7-Elevennacho cheese

P Review updated:

I went to 7 11 about a week ago and got nachos with the cheese sauce for my husband and I and when I got home we started eating them and had a few bites and had to throw them out as they tasted horrible. We thought the cheese was even possibly rotten. We were so disappointed and that is the snack we have been getting for years.
My husband decided to go back today and when he was there he tried the cheese in the store to make sure it wasn't "rotten" again. Once again it was horrible! He mentioned this to the employee who then told him that it was a corporate decision to change the cheese at all locations.
I'm really hoping that you reconsider this decision. I can guarantee you that you will be losing a lot of sales from this. We make big purchases at 7 11 but will now just be going to macs. The nachos are what brought us there very often (probably too often!)
It is very disappointing that us, along with several other people we have spoken to about this will no longer be making this purchase.

Thanks!

• Pa
    Pamela Matters Nov 12, 2020

I just got nachos and cheese today and was unaware they had changed the cheese. Threw it out as soon as I got home. It tasted horrible. I've been buying nachos and cheese there for 30+ years. Not anymore. I won't even go in there anymore.

• Di
    DianaK6 Oct 11, 2020

I have grown up on 711 nachos. It was a snack I had with my mom and a snack I have with my kids. We frequent it often. Due to covid I assumed that they had issues with suppliers or that perhaps due to cleanliness guidelines couldn't have self serve cheese. My husband came home with nachos the second he saw they brought them back, mind you he goes there multiple times a day for energy drinks. The cheese was horrible. It tastes rancid with an after taste of vomit. It is so runny and there is chunks of pepper that don't even compliment the flavor. The chili is also watery. Please bring back the original recipe for the cheese. It is nostalgic to many of us who have been eating them over 20 years. I will never purchase any nachos there again.

• Th
    ThrottleUp33 Oct 02, 2020

This new cheese is terrible and tastes like vomit. I could not finish them. The cheese was perfect before why did you change it? Now it’s runny and tastes rancid. It must have taken a while for this to become nation wide because it wasn’t until recently it got changed at my local store in CA. Please go back to the old recipe. Please

• Je
    Jessica Corbin Sep 24, 2020

The new cheese is AWFUL!!! Like many of you I’ve been eating 711 nachos for 20+ years!!! Bring the old cheese back!!! Does anyone know what brand the old cheese was!?!? I’ve done so much research and can’t find anything :(

• On
    ONorman Sep 26, 2020

@Jessica Corbin I wad thinking it was Ricos cheese they used for the longest. Well i guess it's back to making your own nachos now😭😃

• Su
    Suzanne Pleasants Lancaster Sep 24, 2020

I was sk looking forward to my 7-11 nachos. Noticed the red chunky stuff in the cheese and raised an eyebrow but thought, Maybe they're making is like a queso sauce. As soon as I took the first bite I was so disappointed! The cheese had very unpleasant taste. After a couple chips I put the lid on and thought that maybe my kids would want to eat them. They thought they tasted gross and didnt want to eat them either. So in the trash went the 7-11 nachos. Guess we will be going to Sheetz for our nachos and beverages from now on!

• Tr
    Tracy Stricklin Sep 11, 2020

I thought maybe there was just some weird shortage because of Covid. I work in a restaurant and we have been out of the craziest stuff. But after reading a few posts like this, I guess it's a permanent thing. So disappointing

• Ti
    Tim J. Wolfe Aug 13, 2020

I have been eating 7-11 nachos since the early 80s, the cheese sauce was always great, a couple of weeks ago my wife and I had a craving for their nachos. The first thing i noticed was how runny it was, with specs of peppers in it. It was awful, we threw most of them away. Hey 7-11, it wasnt broke why, did you "fix" it. Please change it back!

• Ph
    Phil White 5555555 Aug 04, 2020

In March I discovered this also. I guess I will never go back.

