A & E Appliance Repair / horid customer service

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I have never wrote or published a complaint about anybody or any company online I suppose there is a first for everything. Heed my warning - do not ever use a & e appliance repair!!! I feel terrible for the employees of the company that are trying to do the right thing, but unfortunately this company is a cesspool of miserable customer service reps. These folks are given a script (Likely based in india) and they do not have answers beyond that one page in front of them. I called three times and I was told that I will not have to pay any additional labor costs beyond the $130 initial diagnosis. Mr. Repairman shows up today and starts throwing out $50 for this, $65 for that... And so on. My wife complained to him, he calls his boss, and unfortunately this is some "new policy". He tells my wife to call customer service and complain and she told him to call customer service! He did, waited on hold (With the worst hold music ever created) , and ended up hanging up after 10 minutes. Kudos to my wife for throwing him out of the house. I'll take my $130 loss, try to sell the new transmission from maytag on ebay, and chalk it up to a bad experience. Maytag/whirlpool should also be embarrassed for trotting out this atrocious warranty support team. I suppose samsung, lg, bosch are eating their lunch and this is what we are left with. In closing, when you call maytag/whirlpool and you get directed to a & e through the automated prompts, hang up the phone and find an alternative repair company. You will sleep easier at night knowing that you didn't have to deal with the ### called a & e service repair company.

Go
Jun 6, 2013

Comments

• Ca
      15th of Dec, 2014

I called A&E warranty service Nov 26 did not see a service man until Dec 11 for my only refrigerator we live over an hour from Big town where I could rent one. when service man came he ordered parts which I received today Dec 15. but they gave me the earliest date they will be back is Dec 30. Can you believe with a service agreement I will be without refrigerator for over a month. Never again will I recommend or use A & E. And I am totally sure they don't care because they have my money until July 2016