Acai berry free trial / scammed

1 WA, United States Review updated:

You are all correct. I did call and get the $29.95 refunded and cancelled the 89.51 orders. Yes, this info was in the fine print. My bad. I am told the supplements are on the way. Cancel the fit-fac by calling [protected] and call [protected] to cancel ALL OTHER OFFERS associated with this scam.

Peace

Na

More Acai berry free trial Complaints & Reviews

Comments

20th of Nov, 2008

I see many Acai berry complaints come through this website everyday! I hate that so many people are being mislead. I say mislead and not scammed because, as you said, it is in the fine print. People see the pictures, read the reviews, and love the "special offer" but they never read the fine print. Remember the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"? I wish people had done their "Complaints Board homework" before making the decision to purchase things like this.

• Di
      20th of Nov, 2008

they never answer the phone so you can complain or get the facts from them. never order from them without reading fine fine fine print which is not the way to do bussiness.

• Ta
      21st of Nov, 2008

central cost nutra, acaipure, has charge my account three times 44.85, 39.98, 44.90 I have only receved the free trial I have been unable to reach them by phone.

• Am
      21st of Nov, 2008

This company is soo bogus!! Im being charged $44 fro a FREE trial of acaia berry!! this is bull ### and i want my money back!! I hope you know that the better business buieral is being notified!!!

• Ks
      21st of Feb, 2009

I ordered Nature's Best from the Internet and did not see any info on the web site regarding a charge of $79 + if I did not cancel within 15 days of ordering and that is from the day it is mailed. I did receive - but have yet to try. Then I notice the charge on my credit card statement. I was in shock to say the least. DID I pay $80 + for the one bottle!!! I called a customer service number and did talk to a person that said there are no refunds. By the time the call was complete - I had to cancel three additional items that were also going to be charged and had no idea what they are??? Truely this is a scam and something must be done to stop this activity. It says FREE - just pay shipping and handling. The paperwork I received said nothing about the 15 days or any additional charges. This really hurts me right now!

• Re
      26th of Feb, 2009

also happened to me just 2 weeks ago. I am trying to call but cant find the number. I had ordered the free trial and ended up with a 92.00 charge on my bank statement. when i called they told me since 15 days had passed they could not refund my money. I was so mad I send the pills back without opening the package. I had ordered the pills that have a red label with something that look like fireworks or something in the middle of the bottle. I also ended up with a 29.00 charge for some kind of lifestyle web site that i did not order. when i called the number to that site they told me i had automatically ordered it when i did the supposedly free trial crap. I am starting to think that the same owner might be behind several of these scams only different labels to the bottles.

• Lo
      8th of Apr, 2009

I fell for the "free trial" offer by ADVANCED WELLNESS RESEARCH INC. I paid the shipping. I know nothing is free, but I figured $4.95 pays for the shipping and 14 tablets. My free 14 trial offer was a bottle of 60 tablets and a $78.81 charge on my credit card! I called 19 days after my order to cancel. They said they would cancel it. They didn't. 31 days later when I got my second credit card bill, I called a second time. They said it was more than 30 days past due I had not called within 14 days to cancel. They insisted that the terms are very clear. The terms are not clear. Any reputable company would work with a customer. This is NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY. I guess they'll get $80.00 of each customer, one time, then close up shop.

20th of May, 2009

I am complaining about both the Acai Berry free trail Scam and the colon cleanse free trial scam! I have still not received any product but am being charged per month and i am shocked by this scam. I have emailed, called and still no reply. In this current economy it is shocking that this is going on! I am now investing it through my bank who are working with a fraud team investigating these thins but it is a huge stress and waste of time!

21st of May, 2009

Let's add one more complaint here regarding the idiots who actually try to collect on these scams. Name to look out for... KATIE COLAPOINTE. This idiot sends emails and makes phone calls to try to "explain" how you are wrong and she is right. People, hang up on this foolish idiot. I just caught her in a HUGE lie... she stated that the free 2 week trial is always an order of 60 capsules for a 30 day supply as THEY DON'T MAKE ANYTHING UNDER 60 CAPSULES!!! Meaning that you only intended to order a 14 day supply but they deliberatley and knowingly sent a 30 day supply without your permission because that is all they make. They don't even MAKE A 30 DAY SUPPLY!!! You all know what this means? They deliberately send more than you order and then try to use the fine print to justify why you're getting charged more and I have the email from KATIE COLAPOINTE, keep reading, in her own words and with her full name on it to prove that's what they do!!! I actually have her admitting to the fraud in her own words on her email address with her full name!!! Not only that, but on my voicemails, she said she is with a collection agency... In this email, she says that she is forwarding my refusal to pay for something I didn't order or receive TO A COLLECTION AGENCY!!! Another absolute and deliberate lie!!! Read this and keep this admission of fraud for your own defense: "Apparently you are quite confused ma’am we do not make anything other than bottles with 60 capsules. If you would listen to me instead of insisting on being right & proving me wrong I would be more than happy to provide all the information to you. The simple fact is you placed the order and YOU aren’t not willing to take accountability & responsibility for your own actions!. I will go ahead & forward your account to the third party collection agency & you can deal with them & your report." once again, the name is KATIE COLAPOINTE. Her email address is: katie@getorderhelp.com

21st of May, 2009

Oh yea, KATIE COLAPOINTE phone number in case you all see it come up on your phones you'll be forewarned... 602-299-5321 Don't worry, KATIE COLAPOINTE has been notified that all of this information has been published here and I provided the link for her to see it for herself. And for the company she works for to see her spill the beans on their fraud.

