1800Flowers / failed valentines day delivery!

1 Washington DC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-Flowers

1-800 Flowers failed to deliver flowers to my daughter of Valentines Day, and then proceeded to charge my credit cad and assume I wouldn't notice. After spending hundreds of dollars with them on a single order, they just didn't show up. No call, no email, nothing.

Their phone lines simply stated that due to the high number of calls, their operators would not be answering calls so if customers could not complete their call with the automated system, they should go to their website. i went to the website and my order tracker simply said, "order placed."

Here I am at midnight on Valentines Day and my daughter is disappointed b/c the flowers I promised her were never delivered. I placed the order days ago. Meanwhile I still paid for them and cannot reach anyone at the company.

How classy.

Mh

Comments

• Mi
      15th of Feb, 2008

Completely agree. This happened to me. I'm literally sitting on their hold message now. Clearly, they are not going to pick up. Absolutely criminal. I also just typed in "1800 flower complaints" on the internet. Endless complaints pop up. I can't believe they are allowed to conduct business like this.

• Rz
      16th of Feb, 2008

Agree. My wife still not received the flowers I order!! I will not order flowers from 1800flowers again.

17th of Feb, 2008

Same thing happened to me. How do they get away with this ???

• St
      19th of Feb, 2008

Same here. Ordered flowers on 2/12 to be delivered to my daughter on Valentines Day. Nothing received, and no call or e-mail informing me of a problem. They charged my credit card, which I cancelled through the credit card company. Difficult to reach them on the phone, but when I did, they did not take responsibility and blamed it on a "vendor". In the future, I will call a local Florist directly.

29th of Jun, 2009

I just had a completely disappointing interaction with 1800flowers.com. I ordered flowers for my mother, who is recovering from surgery. They were to be delivered on Friday, 6/26/09. I called her that evening and found out the flowers did not arrive. I contacted 1800flowers, and was told by an agent - who sounded bored and uninterested in my issue - that she would put in a "redelivery request" with the florist for the next day, Saturday, 6/27/09. Again, no flowers. This time, an agent called me to tell me the flowers didn't get delivered. She actually called my mom and apologized to her for the problems, and promised delivery today, Monday, 6/29/09. Mom waited all day for a delivery that never came. I called Customer Service, and was promised a refund ... in three to five business days! At this point, they have had the $85 I paid for the flowers for 5 days, and will hang on to it for another 3-5 before the charges are reversed. I will never use this service again.

• Mo
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I received flowers from my husband, through 1800 Flowers on Valentine's Day. When we opened the box, the flowers were smashed, wilted, brown, cut and broken. They were a disgrace. My husband spent $75 and after contacting the company, was told that they were issuing a $20 voucher to use on our next order. (Like we'd want to order from them again) They would not give a refund and told him they would resend the flowers. When I came to work the next day, the vase the ugly flowers were in was sitting in a puddle. It leaks!
    I did get the flowers again and I admit that they are very beautiful, but the disappointment of the first order still lingers. What ever happened to money back guarantee?

17th of Feb, 2014

Their service is horrible I don't know how they stay in business I should have stuck to Pro-flowers. I never had any issues with them. This is 2nd time they fail to come through for us. The last time I placed an order for a sick friend and they sent her wilted flowers. I was mortified. They said they couldn't do anything and blamed the local florist. This time my daughter unknowingly ordered flowers from them on behalf of someone who is disabled and they were never delivered. She even tried to cancel a week ahead and they said THEY COULD NOT DO THAT. Here we are 2/17/2014 still no Valentines flowers oh but they sure charged her credit card. Still no news on the flowers or the refund. This is criminal. At some point outfits like this should be charged with fraud for billing for nothing. Sounds like theft to me or at least Fraud.