Aamco / left my transmission 2 quarts low

1 Prescott Valley, AZ, United States Review updated:

I took my 2002 Explorer to AAMCO for a transmission fluid change on 2-18-09. Soon afterward, I found the transmission would disengage on a hard stop. I took the car back on 4-22-09 to check on what the problem may be, and AAMCO Customer Service Manager David Migdol told me to come back later in the afternoon. As my free time is extremely limited, I took the car to another certified repair shop, and they found the transmission fluid to be 2 quarts low!!! How can that be? My car does not leak a drop of anything. After paying $48.64 for the solution to the problem (the car runs great now) I went back to Mr. Migdol, and I was practically accused of lying. He told me he would give me an unspecified discount on some other service, but I do not trust AAMCO to do a proper job anymore. What is my recourse for reimbursement of the $48.64 spent on repairing my car correctly? Who knows what damage was done to my transmission after driving two months with low fluid. I am quite upset and disappointed.

Comments

• Qu
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Personally I think $46.00 and change is a cheap lesson and by the way did you at least learn how to check your fluid? As it would have cost you less than $6.oo to add the two quarts yourself...The more you learn ...the less you get screwed :)

• Qu
      2nd of Mar, 2010

oop's 48.00 and change

• Ra
      27th of Jun, 2011

I took my car in for an oil change, and they called to tell me there was 4 different things wrong with the car. Took to another mechanic and found out it was not so. There was oil all over under the hood. Not even sure if they even changed the oil.