this product, I fell for it. Now they are taking money out of my account for merchandise not received. I should've known better, but had a brain fart.

Advanced Wellness Research, Inc.rip-off

I too feel I've been taken advantage of. You are offered a FREE 14-day sample for $4.99 shipping and handling. I did not think the product did anything and when the package came it DID NOT say you had to call to not be charged $78.81 for the rest of the pills. You are shipped a bottle of 60 which if you're told it is a free 14-day sample why give you a full bottle - why? so the company can rip you off for $78.81. I think this really stinks. I hope these people can sleep at night ripping me and I'm sure plenty of others off.
            VERY DISSATISFIED!!!

• Cl
                cliff Feb 03, 2009

I think the whole thing is a scam. I was able to get a hold someone in India [seems to me that's their call center] Anyway after minutes of my ### he agreed to refund my $78.81 charge, which days later i was able to confirmed it with credit card statement. For all you guy got ripped off I have a working number.

Pure Acai Berry Pro™
                Advanced Wellness Research, Inc.
                Customer Care Team
                [protected]

Advanced Wellness Research Incfunds illegally drafted from my accnt.

My name is julia lehman. I have an incurable disease, with 3 children. I am a single mom. The disease has now spread. I am on disability, and cannot even do sedentary work.
              On the 29th of january, $78.81 dollars were illeagally drafted from my account, without my permission!!!

I don't know what company this is, I was also billed $4.99 from my account... On the 12th...

I have these packages and I didn't order them. They haven't been opened, I am sending them back. I am a very ill woman, and would never buy a product. I tried to go to a site to cancel..."no order placed." is what came up. The canellation number which they wanted... I didn't have one, because I didn't order anything. So!! Now I don't even know how to cancel this.

My e-mail address is: [protected]@aol.com
              Right now, with the help of my bank, a fraudulent investigation is taking place.

I want these funds returned.
              I can be reached at [protected],
              [protected]
              [protected]@aol.com

• Up
                  upset client Feb 04, 2009

I saw the free trial and like others thought since Oprah and other companies were highly recomending them to try the trial for the shipping cost only at 4.95. I received the Acai in the mail about 3 weeks later. I started taking them and nothing happened. I have had them for almost two week when I received a call from my Credit card stating that I was being billed for $78.81. I contacted the company and the woman who I could hardly understand kept me on the phone for 45 min. It went from you only have a 14 day free trial so if you dont send the product back within the 14 day you are automatically billed $78.81. I told her I had not had them for 14 days yet she said that it goes from when ordered date not when recived date. They she said if I would keep purchasing the product monthly that she would bill me $28.81 a month until I decieded to cancel the product. I told her to cancel I did not want them. She then said she would bill me 58.81 for the product if I cancelled it. I told her I never gave permission to bill me and that it was illegal! She stated that it was a know fact charge. I asked where it was written on my bill and she said nothing is in writting it is all just understood. I was told that I would keep being billed until unopened bottles were sent back being refused. Now I am in the process of cancelling my credit card and have to go through alot of paperwork with my bank due to this mess. I wish I would not have fallen for this scam!

Advanced Wellness Research — acai berry order

I ordered the Acai berry product because of the 14 day trial period. After I received the product, I took it...

Advanced Wellness Research — they will help you trust me!!!

Hi All, I posted a complaint based on my experience; but the CEO responded to me immediately. The website...

Advanced Wellness Research Inc — billed for free trial product

I requested the Pure Acai Berry free trial supply which was supposed be shipping and handling only of 4.99...

Advanced Wellness Research — acai berry overcharging

Do not buy this product what a scam!!! I followed the online directions for the free trial of acai berry 500...

Advanced Wellness Research — acai berry

Ordered Acai 500 never recieved product or refund Invoice 1737148 sent an email that states please allow 72...

Advanced Wellness Research — overcharged! scam!!! online orders acai berry 500

I was charged twice for shipping & handling of $4.99 and twice for $78.81 for the product - all on the...

Advanced Wellness Research Inc — over charged and rude service

I was so furious wheni learned that not only had they debit my account $4.99 but then proceed to charge my...

Advanced Wellness Research Miami Beach Florida — item I did not order!

On Nov 16 I ordered on line a $4.99 trial offer of your bowel cleansing product. That is all I ordered! YOU...