Acai Berry Edge Nutralane / Scam on free offer-charged me for something I didn't order

Saw the free offer for Acai Berry Edge to help lose weight and cleanse your body of toxins, etc. I should have done a search BEFORE I ordered this free offer. If I had done so, I would have steered clear of it!!! The old adage, there is NOTHING free in this world, it always costs you something.
The free offer should have cost $3.97 for postage, then they offer you additional bottles for x amount of dollars, I kept clicking on "No thanks" and then they offered a product called Carb Matrix, again I clicked on "No thanks" several times, it was a buy 2 get 1 free offer and I kept clicking "Ho thanks".
Then instead of giving you a chance to review your order, you get a page showing your order is already processed and submitted. No way to back out, so they think. I did get an email from NutraLane showing my free offer would cost $63.91. I sent them an email asking that they please cancel this order as I didn't order the products. Of course, a while later the email comes back, no such email address.
I called my credit card bank, and they said they are receiving a LOT of calls on NutraLane or GNS on this same complaint. They also said, NutraLane is collecting all info on my credit card, etc. to start ID Theft.
YIKES!!! all on an innocent free offer on an Acai Berry product that is really supposed to work.
BEWARE!!! Do a Google search before you fall for this free offer scam.

Gr

Comments

• Li
      7th of May, 2009

I also thought I was getting a "free sample" when I order Acai Berry from Nutralane Vitamins. However without my permission they dedcuted $79 from my bank account, caused me to go negative and then I got a $35 over draft fee from my bank. I called them up and basically they told me to shut up. They said it was called out in the T&C's which is 5 pages of legal gibberish that no one ever reads. I will never purchase from them again. And because of the Acai Berry product I was rushed to the hospital with a severe attack of diverticulitis which I thought was going to kill me. I will never purchase anything on-line ever again. Everyone is just looking to make a $$ off us poor overweight people trying to find a way to loose the weight. Is just another embarrassment for me and my weight problem .

11th of May, 2009

See here for some info about this scam:

• Sh
      12th of May, 2009

I also was duped with this company. When I decided not to get this stuff they sent my information through without me hitting the button to approve it. So people beware of this company. Please don't input your credit card information because they will automatically send it through. I even cancelled and they still are trying to get $79. out of my account. So people PLEASE DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY...

• Ac
      22nd of May, 2009

I ordered and I started recieving severe stomach pains and constipation and also I wanted to cancel because it says that u can and when I tried it says that there is noone to contact and no one would e- mail me back.

• Ka
      22nd of May, 2009

I was getting a "free sample" when I order. When I recieved my order, I called to cancel because I was not going to have time to try the slim Seduction before I left on vacation. I recieved a cancellation #. Upon my return from vacation my Credit card was charged $79.90 without my permission. I called them up and basically they told me "who cares". They said it was in the T&C's (which is 5 pages of legal gibberish that no one ever reads) and I should have read it. I asked why when I cancelled I wasn't told that I nneded to return the product? What happen to the free trial offer? They kept telling me "well Ma'am you should have read the terms and conditions."I will never purchase from them again and will tell everyone I can and every way I can. Everyone is just looking to make a $$ off us poor overweight people trying to find a way to loose the weight. Is just another embarrassment for me and my weight problem . I do not know how those people who work for them can look themselves in the mirrow.

• Gn
      24th of May, 2009

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. We would love to assist you. The offer it seems like you signed up for, was a free 21 day trial. It's a buy now pay later offer. Here are the terms and conditions of the offer that you must agree to place an order with us.

Free* 21-Day Trial Terms and Conditions:
    Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.
    When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).
    Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 we are here Monday through Friday from 7am to 11pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Supervisor @ GNS

• Ah
      4th of Jun, 2009

All of those individuals who made their complaints are absolutely correct about the Nurtralane GNS or whatever they are calling themselves today! The only suggestion I can make, if they haven't done it already, is to contact their credit card company and/or bank and put a stop payment on this particular company for any future charges. I understand completely regarding the terms and conditions agreement, however, when you send the product back (even paying the shipping and handling) there seems to be a problem crediting your account for the charges incurred of the product you returned. It's unfortunate that we live in such a society that preys on weak and/or desparate individuals for monetary gain!!

