1-800-Flowers / always call a local florist!

Never, never order on a generic floral delivery website like 1-800-flowers or e-flowers etc... If you want to order flowers online, look at their "about us" section and find a local address and phone number and make SURE they have an actual flower shop with real designers working. They will be honest about their charges (you pay for the flowers and delivery only) and you will know exactly what you are getting. 1-800 Flowers skims money off the total not to mention charges you a 12.99 service charge just for the privilege of ordering from them. PS they won't give you your money back either!!!

Comments

• Di
      30th of Apr, 2011
    1-800-Flowers - awful experience
    1-800-flowers

Heads up is all I can say! I simply wanted to order both my Mother and Mother in law flowers for their special day and I felt like I needed to order MYSELF sympathy flowers after the experience I went through! (of course from another florist)!
    I first went online to order and selected the flowers that I wanted to send and as it turned out I had selected the same flowers for both Mothers. Easy right? WRONG! So I get to check out and I was pleasantly surprised that the flowers that I had selected were on sale for even less and even though I had selected the flowers only, the new reduced price included the clear vase! So when it came to add in the address for the recipent, I realized that it wasn't giving me a second address option for the other delivery and so it appeared that both arrangements would be delivered to one Mom and not the other. So I backed out and went back in to set them up one at a time and now the sale price was no longer an option. I even tried to reenter the order like the original way that I had when the sale price came up and still no price reduction! So I called customer service only to find that the service rep spoke little to no english, at least none I could barely understand but I still explained what had happened (a couple of times) then he said that there had been a mistake and that the flowers that I had selected were not on sale and that somehow their system had made a mistake the first time. Okay fine, it was hard enough to tell my story and to understand his responses so I let it go, however he said he would give me 10% off both orders for my inconvenience and I was a little bit appeased by that. He asked me for my phone number and the order code for the flowers and asked me if he could put me on hold for a moment. I agreed. After at least 5 minutes on hold, the phone was disconnected! I waited for a few minutes as he had my name and number but no call came through. So once again I called them back and spoke to another rep, although she was a little easier to understand, it was a long drawn out nightmare that lasted 32mins to order two flower arrangements! I would have to say I wasn't sure that SHE understood english as things were repeated over and over again at least 5 times. Although my order went through (supposedly, I mean nothing has been delivered at this point) I was never so frustrated in my life over what should of been an easy order. Oh did I mention that I did NOT receive the 10% discount off my whole order for my trouble that was offered by the first rep, oh no, I only got 10% off my SECOND order and only after I threatened to cancel the whole thing! The bottom line...NEVER AGAIN! In the future I will definitely cross 1800flowers off my list of people I want to do business with. I will definitely pay whatever our local florists are charging in the future as you can't put a price on good customer service and clear english speaking employees that don't have to read off a cue card.
    All I can do now is HOPE that my Mothers get what I have ordered and on time!