Having problems with Commerce Bank?

+1 855 659 1656 (Customer Service)
+1 800 453 2265 (Account Information)
+1 800 986 2265 (Online Banking And Bill Pay)
+1 844 782 7206 (Mobile Banking)
+1 800 772 7283 (Commerce Brokerage Services)
+1 800 641 2265 (Personal Accounts & Services)
+1 800 449 9829 (Personal Loans And Home Equity Lines Of Credit)
+1 866 658 9333 (Personal Loan Web Payments)
+1 800 903 3210 (Mortgages - New Loans)
+1 800 821 0083 (Mortgages - Existing Loans)
+1 800 666 3910 (Student Loans)
+1 888 373 2883 (MySpending Card)
+1 800 617 7480 (Debit Card)
+1 800 645 2103 (Consumer Credit Card)
+1 877 605 7490 (The Commerce Trust Company)
+1 866 365 9346 (Small Business Checking)
+1 800 548 2663 (Capital Markets)
+1 800 207 0886 (Treasury Services & Commerce Connections)
+1 800 892 7104 (Commercial & Corporate Cards)
+1 800 892 7100 (International Services)
+1 800 828 1629 (Merchant Services)
1000 Walnut St.

Deposit / Savings Accounts / Chexsystem
PO Box 419248, Mailstop: KCREC-10, Kansas City, MO 64141-6248

1st Mortgage Loans - Commerce Bank Mortgage
922 Walnut, Suite 1100, Mailstop: T811-cm3, Kansas City, MO 64106

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Commerce Bank.

Complaints & Reviews

Commerce Bank — Abetting internet fraud

I was a long-time Commerce bank customer here in Springfield, missouri. In reviewing my account status on the...

Commerce Bank — Illegal actions

I have an account with Commerce Bank and have been happy for the past year. Well, I was embarrassed greatly...

Commerce BankStay away

Well, I have been a customer of Commerce Bank for the past year. The other day I got paid direct deposit which was $1040 after taxes and I also deposited another $2000 in the bank as well. I took some friends and a co-worker to lunch and my atm card was declined. I called the bank and was told they deactivated the card because I used my atm card on at a casino atm. I was pissed. I cursed them out something terrible. Needless to say, I'm moving on and getting a new bank. Do Not get Commerce as your bank!

Commerce BankIllegal action

I was trying to deposit 1980.00 cash deposit into bank account, after handling the cash to the teller, she claims that I give her only 1780.00, after asking her for some physical bills that I give her. She bring me different money, to prove that she is lying,

I try to deposit 400.00, but I memorize the serial numbers of the bills, but before finishing the transaction, I ask for the some money, she give the different money, than the manager confess that once you put the money in the machine to be counted, you cannot has the some money, but the some amount, which mean if the machine is wrong about counting, than you are out of luck for good.

Is illegal for bank to mix the consumer money with their money before finishing transaction of counting and printing his receipt of deposit? I'm trying to Federal Reserve help line, please anyone with the some situation.

Commerce BankReopened a closed account and charged late fees

I closed my account at Commerce in June 2007. I recently received a collection notice for $100. I went to the bank and their explanation was that in August they gave their customers a rebate of $4.00 which opened the account automatically which began the monthly charge for being below the minimum. Can they do that? Now they are giving the run around. I have 30 days to pay the $100 before it goes into collection and reported to the credit report. I was told go back in couple of days and speak to the bank manager after he has had a chance to look at the paperwork.

Cheryl Sep 03, 2008

Doesn't surprise me at all. They're ###. They get fees any way they can. Report them to the BBB. Keep on them. You don't have to pay any fees for a closed account.

Commerce Bank - Johnson Drive, KSThis branch really sucks!

My car was stolen last year in june(06) and so were my commerce bank checks with a whole lot of other personal property. My car was stolen at about 11 pm on friday night I called 911 right about then and then called the customer service# behind my debit card and they refused to help me or take my info ( this is my debit card that was for the same checking account that the checks in my car were for). The COP arrived at like 4 am or so and was there for about 30 - 45 minutes and by the time I went to sleep it was like 5 am or so the next day which was Saturday I woke up like 2 or 3 pm the bank was closed by then so the following Monday I called a local commerce bank # and informed them of what had happened. A month later I started getting letters from collections agencies that's I had written bad checks .. I adv them of what had happened and called the branch that I had opened my account in and then went in the to sign affidavits that these were forged signatures so they closed that account and I opened a new account with them. Commerce bank received all info from the DA's office about the person who was caught, tried and convicted for this crime and I thought that was that and thought it was taken care of... Recently on the 19th of this month Commerce bank did a set off charge on my checking account and took $600 from my account I had $640. in there they took $600 and I had nothing to live on... the amount that was spent by the culprit was about $1800.00 now commerce bank wants to pursue me for the diff which is$ 1200 and they threaten legal action... the attorney I had retained last year and paid $500 to sd he will need another $1500 to take this CASE! I am stuck and don't know what to do... I mean that I will have to pay my attorney $1500 to recover $600 and to make sure that commerce bank doesn't try to garnish my wages or what ever they would do to get the other $1200.

I just dont know what to do I live paycheck to paycheck and cant afford this I have no Idea on how to take care of this who to go to... i mean I am the kind of person that don't steal from nobody I found $200 at work back in aug of last year and turned it in... I need help with this, someone please help me.

Commerce Bank — Unavailable funds fee!

I have been arguing with the bank for the past 2 days to no avail. I checked my balance and there was an...

Commerce BankLost wages, lost stock options, theft of personal property!

I was wrongfully terminated by Commerce Bank on July 28, 2006. I was treated wholly differently by the employer based on my race, disability (bi-polar) and religion (Roman Catholic). I was demoted in rank, withheld without cause from training classes, a berated by the management because I requested a transfer to another branch of the bank and because of my interest in advancement.

I was told that I had to obtain the permission of my manager, Soubhi Tabbara, before I could log on to "career launch", the bank's internet site for positions. I logged on during Easter weekend 2006 with an interest in a training instructor position.

The regional HR office informed Soubhi of my interest even though they were not allowed to inform him until I actually applied. Soubhi berated me in front of the staff. Also, I was barred from ever talking about my religion in writing by HR. Even though numerous other members of the staff talked about their religions or irreligious views. both assistant managers stated that they were atheists and irreligious.

I was passed up for promotion by an illegal immigrant who was less qualified than myself. I was only given a 4% raise while other staff members were given 7-9% raises. I was denied lending authority and the customary stock options that come with the authority even though I handled more loans than most staff members.

Even after termination Commerce could not leave me alone. I had to return home to PA. I applied for numerous banking positions only to be turned down because of my references. I even applied for a seasonal position at a retail store and again turned down because of my references from Commerce Bank.

I filed for unemployment and after two separate hearings I was granted unemployment. Commerce files an appeal three weeks before Christmas. Because of this I had no money for Christmas gifts and my holiday was ruined.

I want to sue Commerce for lost wages, lost stock options, theft of personal property (including handwritten letters from my deceased Grandmother), defamation of character, and pain and suffering. People beware of this bank!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices