7-11 Gas Station - Post Road in Indianapolis, Indiana / bad gas problem!

2-5 United States Review updated:

I purchased fuel from the 7-11 gas station on post road in indianapolis, indiana back in october 2005 while on my way to new york. I put about 13 gallons of gas in my 2004 isuzu rodeo, bought some refreshments and got back on the interstate. Less than 3 miles down the road my car began to lurch and billow thick clouds of white smoke out of the exhaust. I nursed my vehicle to the next exit and stopped at a shell station where my vehicle died and would not start again. Luckily there was an advanced auto parts store nearby and travis was of superb assistance. He quickly diagnosed the problem as being bad gas and recommended heet water remover and lucas fuel additive. After some time and two bottles of heet, one bottle of octane booster, and a small bottle of lucas fuel treatment, it started up again. Still smoking like crazy. We drove down to the advanced auto parts store and purchased another bottle of heet. Travis tried to find us a fuel filter, but they didn't carry one that would fit my truck, but advised there was an auto zone in greenfield which was on our way. My truck barely drove at 40mph on the interstate and everyone behind us backed off because of all the smoke. By the time we reached greenfield, auto zone was closed and we had depleted an entire tank of gas (In 42 miles). We pulled into the wal mart super center parking lot and went in to finda fuel filter and something to drain the remaining contents of our tank into. After 5 or 6 different fuel filters we gave up for finding one, but bought a dishpan and drained the contents of the fuel tank. What came out was nothing short of sludge. It looked like bloody diahrrea. The next morning at daybreak we walked to the auto zone and they had the right fuel filter, or so we thought, until we got back to my rodeo. Apparently there is a huge difference between the regular 3.2 liter and the 3.5 direct injection motor that I have. To make a long story short, I have accumulated several repair bills since, including catalytic converters, fuel pumps and lines, injectors (5 went bad), and now the motor has completely seized from the crystallization of the seals from the contaminants. All together the total is just over $14,000 and john reinartz from arthur j. Gallagher risk management thought it to be funny to offer me the $34.21 for the bad tank of gas and call it even. If anyone else has had a similar problem with fuel from any of the gas stations in indianapolis, please contact me by email. I am a professional investigator and intend to lodge a major complaint, if not a class action lawsuit, against this store. I will respond to all inquiries or complaints.

• Mr bashir Thompson's Response, Oct 08, 2017

I went to the 7 eleven in Bloomfield nj to buy cigarettes and the lady be hind the counter slammed the cigarettes and the matches on the counter and Did not give it to me in my had I will never go there anymore

• Aurele durand's Response, Nov 08, 2017

I went to 7 eleven to buy gas . I asked for 30 dollars of prepaid gas but I used only around 20 dollars . They charged me of 30 dollars instead of 20 dollars . What can I do ?
    Thanks

• Lbcsjb's Response, Dec 27, 2017

Bad product. Could not eat. To much salt.

• Luis2534's Response, Jul 11, 2018

Clean store good food

• Charlene Seymore's Response, Jul 17, 2018

He spoke to me like a dog and I felt very disrespected as a woman in front of my children. This isn’t the first incident I’ve had but I finally had enough and decided to do something about it because it’s npt okay. A customer is suppose to be treated kindly when spending their money.

Comments

7th of Sep, 2007

I've always gottn gas from there, never had any problems.

• Ro
      11th of Sep, 2008

Oh my God, Now I think I know what the heck is wrong wit my ride. I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan in which i normally use Shell gas, but this one particular morning, the 711 (which recently changed the day before from XtraMart) had a sale of gas for $3.39 a gallon. Well I thought it was a good deal because my beloved Shell station was advertising $3.64.. Anyway, i put $20 gas in my van, just enough to make it home and got the shock of my life. I have never had any trouble with my van before, or EVER! But after I left the 711 gas station and while in heavy traffic, my van was smoking like a crackhead's bong! My van has been at the dealer for two days now and as dealers do, they said everything was wrong wit my van including bad gas. I didnt believe them @1st, but now I do.. Add my name to the complaint list.. It was the 711 gas station at the corner of Maryland Rte 2 and Mayo road in Edgewater Maryland...

• Ka
      17th of Feb, 2016

I just had this happen to me. I live in Central Florida and drive a 2012 Nissan Sentra. I've never had any problems. I get regular oil changes. I filled up about a week ago at the 7-11 by our house, like usual. But on my way home from school my car just died. I luckily got off to the side before it really died. Took it in to the dealership and they said it was bad gas. I couldn't believe it. They even saved it in a bottle for us to have. It was almost all water. (I had about half a tank left from the fill up) I'm not sure what to do. Should I contact 7-11 or what? I have all the proof I got gas from there. I'm a hard working college student. I'm already out 500 dollars and I need new spark plugs as well now.

