1800Flowers / delivery and condition of product

I placed an order on 5/5/09 for delivery of a flower basket by 5/8/09 (In time for Mothers Day).

I received a confirmation that my order would be delivered by 5/8/09.

On 5/9/09 I received an e-mail confirmation that my order was just shipping and would be delivered by 5/8/09. Excuse me? It just shipped, obviously it was not going to make it there as promised.

I contacted the company by e-mail and advised them I would never order through them again as this was the 2nd time this happened with this same company. They sent me a "credit of $20.00" for future use :(

My Mom received the gift basket today 5/11. The box was damaged, the basked overturned and dirt all over the place. It was supposed to be the daffodil garden. The tips are broken on the plants that have started sprouting. Not only was her Mother's day gift late, it is totally defective. But hey, I have my $20.00 credit for future purchase!

So much for their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Jg

Comments

• Jg
      18th of May, 2009

Followup from my earlier post -

As a result of 4 phone calls and 12 e-mails which included sending photos of the damaged product, 1800flowers finally sent my Mom a new flower basket. Of course they didn't have what I originally ordered but claimed to have sent a higher priced item. It appears based on their site, it does cost approx. $10.00 more. Also it was delivered by a local florist, not shipped UPS. It took one week of both me and my mom contacting them to get this straightened out. I was told, in my final conversation with a customer service supervisor, that my order had been deleted and they could not validate my complaint however by sending my e-mail confirmation and my order number multiple times, they were able to correct it. Grrrr...