Account Assuredisability payments to my blair account

I became totally disable approx a year ago & noticed on my Blair monthly statements tha I've been billed for account assure since 2013. However, I cancelled the coverage twice in 2013 & 2014, account assure has been charging my Blair Account every month. They never cancelled my coverage so when I became totally disabled in 2016, I called them with my information & they promised to open a claim in Jan 2015. But they never did, despite numerous telephone calls to them...also they keep billing me for coverage. I've been paying the bill myself which is a hardship. I contacted Blair credit services & they told me to contact Account Assue directly which I did again today & being placed on hold over 45 minutes without speaking to a person. I finally hung up in frustration without resolution. I'll try calling them again & following up with a letter to them. I want them to refund me all the premiums they charged me & to pay my bill retroactive to my disability date & make my account current. So frustrating as I'm a senior & don't know what else to do to get this company to pay.

De
Jan 30, 2017

Comments

Feb 23, 2018

You may try filing a complaint with Consumers Financial Protection Bureau. Or if you have local news channels with some sort of Consumers Advocates that get down to the matter of things. That may be helpful. I too am basically in same situation. Wish You luck!