Commerce BankUnethical behavior

C May 17, 2021

On 5/18/2021 I visited the drive thru and gave my debit card and a 50 dollar bill to banker. He initially came on and said "do you want to deposit this"? I responded and said " I only want to deposit $25 and give me the rest back. He said "ok". I retrieved my money and left. Upon trying to make a later purchase, I was told that there was insufficient funds. I immediately checked my balance and saw that banker had put the $25 into the negative acct. I went back to the bank to get the situation straightened out. I told Banker to put the money in the acct which I had initially given him the debit card associated with. Banker told me that he couldn't transfer the money from the negative acct. I then asked for the deposit back, which banker then stated that he could not do that either. Banker further stated that when an acct is negative, any deposits would go into the negative acct. I told bankerthat he should have told me that up front, which would have given me the option to make the deposit or not. Further, I told banker that I had several deposits go into my positive acct, even as recent as yesterday (5/17/2021). Banker then lied to me and stated that from now on, any deposited funds will automatically go into the negative acct. I left the bank, pulled over and immediately did an online withdrawal from a balance at one of my jobs which is connected to the positive acct. The funds went there without any issue.

RESOLVED

This issue has been resolved. The branch manager took the time to explain to me their policies regarding my specific issues. He also made it so that I was able to receive my $25 deposit. I'm grateful and thankful!