• 7e
      11th of Mar, 2017

WOW AND OMG
    So it seems this is more than just an isolated incident with the 7-Eleven gas.
    My daughter had a brand new 2016 Kia forte car that broke down on her way to work only two weeks after she purchased it.
    She called me to pick her up on my way to pick her up from the dealership my car died.
    Did I mention that WE BOTH GET OUR GAS FROM THE SAME 7 ELEVEN very close to our house.
    The dealership informed y daughter that there was something very bad in the gasoline that caused the motor to shut down.
    Her car was fixed by the dealership as a courtesy because she just purchased the vehicle.
    My car a 2003 miata was not able to be repaired the motor seized up.
    I also found a slushy substance in the gas tank and a corrosive powdery substance around the fuel pump.
    I have contacted the 711 Insurance Company they were very indifferent.
    They Informed me they are still investigating it is been a month that I have been without a car.
    I have taken UBER and have had to rent a car to get to school and work.
    I informed the insurance company of this when I called them today to see if there was any update on my case.
    She told me I should mitigate my damages the best way I can while they investigate.
    Well thank you I already knew that !
    I have done a little investigating myself and found that this is not isolated to the state of Florida.
    I have seen some articles about Texas and Oklahoma and other parts of Florida.
    All of them are claims of bad gas from 7-Eleven and stories of vehicles being severely damaged with costly repairs or destroyed.
    The news stations in Central Florida that covered stories on 7-Eleven bad gas situation were Channel 2 news and channel 9 news.
    I contacted Channel 2 news today just waiting on a reply.
    Anyone who has had this issue should contact them I contact the Channel 2 News today and I am waiting on a reply.
    In the meantime I am without a vehicle waiting on 711 Insurance Company to twiddle their thumbs and decide there is a way that can get out of paying me any damages for my car.
    I agree with the gentleman from Indiana who started this forum. I think that people need to get together on this because trying to deal with them on a one-to-one basis for my experience is not very productive.
    I'm leaving my emai. If anyone has had a similar experience please contact me at nanmon77@gmail.com.
    I would love to hear from the guy from Indiana who started this forum.

• To
      13th of Aug, 2018
    7-Eleven - 24 hours
    Malaysia

Isn't 7-11 24 hours?
    I been waited outside one of the store for more than half and hours with the store closed from inside..
    No staff entertained me at all for the pass hour..
    I guess the staff is slping inside..
    This is reli disappointing in the middle of the night..

7-Eleven - Charging me when I scanned to use my rewards
    Shirley
    New York

The gentlemen was very rude and embarrassed me by arguing in front of customers

• Ri
    7-Eleven #32990 - Counter Service
    Pueblo
    Colorado

July 22nd, I entered the store to request my money back as air machine did not work. I informed counter person that there was no out of order sign and the response I got was "What did you do?". I asked for a refund and she said to call the company. I was so angry the manager asked me to leave. I will never patronize another 7 Eleven. Shame on you.

• Na
    7-Eleven - Cashier/checkout
    Estevan
    Saskatchewan
    Canada

Why is it that every time I come to this place I can't pay in cash. They say "we're only taking debit" like seriously all because cash out. Like maybe you shouldn't be open 24/7 then if you can't handle all kinds of payment methods.

• Lu
      15th of Aug, 2018
    7 Eleven Oakland - Very clean store ....food was very fresh and hot and great customer service....thank you for such a nice convenient store
    Oakland

And it's expired from 45 days and I found out after I ate it half

7-Eleven - Funko pop 7-eleven Deadpool exclusives
    Bayonne
    New Jersey

Hello I ordered an item from you guys from amazon and it was ship directly from you guys and was wondering if I can get a replacement

• Ka
    7-Eleven - Matcha Green Tea Latte
    Ewa Beach
    Hawaii

Throughout my last sips of latte I looked down in the cup and seen a fly! I was in joy when I seen that they had matcha green tea! Never again!

• Gi
    7-11 - Creamer
    Wahiawa
    Hawaii

I was accused of using too much creamer by a few of the employees, it's embarrassing, I do not appreciate it, and I'm thinking of obtaining a lawyer.

• Dr
    7-11 - Assistance getting access to handicapped parking
    Calgary
    Alberta
    Canada

Does the store have a responsibility to remove a customer from the store when they refuse to move their illegally parked car in the only handicapped designated spot?
    I am happy to forward the exact details of my experience that I have shared with esso and local authorities .
    May contact me by email
    Danaplenert@gmail.com

• Ra
    7-Eleven - Fuel vouchers
    Casey ACT
    Australia

Hi
    I locked the fuel price $ 1.35 .but when i filled the fuel and asked the operator to scan my lock price code he said our system is down i cant scan it. I had to pay full amount i mean the rate at that time of 95 fuel. If i have to pay the same amount then whats the benefit of lock the price????Please fix my problem .
    Regards
    Rajwinder

• Gr
      21st of Aug, 2018
    7-Eleven - Mini tacos

You're hot served mini tacos were 10 for $2 now you change them 8 for $2 why is this not worth the price now 9990 ftmyers store

• Je
      21st of Aug, 2018
    7-Eleven - I am complaining about a cashier
    Dundalk
    Maryland

I was in line and the cashier decided to take another customer before me and I said I was in line and she yelled at me

• Mo
      26th of Aug, 2018
    7-Eleven - Employers
    Culver City,

Hi my name is Moe Moe Lwin. I want to complaint of some seven eleven. One is overland ave and palms Blvd another one is Washington blvd and corner of Huron ave Culver City there store is have the many illegal employer. Can you check and control the employer

28th of Aug, 2018
    7-Eleven - I did not order dutch milk 4 pcs but placed on my receipt,it's not about money matters.Please do your job
    Salamanca poblacion makati
    Philippines

I did not order dutch milk 4 pcs but placed on my receipt, it's not about money matters.Please do your job well.
    Cashier name:Hernanie Gonzales

• Lb
      1st of Sep, 2018
    7-Eleven - Roasted and salted cashews
    Batavia, New YorkBatavia

I got a 3 oz package of cashews for Christmas. The package was 2oz. Of salt and . Yuk could not eat them. There must of been a packaging error. Best by date Sep 01 2018 code 16:52 L 25B.