Acai Berry Edge / Fraudelant business practices

1 San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:

Nothing in Life is Free! It was supposed to be a FREE sample, just paying the shipping. The fine print says it's a trial offer, and you are charged $79.90 after the trial offer AND you get automatic shipping of future products. When the charge show up on your credit card, they won't accept the return and no credit. You wait a long time to talk to customer service, because there are so many complaints, and all you hear is "Sorry, there's nothing I can do."

The product doesn't work and this company is terrible. They have a "Sister Company" from whom I received credit card charges for nothing! I'd like to shut them down. Class Action Suit anyone?

Sa

Comments

• Mo
      8th of Mar, 2009

I just received my shipment yesterday and realized that it is set up on automatic billing which I DID NOT authorize! I have emailed them and am giving them just a few days to respond before I cancel my credit card to prevent them from charging it. What a scam!!!

11th of Mar, 2009

Be very careful with this company. For my Free trial I was charged the following charges. 1. $85.91 from Achi berry. 2. 69.95 from Bromolite twice!! 3. 79.96 from Achi berry. 4. 2.95 from cost master. 5. 29.95 from fit factory. 6. 4.99 from Achi berrty for free trial. 7. 4.95 from Bromolite for free trial. This was a total of 8 charges to my credit card!!! The grand total is $348.61. When I told them that I would dispute credit card charges they agreed to credit some of the charges. I took the confirmation numbers. But, disputed anyway!! I have a email confirmation that they sent me a number back saying my auto ship was cancelled. This was befor the 1st charge was done. I would have never known but they sent another bottle. I am terrible and do not review the transactions on my credit card! BEWARE!!! Review your statements. My credit card company told me they are a fraudulant merchant and are black listed and credited my credit card. They also changed my credit card number due to my credit card info being compromized! Call your credit card company on this company!! They will help you. Capital One said that they have alot of customers that this has happened to. This took me a couple of hours to research with my credit card company and get a new number ect... But, i am at ease that this Fraudulant blacklisted company can not charge me any more money.

19th of Mar, 2009

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!
    STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!!!

I wished I had read this before I signed up. I did not lose an ounce and now am being charged! Now I am worried what was really in the pills. I should have been smarter with anything that is ingested.
    I hope no one else falls for this and hope this company gets SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY.
    It not only gives false hope but at a hefty price of over $80, simply AMAZING. I guess only in America can these scamming companies stay open. What ever happens to FDA cracking down on these companies? I will research to see how someone can file a complaint against this scamming company and determine what really is in those USELESS pills that smells!!
    People...Be very AWARE and Stay away from Acai Berry Edge, you will waste your time and money and save yourself the irritation and frustration of having to deal with them because you won't get your money back!!!
    STAY AWAY AT ALL COST!

• Su
      16th of Apr, 2009

I agree with all the comments above. I received my shipment today and realized I would be billed $79.90 on 4-28-09. So much for a 21 day free trial. I assumed you only had to pay $3.95 and could order more if you wanted to. Needless to say I called immediately and got a return notification number and will be sending this product back ASAP and getting a confirmation number for receipt. Hopefully, I don't have any trouble with further billing or I know my spouse will be really ticked off.

• Gn
      7th of Jun, 2009

To: CHGOGID

Upon further research, it seems like you were refunded back on March 25th. If you are still unsatisfied please contact us.

Have a great day.

Supervisor at GNS

• Gn
      8th of Jun, 2009

To: SA Rose

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. Our promotion is for a free 21 day trial, not a sample. Below you will find the terms and conditions of our offer. Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 so we can gladly assist you and possible offer you a refund. We are here from 7am to 10pm MDT and Sat and Sun from 8am to 5pm MDT.

Sincerely,

Supervisor at GNS

Acai Berry Edge 21 day trial

Here are the terms and conditions that all of our customers must agree to when placing an order with us:

Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.

When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).

Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

• It
      18th of Jan, 2010

Without any shadow of doubt the entire Acai Berry scheme is a SCAM!