21st of May, 2009

Ooops!! They don't even make a "14" day supply. My bad!

• Sl
      21st of May, 2009

unfortunately i just wen back to the links that they provide to you in the email that you just blasted on the net and it clearly states a "1 mo supply for try risk free for 14 day" Ma'am you should really get your head out of you rear and read the terms and conditions on websites before you go giving your credit card information. Heck you have to AGREE TO T&C to arder a pizza online WATCH OUT PIZZA HUT THIS LADY WILL TRY TO SCAM YOU THEN SLANDER YOU

21st of May, 2009

What if you don't order a Pizza online??? Slanderjammer... Are you related to katie or her friend??? Co-Worker maybe??? You'll need to get YOUR head out of YOUR rear! Call it false advertising or whatever you want. But it all spells fraud. She is also under the impression that complaining about her and her antics is slander and all of you who are complaining are guilty of it. I guess she's not aware of "Freedom of Speech". so if you all complain, you will be threatened with being sued... For quoting her exact word through copy and paste... From her own email.

Here are Katie's latest threats...

Ok we have all your information as well ma’am. So no you have a lovely day!!!
    Oh and by the way I don’t work for acai berry that is a completely separate company with no affiliation to us what so ever!

Also, my attorney advised me to let you know you will be hearing from him soon for slander since you obviously did not read the terms & conditions as I asked you to do 4 times & all the information you posted on the net is false & inaccurate. I have forwarded my attorney the blog you posted as well as our voicemails I saved & our emails, along with your name, address, PO Box phone number, and your ip address.
    Ok ma’am you & Melbyn will be hearing from my attorney

And here is Katie's company info...

Katie Colapointe
    CCN COLLLECTIONS DEPT.
    2375 E. CAMELBACK ROAD
    5TH FLOOR
    PHOENIX, AZ 85016
    DIRECT LINE: (602) 299-5321

22nd of May, 2009

Okay everyone, here's the latest...

I received an email today from someone who claimed to be the AOL Security and Billing Team asking me for all of my billing information, Social Security Number, address, phone number and credit card information. Anyone who knows anything about AOL knows they NEVER do this. Besides, I also know that all of my current billing info with them is correct and funtioning properly and I've NEVER before this EVER received an email like this. What a coincidence!!! So I contacted AOL Security and told them about the whole "collections" thing and the complaints I posted yesterday and told them that there definitely IS someone interrested in getting my financial and personal info who wrote me on the very same email account that I received the request for all of my info!!! So, per their instruction, I reported every single email to them and all of the information for KATIE COLAPOINTE and her company and they are now tracing the IP address, location, and email account that the suspicious email was sent from. They also assured me that all apporpriate action would be taken and that IF ( KATIE, I said IF ) it turns out to have come from KATIE COLAPOINTE and/or anyone associated with her or her company, they will forward the information to me for possible criminal prosecution and/or litigation. If it does turn out that this suspicious email is linked in any way to KATIE COLAPOINTE or her company, I will be more than happy to provide any information to any other customer who is being treated in the same manner by KATIE or her company, free of charge. Any further suspicious activity that I feel may be linked to KATIE or her company, will be reported. I urge anyone who may going through all of this with them to be diligent in protecting your rights and your information.

If you would like to request any information, please post here and I will be checking it to see if I can help anyone else who may be going through this with these people.

28th of May, 2009

hey MMladyt you are the idiot! Are you that immature that you have to sit here and bash some girl because she works for a company that you say scammed you? People get scammed everyday, and you don't see them putting that EMPLOYEE on blast. If I were you I would get a life or a job because itseems as if you don't have a life because you leave these comments and no one really gives a crap about it.

• Kr
      28th of Sep, 2009

When you get ahold of the customer service (AFTER 15 minute hold) Please, ask for SAUL his work ID is #352 - he is a superviser and he will do the refund. YOU HAVE TO THREATEN him first though;-)
    Also, contacting your CC company and disputing the charge gets there attention REALLY fast.

• Se
      12th of Feb, 2010

I am beginning to wonder. If these companies are so money hungry and more interested in forcing clients into paying for a product that they may not want, then what does this say about their ethics. Maybe their Acai Berry is not even what they claim it is either.

• Md
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Acai berry free trial - Acai Berry free trial

I had the same problems as you all do. The supposed free trial with the acai berry diet pills. Yes, a major scam. Just got off the phone with a lady that took a reaming after I looked at my credit card charge. I have some things or info. to share. There is a link I had gotten on my e-mail, it is http://www.xmorders.com/mrf I filled out this form to cancel my order. Do not put any periods she said, though you have to for your e-mail address or the form will not submit. There was this password she gave me it was the word - sorts. Her name was Mariana. You have to know the reps. name, the signature password is your name, first and last. The place to return your orders is 3609 N. 79th Avenue, Hollywood, Fl. 33020. She of course informed me that they would credit my card, the 87.?? amount, but only getting forty something back, there is a restocking fee of forty something dollars, another way they rip off your money. Good Luck if you need to, get your bank or other credit card number to cancel your number and get a new one, that is the best way to get rid of this scam.