2002 Kia Optima / service

1 7810 Shawnee Mission PkwyShawnee, United States Review updated:
Phone: 913-384-9100

I was having car problems and had my car towed to the Kia dealership under the impression that I had the warranty on the car 100, 000 miles or 10yrs. When the gentleman by the name of Michael called me to let me know my car was there and asked me what the problem was he said it would be $49.50 to check. He then called back and said it was my battery & a timing belt. I asked for the advice of another mechanic friend and advised me that that would have nothing to do w/the way my car was dying out. Therefore I feel that this gentleman was just trying to get money out of me because not once did he mention anything about an alternator or anything else. My battery was diaganosed before it was towed to Kia and there was a good reading. I feel that I should not have to pay the $49.50 and the towing fee because I was not given a proper diagnosis. I would greatly appreciate someone contact me to discuss this matter further. I know that I will never go back to this service station. I never had a problem any other time when I supposedly had the warranty on the car, then they were willing to help. I will be turing this company into the better business bureau.

Sincerely,
Unstatisfied Customer
Valerie Escobar

Comments

9th of Dec, 2009

OMG Micheal Toll and Shawnee Mission KIA are the biggest scammers EVER. My sister and myself have bought our 2002 Kia sportage brand new from this location with the extended warranties through Primus Care. On several occasions they have given misleading information. Michael told my sister that her 2x2 kia sportage was having issues with her 4 wheel drive, we both watched him turn beet red, from her verifying that he was actually saying four wheel drive, and responded with I DO NOT HAVE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, he said "that's what they told me, let me go check."

Another occasion my car was leaking antifreeze Michael Toll told me that I needed to replace the transmission for about 500 bucks saying it was not covered by my warranty. After I called and verified with primus it was covered, amazingly they were able to fix it without replacing it. A year later car stopped and instantly over heated and Michael Toll at SHAWNEE MISSION KIA said that it was my compressor and replaced it through my warranty. When I went to pick up my car from them I could not get out of the parking lot IT WOULD NOT START!! Needless to say my engine was out, Micheal Toll had the audacity to say that it was because of that time that they told me I needed to replace my radiator and I did not want to. However he never answered how logical does that seem when I KNEW MY RADIATOR was covered by my warranty. After about 8 days, a rental and unnecessary crap they found a way to scam their way out of that one. The latest was 11/19/2009 3months after these repairs my car was seeming to have a fuel leak I was smelling gas, I needed an oil change so, I took back to SMK, Michael Toll called me 30 mins later saying that I needed to replace my battery, they needed to tighten my belts, and I had a fuel leaking from the orings. I was HEATED.. I told him to just change the oil and I was picking my car up. I took my car home and had it towed to another KIA location, who repaired the leak which was they only thing they found wrong, TOW and repairs were 1/3 less than what Michael Toll at SMK was trying to charge me with. I no longer chose to do BUSINESS WITH SHAWNEE MISSION KIA OR ANY WHERE THAT MICHAEL TOLL OR CURT ELLEN MANAGES AGAIN!!!