• Gr
      4th of Jun, 2009

Hi again: the above comment is right on!!! I called my Visa bank and they contacted NutraLane's Visa bank and today I got credit for something I didn't order NOR did I even get. Credited $63.91. Also today, I rec'd ANOTHER email saying they were once again charging me for now a 21 day free trial $89.95 and I didn't order this either. I called my Visa bank, they told me I was credited today for $63.91 and they put a TOTAL block on NutraLane for NO more charges from this company and if they do, it goes against their Visa bank agreement and they certainly wouldn't want to do that. Then they couldn't scam us innocent people who just want to live healthier and try a risk-free FREE trial. HUH!!! NEVER again!!! I've learned my lesson.
    I hope Oprah Winfrey and Rachael Ray both sue the pants of these companies for using their names illegally without their permission I hate to see all this happening BUT I think we're in for more of the same!!!

• Gn
      7th of Jun, 2009

To: Grace

The charges that you are referring to don't sound like familiar charges of ours. Our trial offers are usually $79.90 and our autoshipments are $69.90. Please ensure that the charges you were charged for are from us. If you feel like you were billed for something that you did not order, please call us so we can rectify the situation. We will gladly assist you and help you, if you call us. We can't refund you or assist you, if you don't contact us and allow us to help you.

Hope to hear from you soon. Our number is 1800-595-4670, we are here Monday through Friday from 7am to 10pm MDT and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm MDT.

Supervisor

• Gr
      8th of Jun, 2009

The first charge was for $63.91 NutraLane EdgeElite services and I got credit for that one. And the second was $79.90 - I wrote the wrong amount. But nevertheless, whatever you are calling yourselves, or which sister companies you are using, both charges say NutraLane Edge Elite services, and it does no good to call you on that same number-I already did the first time and you charged me the second time for another charge which I did not make.
    Chase Bank gave me credit for both amounts and your Visa bank will be charged for that amount. I am not calling you again, as it does no good!!! I would hope that there will NOT be a 3rd charge!!
    I never got either one of the supposed orders and I don't want them after you pulled this kind of thing on me. I can live without it, thank you.

• Cl
      11th of Jun, 2009

My experience was the same as above. I do not know how they get away with this. I have tried to send an email, visit their website online to no avail. What a rip off

• Nu
      28th of Jun, 2009

To: Liz Sharer

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. It sounds like you were not properly taken care of at that time. We deeply apologize for the experience you had with us. The order you placed for was a buy now, pay later offer not a free sample with autoshipments every 45 days. The pay later is usually 21 days after the purchase date. Please be aware that if the products are not sent back to us, you are liable for the $79.90 charge as our terms and conditions state at the bottom of the webpage however ALL of our orders come with a money back guarantee. Our records show that you were fully refunded $79.90 on May 13th please contact us if there is anything else we can assist with.

Our number is 1-877-242-1376. We are here Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm MDT and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Supervisor at Nutra Lane

• Be
      28th of Jul, 2009

This place is SUCH a fraud. I just got off the phone with Hostile Monica and Steven (sp?).

I called in about a week ago (before my trial ended) and asked them how to avoid being charged for the product which I decided that did not want. They gave me the Return # and I was told to return the product BY 7/26 so as not to be charged. The representative I spoke to then told specifically to make sure I got a tracking number so I could confirm when the product was received, as that was an issue in the past. He told me that I could get a refund up until 8/26. He told me to empty a bottle and sent it and the other one back. I really didn’t want the product, but I did empty a bottle to make the shipping less.

I sent the bottles overnight, guaranteed next day delivery by noon. I tracked my packaged and saw that it was delivered on 7/25 at 10:49 AM and signed for by Z. Joslin. I check my account today 7/28 and see that I was charged $79.90 on 7/27.

I called and spoke to Lindsay (sp?) and she said that the refund was issued today - though it wasn't showing up at my bank, it may take up to 48 hours. She said that I should not have been changed that is why the funds were returned.

I call my back to see if the funds were showing as pending, they were not. I called Nutralane back.

I spoke to Monica, who was hostile because I would not let her just feed me the canned response, I wanted an answer to the question, why was I told that if they received it BY 7/26 I WOULD NOT be charged, not I would be charged and refunded. She stated that she did not know why I was told that as it isn't correct, that they have to process the return. She then went on to read me the return policy stating that refunds would be issued up to 30 days from date of receipt and it can take 5 business days to process the refund, that is from the 2 business days that it take to process returns. The 5 business days also contradicts what Lindsay told me a regarding the 48 hours.

