2007 Honda CR-V / Defective oil seal from the factory

A defective, brand new Honda 2007 model CR-V had a defective oil seal from the factory. It was sold by Honda of Serramonte at 485 Serramonte Blvd., Colma City, CA, 94014, [protected] at 16 miles. Luckily, we did not go too far away--otherwise, the car would have stalled on the freeway when oil had been drained, would leading to an fatal accident!

We had it for only 2 hours, from 6 to 8pm. On Nov. 16, 2006, my spouse, May Choi, drove it from the dealership to dinner. After dinner, we found that a line trail of oil was coming into the garage and under the car all way to below the engine. The next morning, Nov. 17, 2006, the car was returned to dealer with a reading of 51 miles.

They cashed out our money, $22,000 and gave us a broken car. At Dealership, We were not able to reach the manager. after 45 minutes sad, angry and helplessly waiting in the dealership. We had contacted the main Honda customer office. someone came to us We felt From 10am to 1:30pm, we were frustrated and lost. We spend a lot of money on them but they did not really care about it.

We lost confidence on that car and Honda.
(1) That CR-V was made defectively.
(2) Oil was leaking out. It is a life or death matter on freeway!
(3) Originally, operation of 2007 CR-V had caused some damage. Some parts had to be replaced.
(4) It may be defective in some other parts. We were afraid to take that defective car on the road.
(5) It's not a new car any more. The leaking will affected and damaged some other parts. A lot of parts were taken apart to make repairs. Their inspections had failed before. We lost confidence on that dealership.
(6) The inspector failed to find the problem. [It was defective in factory.]
(7) The customer service was poor. On 11/17/2006, we were let waiting till. after almost an hour had passed, and the Honda main office was contacted.
(8)They were unwilling to satisfy our request [they refused to replaced it with another one]. Neither Honda and Dealership do not want to take care of us.
(9) Also They want to make profit by taking it back for less than we had pay for.

That is a wrong way to treat the customer.

Thank you for your consideration.

Va

Comments

• Fe
      5th of Nov, 2007

I totally see where you are coming from. Unfortunately here in Australia we are more susceptible to such disasters as we do not have the lemon law you have in the US.

• Ra
      30th of May, 2008

Dear sir

I have Honda CRV model 2002 purchased in October 29 2002.

I have completed 210, 000 km. I always recommed my collegues to by the Honda vehicle, but for my bad luck 2 times my AC compressor has been broken down in 7 and half years. Now again 3rd time my vehicle is in Honda work shop for repair/replace of compressor which I can not afford to repair in Dubai. Please help me in fixing this car and I promise to Market the Honda products among my friends and relatives. CRV performance is very good only the AC is giving me trouble.
    Previously I have been using Honda Civic VTI where I never had problems for 7 years.

I have been sincerely servicing the vehicle in authorised Honda workshop in UAE, Shahrja. Now I would like to go for new Honda CRV but I am losing confidence in buying Honda Products coz I may encounter many more problems.

thanking you, in anticipation

Rajan Andrade
    +971504564652 (mobile)
    _97148818266 ext 126 (office)