ABSA Bank / cheque account

Pretoria, ZA

To whom it may concern
I applied for an absa gold cheque account on the 2nd feb 2017, I went to the branch on the 2nd march to activate it, in the interim I was given an employment offer overseas and have to close all my accounts before I go, I went to your branch in the grovel mall and was informed that they are offline, I went to silverton just to be told I owe absa r50, this does not make sense at all as this account is only 7 days old and the lady was so sarcastic, making fun of me saying things like, "did you really think we do all the admin for free?, oh wow! How then do you think this business is isustained? When I told her, I will be taking this to the consumer tights commission, she laughed at me.. My problem is not even the money, it is the fact that no one told me about it and this means I wuld have been debited the r50 without being told in advance?
I am highly frutrated, but the point is, I am leaving, so I needed to do the right thing by closing the account so that it does not accummulate charges over months, but could not be helped.
I am an fnb client, I have never experience this kind of frustrations from them, the reason why I wanted to move to absa was for convenient as my husband is a business account holder
My acc:[protected], my cellphone [protected]

If this is not sorted, I will just go the banking ombudsman, as they are in the same building as my employer.

I hope that my query will be resolved amicably

Nt