Coast Dentalx-ray and initial exam

C Nov 05, 2019

Was at this location on 6.24.19. Had an X-ray (1) and initial exam.

I have Humana Medicare and according to my policy, this is an IN-Network facility.

I was charged $14.00 for an X-ray (which I paid) and $43.00 (which I also paid) for the initial exam, all because this office fraudulently billed my insurance company with the incorrect CPT code.

When I called this office and asked them to change the CPT code they refused.

I sent a letter to Humana appealing these charges and to investigate the fraud charges. CPT code D0140 was used. I sent this documentation into Humana .

I also suggested to Humana that they not renew your IN NETWORK status in the coming year, because your personnel at this office have no clue what they are doing and the fraudulent billing practice.

I received a decision from Humana regarding this case. REF #: [protected] in my favor and your company owes me $57.00 for that above charges I have paid.

My account # is: [protected].

I have reached out to this location and have been hung up on. I left a message through your corporate office yesterday 1.5.20 asking for regional or district manager to contact me at 321.615.5683 since your office manager at the above mentioned location is not available and there is no one there to cover in her absence. My suggestion is: CROSS TRAIN YOUR PERSONNEL.

The one girl in the office INSISTED you do NOT have a corporate office nor do you have a phone number. She needs to be educated on the company she represents and works for. She is NOT the receptionist.

I have all the documentation needed for this reimbursement. I will present all this when I meet with a manager.

I look forward to hearing from either a Regional Manager, District Manager or someone with authority to help with this reimbursement of $57.00.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

cc: File

• Cr
    crissy53 Aug 06, 2020

I walked out of coast dental upset and I refused their even touching me because the room was dirty and when I pointed out, to the hygienist, dirty gloves sitting exposed for everyone to see she proceeded to push the dirty gloves back down the trash hole with her gloved hand. Grabbed the spray bottle began spraying the dirty sink. Now I asked myself is she going to touch my mouth with those Now dirty gloves she had on after touching a dirty pair of gloves? That was the last straw for me I walked out And would not let anyone touch me. In these times we can’t afford taking risks such as that especially when it comes to the mouth!! The ppl there are not all that friendly either the not so friendly hygienist told me I would have to wait 30 min for another room ...whatever I’m outta there!!