[Resolved] ABC Financial Services / retro lumberton nj

5 Lumberton, NJ, United States

I came in person to cancel my month to month membership back in the spring. When I cancelled I confirmed with staff (at the location in lumberton nj) that my membership was over and I would only be billed one more time to finished out the current month. I have still been charged for this account that I cancelled and was no longer using. I tried to contact the manager several times, I was always told he would call back and he never did. I eventually went into the location in august to speak to him and he was not there. I was told again I would get a call back and waited almost 2 weeks for a reply. He tried to tell me that I must have signed a yearly membership (I did not and confirmed I did not when I cancelled) and I had to be billed until november. They had a crazy difficult time even finding my account and I believe that a mistake was made either when I signed up and/or they realized they made a mistake and are trying to put it back on me. After realizing this was a bigger issue called my bank/credit card customer service and was told not to give out my new billing info and since then they have reimbursed me for several months of charges from retro.

Today I received an email stating that if I did not give my new card info "action would be taken". I called my bank/customer service again today and was told by a rep named sharon not to give my info and that I was not responsible to continue to pay for a service I was no longer using.

I have not entered this gym since early spring and will not ever again. I did not sign a yearly membership; I would never have signed a yearly membership for this exact reason. I signed up for a month to month membership. As stated I confirmed several times that I did so when I signed up and when I cancelled.

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Oct 10, 2018

Hello

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.[protected]@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Cherette Tyler-Clegg