• To
    Tony stek Jul 08, 2020

I have been eating 7 11 nachos for many many years, I finally was able to get some because of the covid-19 crap, the cheese is by far the worst I have ever had and will never waste my money on this rancid tasting crap again, just a little bit of advice to the 7 11 executive's, don't fix it if it ain't broke

• Je
    Jeremyschu Jun 08, 2020

New cheese absolutely garbage. Was not informed of a change. It’s runny and makes me want to vomit. Then I asked if the cheese was old or went bad somehow . I was informed corporate changed the cheese . I was offered a replacement but declined as I was not hungry any more just nauseous. Hop this gets rectified as I will never have nachos or any hot dogs ever again. And those are the only reasons I frequent. Shame on corporate and not even the decency to have signage in place. Sincerely. Completely Disappointed Customer.

Comments

• Mo
    Morgan T. May 22, 2020

I hope this reaches someone who can make a change!
    I regularly (once, maybe twice per week) get my 7-11 nachos, they're my favorite. This cheese change is just a huge bummer on my life because nachos have been a huge part of my life, however sad/strange that sounds.
    It's very disappointing that my favorite snack is gone, please change it back!

• Im
    Imissnachos May 11, 2020

I hope y'all at 7-11 corporate are reading these posts! Whoever made this decision clearly didn't do any consumer research. The "new improved" recipe is a bust! Please go back to what made your product a staple amongst the consumer, the original nacho cheese.

• Ol
    Oldcheeselover Apr 15, 2020

I want my old cheese back I hate this new cheese I literally drove around Denver the last week before the change looking for each store that still had old bags I only found two an sadly there out now too this new cheese is gross

• Ml
    mlfurm Mar 13, 2020

They just made the change here in my area as well. This new cheese is horrible!!! Pretty every thing in 7-11 could be found at other stores EXCEPT for the nacho cheese. It was unique and spicy and full of flavor. This new stuff is runny, mild, and tastes like a can of chili sauce. Had to throw them out. No reason to drive the extra distance to 7-eleven anymore. Years from now when they file for bankruptcy they'll look back at this decision and realize it was the beginning of the end. So disappointing. Doubt I will set foot in 7-eleven again. And I've been loving their nachos since I was a child, 35 years ago...

• Ra
    Randall68 Mar 13, 2020

I just bought my nachos and cheese ( if you can call it cheese ) today.
    This is a Friday afternoon lunch with a hotdog and chili. I’m so disappointed with 7-11 and their piss poor decision to change the cheese.
    I did make a formal complaint with corporate but I doubt that they will change their minds.

Anthony Morrison Mar 13, 2020

You had one job and you messed it up! I used to frequent 7-11 for a couple hot dogs 2 or 3 times a week maybe more about 3 weeks ago my store changed to the new sauce and its horrible. Y'all need to fix it or ypur going to lose a lot of money. I would be happy to pay $.50-$1.00 for the old cheese sauce over this new garbage y'all have snuck into the stores. Please 7-11 listen to who keeps you in business and change it back!

• Fr
    Frustrated and disgusted Mar 09, 2020

The employee I spoke with in the store said that they were not advised of the changes, that corporate decided to change the cheese without fanfare or notice. He also said he wasn't sure if they could even order the old cheese, he believes they have 100% forced this new version on ALL their stores, nationwide.

I did get him to taste the cheese as well. He also agreed, it sucks royally. I haven't heard anyone that likes it to date. He mentioned that they had quite a few people who used to come in regularly, like I did, to get nachos or hot dogs with cheese sauce on it.

It was bad enough when they changed the chili and made it hotter, but, it was essentially the same recipe with a bit more spice in it. The cheese, oh no, that was just a disgusting mockery of what they used to carry, and a total debauchery of the cheese they used.

I guess they wanted to save cheese(and money), because it was so popular, and probably cost them a bit to use as people liked it. That said, I hope this teaches them a valuable lesson not to change it like that. After all, coke had to learn their new recipe sucked the hard way, guess 7-Eleven will need a hard lesson as well.

• Jm
    Jmeg Mar 09, 2020

I complained about the same thing to their corporate office. I am so disappointed they made this change. I mean who wants bits of bell peppers on their nachos?? And the cheese is so horribly runny! It was gross... I complained to the store associate and he had no idea what I was talking about. Does 7-11 not even tell the employees when they make a change??

