ABSA / absa customer abuse

1 South Africa

I have ABSA Cheque account with a overdraft facility of R2000. This overdraft has NEVER been unpaid for more than 20 days. It has happened on occassion that a debit order goes through in a difficult time of the month, then obvioustly the bank turns it down and bills me for more than R100 per transaction, understandable. Going R84 over the overdraft caused me to recieve a letter from absa stating the following: "Indien ons weer `n trekking moet weier weens onvoldoende fondse, sal ons eis dat die uitstaande saldo op u rekening onmiddelik betaal, en die rekening gesluit word". Upon calling Mr. Pretorius on [protected], he told me that incidents like this caused them a lot of work. He also stated that oh, he is willing to keep te account open. DONT DO ME ANY FAVOURS MR PRETORIUS. I state the following:

* I do not ask favours from ABSA, I pay for every transaction, it is a SERVICE they render. Apparently, they dont need my business, I am too much of a effort for them. Which is incredibly arrogant.
* They have never struggled to get payments, I earn almost R 30000 per month, and I pay ANY outstanding amounts Immediately.

This kind of "abuse" just shows the Arrogance of ABSA - in saying they dont need my business. Which is fine but I WONT tolerate ABUSE.

Le