We have had nothing but trouble since aaa switched from bank of america!
I cannot tell you how much we absolutely hate (!) the new aaa visa through comenity bank!
We are very likely going to cancel the card after having used it as our primary card for nearly 20 years. Their web site and customer service could not be any worse. When bank of america had the business we had no problems.
• half the time their website is down and not responding (happened again this morning and i’ve used three different browsers and my phone to try to login)!
• if we send a secure message it takes 2-3 days to respond.
• because my husband is the primary name on the account and I am an “authorized user” they refuse to give me customer service by phone or messaging. (boa never once refused any call of mine with questions or concerns.)
• we even sent a secure message to them from my husband stating that he wanted me authorized to manage the account since I do all of our finances and banking; we can’t open the website to see their response, even though we received an email saying it was there in the message center.
• the very first time was made a payment after the switch, they said the bank rejected the payment and charged us a $25 return fee! When I set up the payment information on the new site I directly copied and pasted our bank information into their form so there is no way I typed it wrong. We had to fight to get the $25 returned, re-entered the account information, and sent another payment that they again said bounced and again charged the $25 fee. Finally a supervisor took care of the request and we now have a paid in full balance with a $50 credit sitting on the account.
• we won’t even use the card at this point because it has been such a major pain in the rear!
• someone at aaa needs to know about this. It cannot possibly be just us. Our credit scores are well over 800 and I don’t want them damaged because these clowns can’t seem to manage a new major account.