• Fr
    Frustrated and disgusted Mar 08, 2020

Also just had this happen. Very disgusting cheese sauce. I would not recommend that cheap cheese they are now using. Very poor taste on their part to put that garbage in. Took me over an hour to get the horrible taste out of my mouth.

Once they lose a few hundred thousand dollars, or more, maybe they will wake up and smell the loss of earnings and fix their screw up.

• Po
    Poodlez Feb 26, 2020

I just had this happen. I was feeling nostalgic for some of their awesome nachos, so I just went to get some for lunch. The sauce is runny and awful! Hey 7-11 fix it!

• Ca
    CAB1908 Oct 21, 2019

Sorry for the typo :)
    #FreeNachoCheese

• Ca
    CAB1908 Oct 21, 2019

I have been a 7-Eleven nacho eater for over 23years. This wasn't just a tradition for me, it was literally part of my childhood. Recently they made a 7-Elevn literally walking distance from my work. I was stoked! I did what I always do, and got my nachos.

I will never forget the first bite. I instantly knew something was off. I pushed it off, and thought maybe it was a bad onion or jalapeno. Then the thought came to mind, I think it was a disgruntle employee who threw up in the cheese? That was literally how it tasted. Further inspection, you can see they added some new ingredients to my beloved cheese. With each and every bite, I was kissing my favorite snack away, the best nachos/cheese away. Sadly, this was the first time in my life I did not finish my nachos.

Weeks go by, and I say to myself, I have to figure it out. I go back and notice the cheese says "new nacho cheese", and I remember thinking, "what have they done!". Decided to go with my second go to, cream cheese jalapeno taquito with my nacho cheese. It was more apprent this time that the cheese sucks. Not only is it bad, but it is hard to eat. Could be a fear factor.

I am so disappointed, and a small part of me will keep hope they will realize they made a mistake. I am glad I am not the only one who had this issue.

#FreeNachoCheeae

• Eu
    Eunice1989 Oct 06, 2019

Same I even worked at a 711 for years and we used to sell out of nachos we used to have to change our empty cheese pouches out so much. The new cheese is disgusting

• Il
    Ilse Quinones Oct 01, 2019

I really wish 711 never changed their cheese! Literally it’s a tradition to watch movies twice a month with the family and get some nachos and chips... I guess not anymore.. the only gas station anchoas that were actually great are no more...

• Tc
    tcb1083 Jul 28, 2018

wow that really sucks. I'm in a need for nachos and cheese right now smh

JamesComyn Nov 07, 2017

Cheese tastes horrible now. Used to love having a couple of hot dogs with nacho cheese on them. Last time I threw them both out after tasting one bite. Baby vomit is an apt description of that cheese now. 7-11, get your act together!!! Do you even want my money?

• Mb
    mbunny Sep 21, 2017

I knew we couldn't be the only ones. This was almost the identical complaint email that I sent to our store. Movie night tradition for the last 15 years has included a few orders of 7-11's Nachos. Sadly, not anymore. We were in one night to pick up some hotdogs and 2 orders of nacho's for the family and settled in at home to watch our movie and enjoy our snacks when we were hit with what we thought must have been a bad batch of cheese sauce and so called our local store in the hope that we'd be able to replace or refund our food which we were obviously not going to consume. We were told that in fact it was a "new recipe" and that there was nothing they could do. When we asked why they didn't inform customers, we were simply told that it was corporate and that the stores were not given any info to inform customers. Rancid or as we called it "baby vomit" describes it well. It's disgusting and stomach turning. We were very unhappy that we were left with $20.00 dollars of garbage food. The reason i'm here though is that a friend popped in for a movie and brought some 7-11 Nacho's tonight, being polite I didn't say anything as I didn't want to ruin her food with my opinion but no less than seconds after her second bite she was running to bathroom gagging. Of course, her first thought was that the cheese was bad. We then discussed our experience and she was just as angry and rightfully so. Shame on 7-11 for not informing customers about the change in recipe on such a popular product. Anyways, after our conversation, I was curious and google brought me here in my inquiry into whether anyone else shared our thoughts on this.