Monica read me the T&C regarding the timeframes, but that still did not answer the question as WHY I was changed when I was told I wouldn’t be.

I asked to speak to her supervisor because she kept talking over me and was getting agitated and short. Just because she is giving me a canned response and she cannot vary from that, doesn’t mean I have to accept it. I spoke with Steven for probably 45 seconds; he kept insisting that 1 person would not go against company protocol and promise me that if the package was received by the 26th, I would not be charged.

I believe I asked Monica and Steven (it may have been only Monica though) to pull the call (7/13) but I was told no.

I understand that they need to process the return, and I also understand that it takes time to process refunds, that does not change the fact that I was told if they receive it (not process it) by the 26th of July I would not be change.

3rd of Aug, 2009

Yes, I had the same problem. They got my cash card, my credit card, and they are also trying to get creditors after me. My credit score is 941 and they will mess it up for sure. I have several disputes with these companies, Bank of America knows all about these companies, and they told me more than I knew about them. Unbelievable. All the paperwork, the returns, the money I spent, and for what? The products don't work, and they do give you a bad case of diarreah, stomach pains and dizziness. Do not fall for this, as I did. PAB

• Lo
      24th of Aug, 2009

Hi I'm Lorna
    I would like to add my experience to all the other complaints and concern that's out there about this company is that the way they conduct business is very unethical and abusive the costumers who are shopping for good deals. I am a victim of this circumstance, I went on the site to check out the blog because it came up on my page, I try to view the details of the product but I needed to go on and enter my card info, but click no thank to exit before the any final sale, now I'm scam with a 79.90 charge on my account for what I don't know. I try emailing the company and I receive an error invalid email address, I also try calling no answer I leave them a message with my contact phone# and no one called back. I contact my bank about this company scam and request an investigation into this matter because I never request or place an order with this company for any supplies or products. I plan to print all these complaints and mail it to the attorney General office. Have any one try contacting the better business bureau.

• Ni
      8th of Sep, 2009

I have the same complaints about this company. I ordered the trial, but didn't receive it. However, I was charged 79.90 on my bank card. I notified the company and was told I had to accept a shipment of this product by signature before they could refund my money. After accepting the product I was to return it to them; (at my expense of course) however, before I could sign for the shipment and get it returned I was charged again in the amount of 83.86. WTH! With all of that being said I am out 164.00 and with nothing to show for it. After speaking with them today, they said my account was mistakenly charged because the rep didn't cancel my subscription. Mistake my butt. I wonder would it be called a mistake, if this amount of money was coming out of the account or check. Ok, correct me if I am wrong or am I the crazy one. This is a scam. They count on ppl not paying attention to their accounts. The world is in a recession. I don't think anyone wants to pay for something they haven't received. What part about I don't want this product is hard to understand? If I am complaining about the first charge why would u charge me again 14 days later. Also, who in their right mind would pay 164.00 in less then 14 days for diet pills when they haven't tried one pill.

Nicky

• Fo
      28th of Oct, 2009

To Nutra Lane Supervisior:

It appears there are different numbers being left for customer to call. And also "please call us so we can recitify the situation" -- ummm why don't you give them your name and a direct line number to call? When the call they will get the front line reps that will tell them the same thing the last rep did. They do not need call center help, they need corporate help.

Having "inside" working knowledge of this company and their procedures (I did quit because my ethics would not let me continue) - I can promise you, if you do not send back the product with a return receipt, UPS or delivery confirmation --- you WILL be told it never arrived. I spoke to more customers than I can count and the only orders we never "received" were the ones sent through regular mail. Odd - the postal service can lose soooo many packages to the same address.

BUYER BEWARE!!! No company gives away FREE product for such a low price. There is always a catch or as they would like to sat "Terms and Conditions".

• Sm
      8th of Nov, 2009

This is such a run for money, , , I was just looking for something to try to keep me healthy. I have 2 companies billing my credit cards Nutralane and Res Health V The pills do not work, make me sick and the stress is making me feel 10 yrs older. The packing slips with the pills have no way of contacting these people. That was my first clue that this was a money making scam. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop these people from billing my credit cards and ruining my credit? I am about to start legal action. Any suggestions???

Sincerely

smckee54

• Nu
      19th of Nov, 2009

To: smckee54,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact us at 1-877-242-1376 and we will gladly address your concerns and resolve this issue.

Supervisor