Menu
Preferred Homecare
reviews & complaints

Preferred Homecare
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

44 complaints
6 resolved 38 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Preferred Homecare. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
2:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ACCOUNT #FDO 02 This is a small monthly payment and I always pay on time, their billing practices are very stressing and staff have a lack of compassion for a patient struggling with heart and lung problems. I am writing this complaint regarding Preferred Homecare and its billing practices, This complaint started on the month of Feb,2022 the company keep...

N
12:46 pm EDT

Preferred Homecare - CPAP supplies

I've been told I can only reorder supplies by phone. There is an inordinate hold time when calling in, and when I finally talked to a representative I was told I couldn't call for a refill until next week. I couldn't place my order and have it sent out at the appropriate time. Also, I can't just order supplies on line. What a time waster! Very customer unfriendly.

Desired outcome: Please make ordering supplies easier, i.e., on line ordering or able to call ahead to order supplies.

F
9:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yet again, I waited home all day -no one showed with replacement. After waiting all morning called in AM to get updated appt time and was told 4-6pm. Did not happen. And time drags on for return options. I'm so disappointed!

Preferred Homecare - Hospital bed

My dad died and preferred refuses to come get the hospital bed! How hard could it be to just come get it? My daddy is dead now! I’m so angry and frustrated because I’ve been calling them since January 2022 to come get the hospital bed and they have absolutely refused and I say this because I still have the hospital bed and it’s April 1, 2022 tomorrow

Desired outcome: Please please just come get the hospital bed! I’ve started begging you in February and now it’s April tomorrow and ??? I just want preferred to come get the hospital bed

L
6:51 pm EST

Preferred Homecare - Supplies

My husband is in.hospice and can't get any supplies for.his.cpack.we ordered 3 times since November before he got anything and when he did they gave him the wrong siz mask .called again and it's been weeks still haven't received anything.we r changing out old parts to make him a mask that works.this isn't right when.he is terminal.pleqse help us. Mrs richardson

7:20 pm EST

Preferred Homecare - private wheelchair

Wheelchair was picked up before Christmas. Called 1/20/22 and wheelchair still needs insurance approval. Has not been touched in over a month. On top of that, once approved, payment is needed even before parts are ordered. WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS ! Luckily, my insurance has given me an alternative for another facility.
As of today 1/20 the approval has not been filed with the insurance company

Desired outcome: GET OF YOUR [censored] AND FIX MY WHEELCHAIR

M
8:59 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The insurance approved a certain amount of hours as of early December and every time I call the agency, I am told they did not receive the approved hours. However, my insurance confirmed this change. I was recently diagnosed with a severe illness and the agency is still not applying the changes of HHA hours for me to have the appropriate service.

T
5:08 pm EST

Preferred Homecare - Unfilled prescription

Prescription was turned in Monday 12 13 2021. I have not even received a call
I called and was on hold 28 minutes to be hung up on. When I went to the office the staff was rude to me and 3 other patients. After watching there 45 minutes I was told that they are still trying to " process " it. It has been 5 business days. Still not receiving medical equipment that the doctor deemed nessary!

3:09 pm EDT

Preferred Homecare - Very poor customer service

My oxygen company through United Health Care was Apria. I received a letter from United Health Care that my oxygen provider was changed to Preferred Health Care. They were supposed to contact me to bring me a new concentrator and oxygen tanks. I have called them many times the past month, and always have been put on hold for a long time, nobody at the company would answer the phone. I have called them over and over the past month, and they have very poor customer service, and I can not trust them to reorder my oxygen tanks that have emptied. This company is very unreliable. United Health Care should drop them as a provider for oxygen supplies.

R
5:48 pm EDT

Preferred Homecare - deliverys

I am running out of oxygen bottles. They are delivered every Thursday. I have been trying to place an order for refills and the only phone listed states they are having phone problems. I do get recording message they are experiencing a high call volume and please wait for representative. I held for 31 mins Wednesday plus called at different times. Thursday called several times and held once 47 minutes. Currently holding 39 minutes and am going to hang up.

3:01 pm EDT

Preferred Homecare - Oxygen

I've been trying to get a portable oxygen concentrator since February the light weight ones when I got out of hospital and your workers are just plain lying first the say the hospital dr put script in for in home lie 1 he knew I already had in home 1 so had to go back and forth for over week then repeatedly they said no script for it lie 2 it was sent to them at least 5 times since February now they say they don't have the light ones and now once again no script then last Wednesday I called needed he nasel cannulas for inhome the claim they came Thursday I was there I don't leave house plus have dogs if they knock my dogs would go crazy knocking I still don't have them this is over a week I've been using same dirty cannula I clean but still dirty it's been chocking me every night I cough and wake up don't sleep you really need to get caring people who dont make sick people go threw hell to get your products there's a lot of complaints in the bbb getting ready to also put one in to health department

Desired outcome: Getting what I need

L
2:37 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Its been about 4 or 5 months that Preferred Home Care, Justin, has been fooling around with this scooter prescription from my doctor. Im using a broken wheelchair while waiting. Justin calls me at 7:05 in the morning to dicuss various options, never bothered to measure me for good fit, refuses to respect or accommodate my unique structural needs for...

F
11:11 am EDT

Preferred Homecare - Reception in phoenix

I had no backup oxygen all weekend if there had been a power failure my life would of been on the line this to me is criminal. I requested a portable but was denied. Woman in charge said I would need a new prescription and would have to qualify? Anything said to not bid my request? If I need to go elsewhere to correct this kind of problem I am on my way!

