1 And 1 Internet, Inc. / Mywebsite / fraudulent charges for services not needed or requested

1 Chesterbrook, PA 19087PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-991-2631

I was charged $239.88 for a year's worth of internet services which I had never requested. A salesman had called to offer the service and I said that I was not interested. I thought that was the end of it. Then I got charged $19.99 a month for a year, before I noticed and when I questioned the charges, they answered that I had accepted to try that particular service which I never needed in the first place and never accessed. When I asked to ave them present me the evidence, the rep answered that I would have to produce a court order or subpoena before they would do that. When I got my credit card company to reverse those charges, they locked up my account and all of my domain names, prevented everyone from accessing my website and suspended my e-mail altogether. They then advised me that, in order get my account unlocked, I had to fax them a signed chargeback statement, stating that the charges were valid. I truly feel mugged. My advice to potential customers: don't walk, run as fast as you can from 1&1.

Gu
Jan 26, 2013

Comments

Wa
  30th of Jan, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I had similar problems and will never deal with 1&1 Internet again.

Gu
  5th of Feb, 2013

1&1 Internet is by far the worst service registrar I have had to deal with in 15 years. First, they charged me $60 four times for the 1&1 MyWebsite service which I had never requested. They refused to refund my money until I posted my dispute with them at the Better Business Bureau, at which point they became quickly responsive, agreeing to refund me the 4 fraudulent charges of $60 each for each quarter of 2012. But they then said that the only way their system would allow the refund was for me to fill out a chargeback form, which stated that they could deduct $20 for each dispute that they lost. I reluctantly agreed and sent the form to them. So they issued a refund but promptly charged me 4 fees of $20 each for the dispute they lost, as they applied the fee to each charge. Who ever heard that the losing party in a dispute had the right to impose fees on the winning side for having brought up a fraudulent charge in the first place? Fair warning: This 1&1 gang is to be avoided like the plague.