2007 Honda CR-V / Defective oil seal from the factory
A defective, brand new Honda 2007 model CR-V had a defective oil seal from the factory. It was sold by Honda of Serramonte at 485 Serramonte Blvd., Colma City, CA, 94014, [protected] at 16 miles. Luckily, we did not go too far away--otherwise, the car would have stalled on the freeway when oil had been drained, would leading to an fatal accident!
We had it for only 2 hours, from 6 to 8pm. On Nov. 16, 2006, my spouse, May Choi, drove it from the dealership to dinner. After dinner, we found that a line trail of oil was coming into the garage and under the car all way to below the engine. The next morning, Nov. 17, 2006, the car was returned to dealer with a reading of 51 miles.
They cashed out our money, $22,000 and gave us a broken car. At Dealership, We were not able to reach the manager. after 45 minutes sad, angry and helplessly waiting in the dealership. We had contacted the main Honda customer office. someone came to us We felt From 10am to 1:30pm, we were frustrated and lost. We spend a lot of money on them but they did not really care about it.
We lost confidence on that car and Honda.
(1) That CR-V was made defectively.
(2) Oil was leaking out. It is a life or death matter on freeway!
(3) Originally, operation of 2007 CR-V had caused some damage. Some parts had to be replaced.
(4) It may be defective in some other parts. We were afraid to take that defective car on the road.
(5) It's not a new car any more. The leaking will affected and damaged some other parts. A lot of parts were taken apart to make repairs. Their inspections had failed before. We lost confidence on that dealership.
(6) The inspector failed to find the problem. [It was defective in factory.]
(7) The customer service was poor. On 11/17/2006, we were let waiting till. after almost an hour had passed, and the Honda main office was contacted.
(8)They were unwilling to satisfy our request [they refused to replaced it with another one]. Neither Honda and Dealership do not want to take care of us.
(9) Also They want to make profit by taking it back for less than we had pay for.
That is a wrong way to treat the customer.
Thank you for your consideration.
More 2007 Honda CR-V Complaints & Reviews
- Hero Honda Pleasure - starting problem 
- Honda Activa - Self Start and Starting Problem 
- Honda Mini Tiller / Cultivator - their CRAP 
- Hero Honda - Poor service! 
- Honda Jazz - having to buy new door locks on five year old car 
- Honda Motor - front brakes
- Honda Motor - honda city car in pakistan. late delivery. wrong commitment
- Honda Motor - manager
- Honda Motor - damaging the interior of my car after being sent for repair
- Honda Motor - quality of service provided by viva honda (vcm agencies ltd, mumbai. india) for our honda city.