P
4:14 pm EDT

Preferred Homecare - Medical supplies

With a cancer diagnosis in 2013 I underwent a laryngectomy and removal of my voice box at UCLA R. Reagan Medical Center. After 10 days my husband brought me home to Las Vegas and to the care of visiting nurses and a myriad of DME equipment and medical supplies - all provided by and organized by Preferred Homecare.
I was a bewildered, needy patient who was immensely helped by your company.
In a few months the laryngectomy tube was removed and a voice prosthesis inserted. This allows me to speak but with difficulty.
My contact with Preferred Homecare was by email. The nicest, most efficient customer service representative, Lisa Halwix, Trach and Vent Coordinator, offered to receive my monthly supply orders by email, understanding that requiring me to dictate a list of needed supplies on the telephone would be a huge strain on my meager voice.
In 2014 I was diagnosed with lung cancer and was seen by a pulmonologist. Now I needed oxygen equipment and was referred to AA Medical, now AdaptHealth Co.
It did not trouble me to have two medical supply companies. However, in 2019 AA Medical had a billing problem which we could not agree on. I had to leave their nice employees and decided to put all my supply needs in the hands of Preferred. Lisa Halwix helped me with all my transferring needs. Every month I ordered from her, receiving the box of supplies within a few days. There were orders from physicians needed by my insurance provider, Aetna Medicare, and Lisa helped me with all the forms.
Oh, I did not take Lisa's caring attitude for granted. Frequently I thanked her and acknowledged that she was going above and beyond the definition of customer service.
Eight years have gone by, my lung tumor is stable but ever present, I sleep with oxygen from the concentrator, and every month I receive medical supplies. UNTIL NOW.
And NOW brings me to the point of this communication. We changed our insurance in January this year, choosing Medicare as our primary and Anthem Blue Cross as secondary. Suddenly my accustomed routine of medical supplies fell apart. There began a series (not merely one!) of phone calls from Regina Lozada in billing. She instructed me that I must see my doctor and submit from him to Preferred Homecare an approved list of supplies. After 8 years with little variation in my supplies. After assuming I was a valued customer with a Preferred file for all my details.
February dragged into March. My pulmonogist, overwhelmed with the Covid-19 crisis, said one of his nurse practitioners could easily handle this insurance issue since I was not at all ill. Papers were sent to Preferred. They were refused several times for signatures in wrong places, an objection refuted by the Lung Center doctors. In March I submitted an order to Lisa Halwix and then learned the sad truth: Medicare patients cannot be represented in their home state. I would have to deal with employees in Arizona. These people, represented by Ms Lozada in addition, now, to a Lisa Hill, insisted their forms were still not correct for me to be served by Preferred. AFTER 8 YEARS! My doctors office manager tells me she deals with many medical supply companies here in Las Vegas and never has been treated as Preferred's employees did.
Finally in March it seemed I was going to be allowed to pay Preferred for tubing, masks, suction jars, etc., any supplies not fully covered by Medicare. I emailed my usual order for 5 or 6 items to 3 different people. This is what I was instructed to do: to Regina Lozada, Lisa Hill and MIT Supplies. That week my husband answered the phone to Lisa Hill, calling me with a question. I reminded her that speaking on the phone was so difficult for me. Could she not send an email? She sounded surprised and ignorant of my condition. AFTER 8 YEARS! Does Preferred not have files on patients? Eventually I did receive that March order.
I write today not merely because I am so disappointed in a company which I thought valued me but also because on April 28 I emailed a second supply order, requesting a reply from Preferred having received it (a gesture Lisa Halwix did monthly as a courtesy). Today is May 5. I have received no reply and to date no supplies. Will they arrive?
Of course, I am taking recommendations from my ENT, my oncologist and pulmonologist for a change of medical supply companies. My leaving your firm won't be of consequence to you, but social media will read this and wonder...as do I, how Preferred Homecare stays in business.
Sincerely,
Joyce Goldin

Desired outcome: receive supplies!

12:48 pm EDT

Preferred Homecare - O2 concentrator

I have been on hold for 1 hr. trying to talk to SOMEONE at the Las Vegas office. I need some assistance with my O2 Concentrator. The alarm keeps going off.

There is actually no excuse for this. What if I need this oxygen just to breathe at all.

This is not the first time I have had trouble even getting the phone answered.

Please respond.

Donna Aldridge
[protected]

A
4:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have used this company previously when I lived in Buckeye AZ and now in Mesa AZ. I have never had such inconsiderate customer service as I have had from your company. When I rely on oxygen tanks to give me mobility I expect quick service. It should not take 2 or more days to have my tanks delivered. I am on 6lpm so you can see how quickly one tank will...

P
2:01 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Was suppose to have recieved my oxygen tanks today but no one even showed up I called about 3pm was told that someone was suppose to have been to deliver my items between 6pm and 8pm no one even showed up I have been home all day this is the second time they did an no call no show its sad that an patient like me on oxygen has to endure such poor treatment smh

T
7:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I notified the RT that I was changing insurance companies and that I wanted to self-pay-to-own my CPAP machine, I also inquired as to the monthly cost. I was told she did not know, but that someone would let me know. I did not receive a call or letter, or direction about how to obtain that information. I was not billed for 5 months, to alert me to...

N
3:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dr ordered a new c pap machine. They brought out a busted broken machine with nasty fluids on it. My son is severely disabled an contacts germs easy an can be fatal. Found out it was very used so had to complain they brought out a new one finally. However they picked up his mask with it that my insurance done paid for an he has no mask. After many...

V
6:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Need C pap supplies. Have called for days. Go for hours holding, no one comes to answer. I'm in need of my supplies. I am a heart patient and stoke patient. I spoke to Joy and Dominic who are in other depots. They sent them emails which they never responded to me. They don't deserve to b in business. Please help me get my supplies!!! The Doctors refer us to you and you could care less. Please help me.

Preferred Homecare contacts