Comfort Keepers non-medicalProviding inappropriate care

I am a previous care giver for this company and found that this company allows thier caregivers to perform medical assistance to clients that should only be done from a licensed medical assistant including wound care, distribution of medicines, taking home clients property. I have resigned from this company totally upset by the lack of care for the clients or there families. There is absolutely no training I have witnessed other care givers yelling at dementia patients, clipping nails by the State standards of IN no nail clipping is allowed to protect the clients when I questioned my supervisor she said she would check into and never returned my call. On the sheet caregivers are given for each client it is clearly stated. These people must never be trusted to provide care to your loved ones.

• Se
    SeniorCareGiver Mar 18, 2010

Please remember that each "Comfort Keepers" is independently owned and opporated...so, they ALL can not be held responsible for another owners/caregivers bad caregiving...instead, of blasting on the internet, you should call and let the corporate office know these concerns. The website is www.comfortkeepers.com

• Ke
    keerstin Jul 20, 2011

I work for comfort keepers currently and I don't know which one u work for but we r not permitted to cut nails only file them. We also are not allowed to dispense medication.I also had to go through training and had to take and pass an exam to be hired we r also not permitted to take home their property either if we r given a gift or something it cannot exceed 20$ and it has to be called into the office and has to be approved through the poa. So it sounds like u got w a office that has serious issues within the management. But I would like to assure people that all branches are not like that. That's why they are independently owned.